Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 516552)
Apparently, according to someone over at Blurage, it contains just the theatrical cut.

Although that is likely the only one I'll watch more than once and have the Metrodome Distribution Blu-ray release for the bulk of the extra features, I'll probably wait and buy the two disc release when the price has dropped a bit.

Justin101 10th January 2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 516555)
Although that is likely the only one I'll watch more than once and have the Metrodome Distribution Blu-ray release for the bulk of the extra features, I'll probably wait and buy the two disc release when the price has dropped a bit.

Nos, all of the 'archival' extras from the Metrodome release are on the 2nd disc, and the first disc with the Theatrical cut has the 90 minute documentary and the short film! So if you keep both you're sorted.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 516556)
Nos, all of the 'archival' extras from the Metrodome release are on the 2nd disc, and the first disc with the Theatrical cut has the 90 minute documentary and the short film! So if you keep both you're sorted.

In that case, it seems the only difference between buying the Sainsbury's release and having the Metrodome one and buying the more expensive version is the booklet and packaging. That probably isn't worth the extra money especially if, like me, space is becoming a premium.

Thanks both for your responses.

:ilovecultlabs:

TJ Doc 10th January 2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 516554)
somebody spreed a rumor that somebody will release phenomena and other argento classics in 4k . I read that on blu ray forum that person say that is for real . so may be arrow

If Arrow still own the UK rights to the Argento (and Fulci) films they were releasing during Arrow Video's problematic first few years, then I wouldn't be shocked to see them reissued with improved transfers (like Deep Red) in the near future.

First up might indeed be Phenomena just because it's already been remastered for Synapse's release. Either that or a box set.

michal 10th January 2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 516567)
If Arrow still own the UK rights to the Argento (and Fulci) films they were releasing during Arrow Video's problematic first few years, then I wouldn't be shocked to see them reissued with improved transfers (like Deep Red) in the near future.

First up might indeed be Phenomena just because it's already been remastered for Synapse's release. Either that or a box set.

plus arrow blu ray of phenomena seems to be out of print

plasterface 10th January 2017 06:37 PM

argento at arrow

still hearing murmers of arrow releasing a 3 mothers box set and opera on blu

michal 10th January 2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 516571)
still hearing murmers of arrow releasing a 3 mothers box set and opera on blu

me to

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th January 2017 07:13 PM

So that means Arrow have got Mother of Tears from Studiocanal?

You have to be honest. Michal comes up with a right load of guff prior to Arrow announcements only for them to be totally different.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 516576)
You have to be honest. Michal comes up with a right load of guff prior to Arrow announcements only for them to be totally different.

He has speculated on almost every Argento film which Arrow hasn't yet released fully remastered, so it's difficult to be wrong when you suggest everything!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th January 2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 516577)
He has speculated on almost every Argento film which Arrow hasn't yet released fully remastered, so it's difficult to be wrong when you suggest everything!

...and yet he usually is. :lol: