Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2024, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

So taking them one at a time:

Disney - well, that's not going to happen!
Cannon - most of the high profile cult items have already been released. If this is right then I can only see further re-releases in UHD of the high profile titles and boxsets a la the Empire boxset for lesser titles.
Full Moon - again would be mainly re-releases, probably as boxsets.

Warner is the most intriguing, as Arrow have managed to persuade Warner to part with the odd tilte in the past. Apparently, according to Blurage, the guy who negotiated the Warner deal for Shout is now working for Arrow. The speculation is that the Shout releases will get UK releases from Arrow. However, there is the contrary view, that if it is a Warner deal, whatever Arrow do get, will be US only, which will obviously raise the hackles of UK punters even further.

A Warner deal would be very exciting if it included some of their high profile titles. I'd definitely double dip for some of those already released in the Premium Collection e.g. Excalibur, etc

Dare we hope for The Devils...?
Old 1st April 2024, 06:09 PM
Active Cultist

I'd kill for a cannon boxset. There's still so much not released on blu ray.

American Samurai is receiving a director's cut and digital restoration. Could be that.
Old 11th April 2024, 06:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
I'd kill for a cannon boxset. There's still so much not released on blu ray.

American Samurai is receiving a director's cut and digital restoration. Could be that.

I was just about to buy a new German dvd release of American Samurai. Guess i'll hold off to see if someone puts out a blu-ray.

IMG_0077.jpg
Justin101 and will graham like this.
Old 12th April 2024, 06:57 PM
Cult Don

Arrow have added a lot of booklets that are available to download for free

By my reckoning, the new additions are:
  • [Rec]
  • A Ghost Waits
  • A Tale Of Two Sisters
  • After Midnight
  • Beyond Re-Animator
  • Beyond The Door
  • The Bird With The Crystal Plumage
  • Blind Beast
  • The Bloodhound
  • The Brotherhood Of Satan
  • Burst City
  • The Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Clapboard Jungle
  • Cold War Creatures
  • Crash
  • Creepshow 2
  • Deadly Games
  • Dead Or Alive
  • Death Has Blue Eyes
  • The Deeper You Dig
  • Dementor / Jugface
  • Demons
  • Demons 2
  • Dillinger
  • Dinner In America
  • Dune
  • El Duce
  • The Far Country
  • The Films Of Olivier Assayas
  • Giants And Toys
  • Hagazzusa
  • The Holy Mountain
  • The Invisible Man Appears
  • Irezumi
  • Ivansxtc
  • Jesus Shows You The Way To The Highway
  • The Jodorowsky Collection
  • JSA - Joint Security Area
  • King Of New York
  • Lake Michigan Monster
  • The Last Matinee
  • Lies And Deceit
  • Little Nothings
  • Major Dundee
  • The Mangler
  • My Stepmother Is An Alien
  • Oldboy
  • Over The Edge
  • Red Angel
  • Sailor Suit And Machine Gun
  • Shock
  • Shogun's Joy Of Torture
  • Sleep
  • The Snake Girl And The Silver Haired Witch
  • Switchblade Sisters
  • Threshold
  • Versus
  • Walk On The Wild Side
  • The Woman

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th April 2024, 07:24 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah the person behind the restoration and Sam firstenberg are being quiet about future plans.
So it's anyone's guess. The film was part of the cannons catalogue owned by wb in states and uk.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th April 2024, 02:54 PM
Cult Don

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (April 26th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PT / 10.00am ET for our July new title reveals!"

Suggestions include 'The Pope's Exorcist', 'The Great Rock And Roll Swindle', 'American Graffiti', 'Young Warriors', 'Black Belt Jones', 'Quadrophenia', 'The Motorcycle Diaries' and 'Zoolander 2'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2024 - 07 - July Announcements.jpg (88.5 KB, 54 views)

Old 24th April 2024, 07:38 PM
Cultist

Unhappy

brought the individual releases of the Bruce Lee films on Monday cause I couldn't get the boxset and I wish I hadn't brought them because everything that was great about the boxset is missing especially the interviews the documentaries and the other 3 version of the game of death and that's why I wish I never got them plus the 2nd disc on the release of way of the dragon is still the wrong disc and there is nothing I can do about it because the replacement program as ended so I'm stuck with it and I wish they would just release a smaller version of the boxset but without the 200 page hardbound book.

Last edited by peter alex; 24th April 2024 at 07:59 PM.
Old 25th April 2024, 07:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
brought the individual releases of the Bruce Lee films on Monday cause I couldn't get the boxset and I wish I hadn't brought them because everything that was great about the boxset is missing especially the interviews the documentaries and the other 3 version of the game of death and that's why I wish I never got them plus the 2nd disc on the release of way of the dragon is still the wrong disc and there is nothing I can do about it because the replacement program as ended so I'm stuck with it and I wish they would just release a smaller version of the boxset but without the 200 page hardbound book.
I think they will at some point but without the book or extra discs. But when released it should have a corrected Way of the Dragon.
Old 25th April 2024, 07:59 AM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
Where did you get it from? You should be able to return it and get a refund if it is not 'fit for purpose' and / or 'sold as described' [I'm sure it wasn't described as being 'dodgy']

Alternately, if it was purchased from a reputable source, and you have proof of sale [i.e your receipt] get in touch with Arrow anyway and they might still be able to replace the disc - I got a copy of 'House By The Cemetery' from Amazon Marketplace a number of years after it was released (originally in 2012). This turned out to be a Blu / DVD combo instead of a 2xBlu set - I contacted Arrow and they still sent me a replacement for the incorrect disc

Old 25th April 2024, 08:12 PM
Cultist

3 of the July's release by arrow have been leaked and one of them is the 4K release of the film the man from uncle.

Like this? Share it using the links below!