Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th September 2012, 07:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Typical isn't it.

We have two outright winners and then four entries tying with 6 "likes".

I'm waiting for a reply to a PM i sent Kyle. I need a way to seperate the four without drawing from a hat so to speak.

Anyone any ideas??
Old 30th September 2012, 07:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Typical isn't it.

We have two outright winners and then four entries tying with 6 "likes".

I'm waiting for a reply to a PM i sent Kyle. I need a way to seperate the four without drawing from a hat so to speak.

Anyone any ideas??
Let me win?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th September 2012, 07:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
It stars Chow Yun Fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Im not sure wether the title refers to arnies lack of underwear or wether he just likes to boast,but whenever I watch Commando I really do feel he is goin for the homo-erotic angle,his glistening biceps,the sly little looks to the camera as he sticks an axe in a mans testicles,what could it all mean,big guys fighting each other to the death,lots of phallic tools of destruction,only one woman inthe film and no clench or kissy,but show him a group of south american rebels and he's splaying the screen with bullets like he's having an orgasm,com on Arnie cum out of the closet baby you feel alot better,and you'll probably get a discount on baby oil.
Matrix: I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I'm very hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
This is one action film everyone should see....

RAGE (1995)

Seriously this is the single most insane action film I have ever witnessed, but lets look at the plot before I let you in on the action. Gary Daniels plays Alex Gainer, a 2nd Grade teacher who is car jacked by a stereotyped Mexican. They're apprehended and Alex wakes up to find himself in a lab. Alex is injected with a serum that causes him to !RAGE!, not in an incredible hulk way but in a way that he's able to kill without remorse or emotion. Alex escapes and makes his way across L.A trying to find a cure, evade the cops and clear his name of murder while being helped by a burnt out news reporter. OK that is the plot, but it's not the main reason to watch the film, oh no, it's all about the action. We get fist fights, full on gun battles, car chases, exploding cop cars and a oil tanker crashing into a school bus (minus the kids) which explodes. That is just the first 25 minutes of the epic action film. It's what you get if you cross 28 Days Later with Crank minus the 'zombies'. Gary Daniels is unstoppable in this and does bring to mind Chev Chelios from The Crank films. The film also has some unbelievable stunts such as Daniels trying to escape the law by moving floor to floor of an office building...from the outside. I played this through my speaker system and for a low budget action film on a budget dvd release, the sound was incredible, the gun fire was blistering and at one point during the final fight in a shopping centre, my ears were almost bleeding from the smashing of glass, actually come to thing of it, I think something like 30 panes of glass are smashed at the end.

The acting on the other hand is abysmal, Gary Daniels is unbelievably wooden and seems to struggle with his lines. They come out like he's auditioning for a high school play and he's never acted before, it's very bad but credit due to Daniels, the man is a martial artist and his skills are incredible, he's never going to win an Oscar but if his other action out put is as incredible as this, Mr. Daniels has a new fan...just not of his acting.

One of the best things about the action is that it's all done practically, there's no CGI enhancement, it's all done for reals and it's what make the film so good. It's a shame hollywood doesn't take a look at how action is done correctly seeing as this was a DTV movie that has some of the best action sequences i've seen from that decade. It's just a shame that the plot and acting ruins this film. But if you want action, have no interest in a plot and want to see shit blow up, free falls from helicopters, many many people get shot by uzi's and watch a man hang from the side of a building while another man takes shots at him from a chopper then this is the film you need. If you want a plot and good acting with your action, stay well clear....I ****ing loved this shit and the dvd only cost me 1p. Bargain.....

5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealbe View Post
Here is my entry (just in time?)

Deadly Prey

Just a movie YOU NEED TO SEE (only on vhs)
Here is a gif I made after watching this the second time in my life:

(been using that on some other forums)

The action is so ridiculous it gives commando a run for its money.
It honestly has an awesome score and Ted Prior is a badass.

Just seeing clips doesn't does the movie justice, its hilarious and ass-kicking at the same time.
These four entries are currently tied in third place with six "likes" each.

For these four entries only the competition remains open until midnight.

To all readers please keep voting on the four or post a reason here on which one you think should win.
Old 30th September 2012, 07:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

In first place with 9 likes is Darthelvis

Second place with 7 likes is Bedorca.

Congratulations guys.

Your posts were worthy winners.

We just need to seperate the other four entries now.
Old 30th September 2012, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well done guys
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th September 2012, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

good work fellas
Old 30th September 2012, 08:49 PM
Cult Addict

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well done to the winners
Old 30th September 2012, 09:06 PM
Cult Addict

Dem and Kyle, I'm one of those with 6 votes but count me out as I already have the film and only entered for a bit of fun.

Congrats to the winners.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 30th September 2012, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Awesome been dying to see this! Congrats to bedorca and whoever comes out on top.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!