All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2024, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Not a fan of that one. I found it boring to the extreme - not as bad as the 'Alien Vs. Predator' films, but a very close thing !!
I enjoyed Alien Vs Predator however Alien Vs Predator Requiem...I can't stand that.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 1st September 2024, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Andromeda Strain. 1971.

After a satellite crashes in a New Mexico town and wipes out the population the U.S. Air Force gathers a small team to investigate it. I never got on well with this when I managed to finally watch it all the way through and thought I'd give it another go, I actually enjoyed it more this time round, you don't need a big budget, just a good plot line and actors that can make the film more tense than it should have been. Robert Wise is a great director when he made The Haunting and this one he kicked up the atmosphere and suspense a bit more, considering the plot deals with a enemy that cannot be seen.

MV5BYzY4NGZkOTMtNTRjNy00NWY4LWI2ZmUtODc3NWY3MTBhNzE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg
Old 1st September 2024, 11:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
These. I won't be watching them all but there's a few to go at.

Haha! A year later and i've still not watched all of these.

District 9
The Hunger Games
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Wall-E
Logan's Run
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

remain unseen on Blu-ray. I watched Moon tonight so will type something tomorrow (Or is that today?)

Real Steel, Mortal Engines, Chappie, ID4, Chronicles of Riddick and Valerian have also been added to the scifi Blu's to-watch pile.
Old 2nd September 2024, 09:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Andy Colby's Incredible Adventure. 1989.

Andy is doomed to another Saturday of babysitting his sister, he goes to the video store and picks up a movie which his sister is sucked into the T.V. by sinister Lord Chroma and he goes on a search to find her. Also known as Andy And The Airwaves Rangers, a good family film from Roger Corman with snipets from Space Raiders and Kor the Conqueror. The acting is brilliant from everyone even Chuck Kovacic who plays the sinister Chroma who loves different colours and Randy Josselyn who plays the big brother hero....who am I kidding, this film was shit.

ba44c0afc20385ffc02670fb38e81bb9572a10c49aac1b059617d61bbfff705f.jpg
Old 2nd September 2024, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Space Raiders. 1983.

During a fight in a hanger, young Peter takes shelter in a space ship that is is stolen by space pirates.

From executive producer Roger Corman who pieced this film together using his idea of recycled film footage, music and ideas to make a movie last almost 83 minutes and managed to pull of something watchable. It's not the best movie but not the worst, that manages to be entertaining, also teaches children how to drink and use cuss words, then traumatising watching his new friends die right in front of him. passed a bit of time by watching this and still fun to watch.

MV5BY2EwMTE2MWEtMzMyYi00YzVlLTk3M2MtNzM4MTg1MzZjYTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2MjQyNDc@._V1_QL75_UX190_.jpg
Old 2nd September 2024, 05:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Moon (2009)

An intriguing debut film from Duncan (Zowie Bowie) Jones starring Sam Rockwell as as Sam Bell, a lone mining engineer stuck on a long shift on the dark side of the moon with his three year cycle coming to an end. His only company is Gerty - a robot that helps run the mining colony (voiced by Kevin Spacey). However as his shift comes to a close Sam begins to suspect that things, especially he himself, are not quite what they appear.

A film which delicately investigates themes such as humanity and loneliness and also a film which produces a game changing twist half way through. Despite the fact only Rockwell and Spacey's voice are present for 99% of the time the film kind of flies by.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (12.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 2nd September 2024, 05:42 PM
Cult Veteran

I've had 2 copies of Moon on my collection at one point, and now I can't find either of them Been meaning to watch this again for the longest time but I don't want to buy it AGAIN hah

The soundtrack is brilliant, one which I listen to frequently. Clint Mansell does some excellent scores.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd September 2024, 05:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've had 2 copies of Moon on my collection at one point, and now I can't find either of them Been meaning to watch this again for the longest time but I don't want to buy it AGAIN hah

The soundtrack is brilliant, one which I listen to frequently. Clint Mansell does some excellent scores.
I can't recall anything of the soundtrack. That's not necessarily a bad thing it just meant i was too engrossed in the film and the music simply became part of the whole ambience.
Old 2nd September 2024, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can't recall anything of the soundtrack. That's not necessarily a bad thing it just meant i was too engrossed in the film and the music simply became part of the whole ambience.
It's not very bombastic, it's quite chilled with a few tenser driving tracks, but I'm sure if you heard one of the cues you'd recognise it!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd September 2024, 06:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's not very bombastic, it's quite chilled with a few tenser driving tracks, but I'm sure if you heard one of the cues you'd recognise it!
When it had finished i did wonder if due to the nature of the film i might not find any rewatch value there. However it's obvious you want to see it again so i'll give it a chance and see if it stays in the memory.

If i were to suggest it similar to any other film i'd say Garland's Ex Machina but only due to the fact it's got a limited cast and a robot.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!