Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

trebor8273 13th February 2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 520942)
Having now finished Genesis of the Daleks i'm sad to say I'm not a fan of what many think is one of the best Who stories. There were some highlights but overall I found it a bit of a chore to get through, unlike Earthshock which I enjoyed 100%.
I can't really put my finger on what I didn't like, I liked Harry and I liked Sarah Jane, I wasn't a huge fan of Tom Baker (yes, I know...)
The story was definitely too long, nothing happened in the middle episodes while all of the big questions and decisions where left until the final episode!

I don't feel like I should give up though, perhaps the Tom Baker period isn't for me. I'm even considering checking out David Tennant, I'm not a fan of his acting in general but maybe he's a good fit as The Doctor? He seems to have a lot of fans.

if i'm honest Baker is not my favourite, i would try some more davison as well as Troughton and Pertwee all which i found a better doctor. but saying that you should at least watch all the "horror" Baker storys

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 520951)
if i'm honest Baker is not my favourite, i would try some more davison as well as Troughton and Pertwee all which i found a better doctor. but saying that you should at least watch all the "horror" Baker storys

I'd steer clear of Pertwee personally. If Justin thought Genesis dragged then i'm sure he'll think the six and seven part Pertwee stories will too.

Agree with the Baker horror stories though - Pyramids of Mars, Horror of Fang Rock, Image of the Fendahl, Brain of Morbius, Masque of Mandragora, Robots of Death (steered clear of mentioning any six episodes stories - youngsters like Justin have the attention span of a gold fish)

Justin101 13th February 2017 02:10 PM

I'll try those out :lol:
Speaking of attention spans, i'm always looking at a film's running time these days, 100 mins max but 85 mins = perfect :nod:

trebor8273 13th February 2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520956)
I'd steer clear of Pertwee personally. If Justin thought Genesis dragged then i'm sure he'll think the six and seven part Pertwee stories will too.

Agree with the Baker horror stories though - Pyramids of Mars, Horror of Fang Rock, Image of the Fendahl, Brain of Morbius, Masque of Mandragora, Robots of Death (steered clear of mentioning any six episodes stories - youngsters like Justin have the attention span of a gold fish)

Forgotten the best one Talons of weng Chiang, mind its 6 epiosdes

Demoncrat 13th February 2017 03:20 PM

Watched
Web Of Fear
Survival
The Sensorites

Surely they will be animating the 3rd episode of WOF at some point? Telesnaps just not good enough any more imho :nono:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 520956)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 520966)
Forgotten the best one Talons of weng Chiang, mind its 6 epiosdes

:axekiller:

:D

Susan Foreman 13th February 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 520970)
Surely they will be animating the 3rd episode of WOF at some point? Telesnaps just not good enough any more imho :nono:

The annoying thing is...episode 3 was originally among the re-discovered episodes in 2013, but somehow it went missing between the time of the discovery and the time of the episodes being returned to the BBC

Demoncrat 13th February 2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 520973)
The annoying thing is...episode 3 was originally among the re-discovered episodes in 2013, but somehow it went missing between the time of the discovery and the time of the episodes being returned to the BBC

Missing? Or just burnt like the rest?? ;);)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th February 2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 520973)

I bet Treb took it to Cex.

Justin101 13th February 2017 03:41 PM

I can handle 6 episode story arcs :lol:
I just didn't find that particular one interesting :headache: