Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

JoshuaKaitlyn 3rd November 2018 07:45 PM

Stopped watching this series. I admit I wasn't one of those that welcomed a female Doctor, but I thought I would give it a chance. But after three episodes I've decided its just too PC.

• Female Doctor (OK-ish)
• Multicultural Companions (Nowt wrong with that but it felt like 'yeah lets go with that')
• Bradley Walsh (for the older generation) (Nowt wrong with that but it felt like 'Lets keep the old fans happy')
• Interacial marriage (Nowt wrong with that but It felt like 'Lets add that to the mix)
• Possible gay feelings from one of the companions (Again nowt wrong with that but It felt like 'Lets add that to the mix also).

iank 4th November 2018 04:22 AM

The Macra Terror is up for pre-order on Amazon, no release date as yet. Everyone and their mum says it's an animation, despite a lack of official confirmation.

Susan Foreman 4th November 2018 08:20 AM

November 4th: Today in WHO-story

Births
1971 - Robyn Moore (June Turner in K-9)

1998 - Bear McCausland (Steven Carter in the Torchwood story Children of Earth)

Deaths
1982 - Talfryn Thomas (Mullins in Spearhead from Space and Dave in The Green Death) aged 60

2017 - Dudley Simpson (music composer [1964-1979]) aged 95

Episodes
1967 - The Abominable Snowmen, Episode Six: 7.4 million viewers
1978 - The Stones of Blood, Part Two: 6.6 million viewers

Releases
1989 - Technical Hitch (Marvel's The Incredible Hulk Presents)

2002 - The Infinity Race (BBC Books)

2010 - Wraith World, Deadly Download and Demon Quest, Part Three ('A Shard of Ice') (AudioGO)
2016 - Toby Hadoke's Who's Round 192 (Big Finish Productions)

Behind-the-Scenes
2005 - Recording of Big Finish's Sarah Jane Smith story Snow Blind took place

2009 - Recording of Big Finish's unmade TV story Point of Entry took place

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 591777)
The Macra Terror is up for pre-order on Amazon, no release date as yet. Everyone and their mum says it's an animation, despite a lack of official confirmation.

It's that same hopeful listing as we got for The Wheel in Space.

I don't think Amazon US have any idea what is or isn't coming out in Doctor Who classic terms.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2018 07:34 PM

Pic of the Day # 649

1 Attachment(s)
The Pting from the 2018 episode The Tsuranga Conundrum

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2018 07:35 PM

The Tsuranga Conundrum

Absolutely abysmal.

Mojo 4th November 2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 591801)
The Tsuranga Conundrum

Absolutely abysmal.

It was atrocious. Embarrassingly bad.

hivemind 4th November 2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 591767)
Stopped watching this series. I admit I wasn't one of those that welcomed a female Doctor, but I thought I would give it a chance. But after three episodes I've decided its just too PC.

• Female Doctor (OK-ish)
• Multicultural Companions (Nowt wrong with that but it felt like 'yeah lets go with that')
• Bradley Walsh (for the older generation) (Nowt wrong with that but it felt like 'Lets keep the old fans happy')
• Interacial marriage (Nowt wrong with that but It felt like 'Lets add that to the mix)
• Possible gay feelings from one of the companions (Again nowt wrong with that but It felt like 'Lets add that to the mix also).

Considering Many people in the UK pay the BBC a handsome sum of monies every year, you'd expect the BBC to listen to it's fee payers. But the BBC has a clear diversity agenda going on, and whether you pay the TV license or not, your gonna get a massive dose of feminism and diversity chucked in your face. I had the unpleasant task of having to watch tonight's episode with family and friends.

A night that will live in infamy for many years (possibly even decades) to come. Shameful to watch, and even upsetting to think that this is what people believe is progress and change for the better. The show is finished.

iank 4th November 2018 08:15 PM

You're all really making me regret not watching this season. :skull::skull::devilbanana:

gag 4th November 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 591804)
You're all really making me regret not watching this season. :skull::skull::devilbanana:

Not as bad as us regretting watching it :brainfood: everyone talking about being PC crap men giving birth must be the final straw , men give birth to boys women give birth to girls mmmm OK then . Sam doesn't watch it but catches clips when I do and even she mentioned it being PC .