Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th July 2016, 04:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
On your recommendation i've dipped into Alias by ordering the 1st series. Should be here by Saturday or Monday and cost the princely sum of £1.50 including p&p!
You won't be disappointed although the first series is easily the weakest in my opinion.
Old 6th July 2016, 04:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
On your recommendation i've dipped into Alias by ordering the 1st series. Should be here by Saturday or Monday and cost the princely sum of £1.50 including p&p!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You won't be disappointed although the first series is easily the weakest in my opinion.
Although it has been some time since I saw them, I thought the first three series were the best, and the show went downhill after that, but all five were high-quality TV.
Old 8th July 2016, 02:04 AM
Cult Master

My girlfriend has seen Game Of Thrones up to date so i took a break from my marathon to catch up to watch season 1 of True Detective managed to get in the first two episodes earlier today. Loving it so far has a really eerie dark vibe really got hooked a few minutes into the first episode.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 8th July 2016, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got about 6 episodes of this left. Had it a few months but rotate it with other stuff too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51VH1CGR7DL.jpg (39.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 9th July 2016, 01:33 AM
Cult Master

Just finished season one of True Detective just kept getting better and better well worth a watch if you can. Going to try season 2 tomorrow I hear it's not as good but worth a shot.
Old 9th July 2016, 07:42 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Just finished season one of True Detective just kept getting better and better well worth a watch if you can. Going to try season 2 tomorrow I hear it's not as good but worth a shot.
Glad you enjoyed it Nord. Despite the slow burn approach season one is magnificent tv. Now season 2...well do you have anything else to watch?
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 9th July 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
watched the first few episodes of Buffy which i'm enjoying BUT it seems to have aged badly this will probably improve as the show goes on.
Definitely stick with it, as it gets much better. Season 2 is far superior to season 1 and I consider it the best one with 3 a very close second (almost tied) and 5 makes up the last of my top 3 seasons. I’d place season 1 in the middle. It’s the most simplistic season; it’s only 12 episodes long (half the length of the other seasons) and it’s more of a monster of the week show at this point with a loose story arc thrown in. The effects are the most dated of the series too. But it’s still fun and it lays the foundations of what’s to come.

Joss Whedon really takes advantage of elaborating on this with Season 2. It really comes into its own as a show here especially at the halfway point and becomes the ‘Buff the Vampire Slayer’ that is adored by so many. It also introduces Spike who’s my favourite Buffy character along with Willow and Faith who’s introduced in season 3. Season 6 is a good season overall with the last three episodes being excellent. Season 7 is second from bottom but isn’t bad overall. Season 4 is the worst but it still has some standout episodes and Spike has loads of great comic moments throughout.

Check out the spin-off series ‘Angel’ as well that’s also great. It starts after Buffy season 3 and is set alongside Buffy season 4 onwards and runs for 5 seasons. If you’re interested, you can follow this guide to watch all episodes of both shows chronologically - The Watcher's Council: Buffy and Angel Episode Viewing Order

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 9th July 2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
This series made me reevaluate MM as an actor. Sadly the second doth not do the same for its stars IMHO! Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th July 2016, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Definitely stick with it, as it gets much better. Season 2 is far superior to season 1 and I consider it the best one with 3 a very close second (almost tied) and 5 makes up the last of my top 3 seasons. I’d place season 1 in the middle. It’s the most simplistic season; it’s only 12 episodes long (half the length of the other seasons) and it’s more of a monster of the week show at this point with a loose story arc thrown in. The effects are the most dated of the series too. But it’s still fun and it lays the foundations of what’s to come.

Joss Whedon really takes advantage of elaborating on this with Season 2. It really comes into its own as a show here especially at the halfway point and becomes the ‘Buff the Vampire Slayer’ that is adored by so many. It also introduces Spike who’s my favourite Buffy character along with Willow and Faith who’s introduced in season 3. Season 6 is a good season overall with the last three episodes being excellent. Season 7 is second from bottom but isn’t bad overall. Season 4 is the worst but it still has some standout episodes and Spike has loads of great comic moments throughout.

Check out the spin-off series ‘Angel’ as well that’s also great. It starts after Buffy season 3 and is set alongside Buffy season 4 onwards and runs for 5 seasons. If you’re interested, you can follow this guide to watch all episodes of both shows chronologically - The Watcher's Council: Buffy and Angel Episode Viewing Order
two was always my favourite season with the introduction of Spike and Angel going bad
Old 9th July 2016, 11:41 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
This series made me reevaluate MM as an actor. Sadly the second doth not do the same for its stars IMHO! Ahem.
I felt like that about Woody Harrelson.
Unfortunately Season 2 wastes 2 good actors and fuff knows why Vince Vaughn is in, his performance is cringey.

Like this? Share it using the links below!