Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd October 2017, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has anyone watched Electric dreams yet ?
I really don't think its that impressive or great, watchable but nothing special or outstanding.
thought Timothy spall was looking old and haggard
Old 2nd October 2017, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

marvel-inhumans-poster.jpg
THE INHUMANS

Double episode pilot. "Behold... The Inhumans" and "Those Who Would Destroy Us".

Wow. So much hate out there in review land for this show and only two episode in.
I thought it was okay so far. I am not happy that some of the costumes have been changed and do not look much like their comic counterparts but I will be happy to carry on with the show. Looks like a lower budget Marvel show with most of the money spent on Lockjaw the huge teleporting dog.
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:05 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Killing

Over the last week I have watched all 4 seasons of the American show...

Basically an extended nervous breakdown riffing on Twin Peaks for two seasons followed by a relapse and a more ordinary plotting device for seasons 3 and 4.

I found the story of the family in the first two seasons quite emotionally draining, showing how the longer tv format can total crush the short, sharp shock of cinema when it wants to do so.

Good stuff overall, even if the story endings are weak and the over use of red herrings in the first story left too many things unexplained but not in a good, weird way.
Old 3rd October 2017, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran

I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of The Killing, when it was finally revealed how she was killed I was very surprised and upset by it. I couldn't really get into the 3rd season and because of it never even watched the 4th. I feel like I should give it another try.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd October 2017, 08:41 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of The Killing, when it was finally revealed how she was killed I was very surprised and upset by it. I couldn't really get into the 3rd season and because of it never even watched the 4th. I feel like I should give it another try.
I binged all 4 seasons in marathon sessions, so to a degree after season 2 it all started to merge into one endless scene of angst and existential dread. Season 4 has a terrible ending. I think the writers were so wrapped up in the lead characters pain that by the end of the series they bungled the ending. It doesn't work.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:24 PM
Cult Master

Almost finished the four seasons of Eastbound and Down only two episodes to go amazing stuff these out-takes are so funny but if you don't like Will Ferrell maybe they are not for you

My pluuuuuums.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:12 PM
Cult Addict

What is the original, Danish, The Killing like people? Would it be worth my time watching it so close to the American one or would that be too depressing?
Old 5th October 2017, 05:36 AM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
What is the original, Danish, The Killing like people? Would it be worth my time watching it so close to the American one or would that be too depressing?
It's very political!!

I haven't seen the American version so I cannot comment on that, but the first series of 'Forbrydelsen' I found quite gripping (even if it was about four episodes too long). After that, however, I found myself struggling thru the second and third series

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th October 2017, 09:17 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It's very political!!

I haven't seen the American version so I cannot comment on that, but the first series of 'Forbrydelsen' I found quite gripping (even if it was about four episodes too long). After that, however, I found myself struggling thru the second and third series
The American one is very political too. Will the Danish one make me crave cigarettes like the American one? I was sure at one point due to the amount of cigs smoked by the police, they would get emphysema before solving the murder.
zeroid likes this.
Old 5th October 2017, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 197191
THE INHUMANS

Double episode pilot. "Behold... The Inhumans" and "Those Who Would Destroy Us".

Wow. So much hate out there in review land for this show and only two episode in.
I thought it was okay so far. I am not happy that some of the costumes have been changed and do not look much like their comic counterparts but I will be happy to carry on with the show. Looks like a lower budget Marvel show with most of the money spent on Lockjaw the huge teleporting dog.
Watched it earlier and wasn't overly impressed , was overly slow and the actor playing black bolt had zero charasma the something you would want from a character that hardly speaks also seemed poorly writing as I found him unlikeable with his indecisiveness and treatment of some of his subjects, I had more sympathy with the villian of the show Ramsey Bolton.

Like this? Share it using the links below!