Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2024, 04:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Looking forward to Celebrity MasterChef tonight.

'Ard man Tamer Hassan is one of the chefs.
Old 3rd September 2024, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just watched the last episode of Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams: On Tour.

I only watched the first episode because it was on straight after Celeb Master Chef on a Tuesday night and i couldn't be bothered to select a film to watch but i'm pleased i did as i found the series quite interesting and involving as former cricket great Andrew Flintoff took his disparate team of Preston youngsters out to Kolkata in India on tour to gain new experiences.

It was an emotional experience as we saw the working class lads basically come of age and transform into young men but also for Flintoff himself who faced his own demons as this was the first time he'd pretty much been seen since the horrific car crash on Top Gear left him with life changing injuries.

It wasn't smooth going, the lads had plenty of issues and at times annoyed Freddie and sidekick Kyle Hogg with their slack time keeping and all round messing about, but you could see them all grow as human beings as the four part series progressed. It was obvious they all respected Flintoff both for his achievements in cricket and as a person.

There's a hell of a lot of reality shite on tv nowadays, this however was not. It was a life affirming experience for all and the sort of thing that brings a bit of hope to this crumbling world.
Old 22nd September 2024, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A Team

This was one of the shows which I was too young when it first started and never got round to watching it at other times however after watching the first 3 episodes on Legend TV, I liked what I saw therefore I bought the Series on DVD.

The first three seasons were really entertaining and liked that the 4 main characters, they each have their distinct personalities and none were background characters.

Legend TV puts a of it's time warning before an episode and some of Hannibal's disguises and the portrayal of Murdoch, I can see causing issues in 2024.

I did like some of recurring jokes like potential clients mentioning Mr. Lee and B.A's fear of flying.

Season 4 started to show signs of flagging and having ego boosting guest stars didn't help and Season 5 changed the storyline somewhat but it didn't seem the same and it felt that the series was cancelled mid-season because there was no real resolution.

There was an episode where there was a different person chasing the A Team and afterwards they reverted back and apparently the penultimate and last ever episode got switched, which makes sense when they talk about what they are going to do next at the end of the penultimate episode.

There were some interesting names that appeared in episodes like Dean Stockwell, David Hess, Ernie Hudson, Wings Hauser...etc.
Old 22nd September 2024, 06:46 PM
Cultist

been watching old shows on rewind tv on freeview like Department S and Jason king.
Old 22nd September 2024, 07:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
been watching old shows on rewind tv on freeview like Department S and Jason king.
What did you think of them?

I loved Department S after watching the Network box set and couldn't wait to get into the Jason King set but on the whole that was so disappointing. King seemed so much better in a team than solo however it wasn't helped by some lousy stories.
Old 23rd September 2024, 05:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
A Team

This was one of the shows which I was too young when it first started and never got round to watching it at other times however after watching the first 3 episodes on Legend TV, I liked what I saw therefore I bought the Series on DVD.

The first three seasons were really entertaining and liked that the 4 main characters, they each have their distinct personalities and none were background characters.

Legend TV puts a of it's time warning before an episode and some of Hannibal's disguises and the portrayal of Murdoch, I can see causing issues in 2024.

I did like some of recurring jokes like potential clients mentioning Mr. Lee and B.A's fear of flying.

Season 4 started to show signs of flagging and having ego boosting guest stars didn't help and Season 5 changed the storyline somewhat but it didn't seem the same and it felt that the series was cancelled mid-season because there was no real resolution.

There was an episode where there was a different person chasing the A Team and afterwards they reverted back and apparently the penultimate and last ever episode got switched, which makes sense when they talk about what they are going to do next at the end of the penultimate episode.

There were some interesting names that appeared in episodes like Dean Stockwell, David Hess, Ernie Hudson, Wings Hauser...etc.
There actually was a resolution, it's just that for some reason they showed the final episode not as the final episode but the one before so you may have missed it. Stockwell gets them all pardoned, but they decide to carry on helping people anyway as that's what they do.

Like this? Share it using the links below!