All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2010, 07:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
I'm really stunned by the way Arrow treat their fans - that's awesome!

BUT a little bit of nagging still has to be done. Maybe I'm the only one but I kinda liked Cover 3 ... it's 4 that I would have loved to see leave for something that ... well, doesn't suck.

But still, the choice of covers is really nice for this one. Yould you at least give us Art 3 as an artcard/postcard within the box?
I liked cover three too, but MUCH prefer the replacement.
Old 24th September 2010, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Okay, I gotta admit that two, the replacement is much better even though I also liked Nr. 3
Old 24th September 2010, 07:32 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
So moving FIRMLY back to A Bay of Blood (let's have another thread for Bay vs Friday eh?)

Arrow have been following this thread with great interest. Rick's artwork stays - it's there to grab people and the success rate is good. Decent sales mean more films, more extras etc.

Onto the other panels - it's hard to get hi-res versions of a lot of the stuff out there on the web but Arrow have read through this all, burrowed about and the result is we keep panels 1 and 2 and have different 3 and 4. So for your perusal today is panel 3 - a familiar video classic interpretation:

Definately worth having the old Hokushin cover instead of that awful Rollin/Franco looking thing but I think the unused Medusa artwork would have been nice to keep.
Old 24th September 2010, 07:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ok, here's some pics. Everyone will notice the cannibalization of imagery for some of the artwork. There are two or three more I'm going to try to up shortly too.

I really like the second and last one best, and think the last one would make for a nice 4th panel (if Arrow is trying to avoid the 2nd image since it was used for the original US dvd).
Old 24th September 2010, 07:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Reazione a catena (great title btw) for me,although I also do like the second and last one.
But I guess the new fourth cover will be already finished and is just waiting to be posted by Almar?

Last edited by bdc; 24th September 2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 24th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Reazione a catena (great title btw) for me,
Likewise
Old 24th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Reazione a cantena for me too. Although, I also love the 'Eye in the Sky' artwork.

That third one is odd... looks like a cross between The House by the Cemetery and Cannibal Ferox:

Old 24th September 2010, 07:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Here's the others:

Old 24th September 2010, 09:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Wow Fran and Almar .. it really is marvellous that you guys truely listen to your fans!! Based on this result, I can only see Arrow and Shameless going from strength to strength! The "other" distributors overseas must be quaking now!

Finally, I am off to Cuba for a couple of weeks on Saturday .. but when I return I would love to see that this panel has made its way to the main cover!

Great one guys indeed!

Oh lets see this as the poster too!

Old 24th September 2010, 11:21 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post

(if Arrow is trying to avoid the 2nd image since it was used for the original US dvd).
I hope that's not the case. It's probably the most 'recognizable' one for that very reason.

It gets my vote for panel 4.

Like this? Share it using the links below!