Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2010, 09:27 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I had a look through the thread again and I am indeed wrong. It hasn't been confirmed for BD. Sorry about that folks.
The plan is that it will be a BD as well as a DVD. It will most likely have that three second cut and with the poll on here indicating digital fuzziness as the fave that's also tying in with the thinking at Arrow. Meawhile, Arrow are trying to see if they can get to the bottom of that scene and how it was shot - but let's face it - that's not going to be easy.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:35 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Meawhile, Arrow are trying to see if they can get to the bottom of that scene and how it was shot - but let's face it - that's not going to be easy.
It's worth trying to see if someone out there knows.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Argento is an animal lover, apparently, so maybe it was faked? I very much doubt it, but there's no harm in trying to find out.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 24th September 2010, 09:39 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

That's the thing - it's hard to see what can be done about Deep Red but always worth looking at possible avenues although really it's rather different to Inferno.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:42 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here's a question for the BBFC in defence of Deep Red, were those real bugs that the children were stepping on and killing in Starship Troopers? Was it filmed especially for the movie? Maybe because it was "just a bug" or didn't suffer,it was acceptable? That's my BBFC/Deep Red rant over.
Old 24th September 2010, 09:44 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Last point ( I promise). Do you know if the BBFC are aware of the platinum release with the scene included Almar?
Old 24th September 2010, 09:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Here's a question for the BBFC in defence of Deep Red, were those real bugs that the children were stepping on and killing in Starship Troopers? Was it filmed especially for the movie? Maybe because it was "just a bug" or didn't suffer,it was acceptable? That's my BBFC/Deep Red rant over.
And what about all those Cockroaches in Creepshow? But then, the animals act doesn't cover bugs (discrimination!). (and no-one seems to like cockroaches so I guess it doesn't matter)

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 24th September 2010, 09:47 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. Again, if nothing can be done, then at least we tried.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:30 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Do you know if the BBFC are aware of the platinum release with the scene included Almar?
The release of the uncut print was unauthorised. If it's brought to their attention they'll refer it to the Compliance Failure department. It would be up to them then as to how to pursue the matter further.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:34 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernun41 View Post
The release of the uncut print was unauthorised. If it's brought to their attention they'll refer it to the Compliance Failure department. It would be up to them then as to how to pursue the matter further.
True, you can't even argue with a someone that pass a film uncut for years then turn around and decide to cut it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!