Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2010, 09:28 AM
Ex-member

Will Arrow release both versions of the film like Another World Entertainment have done, but Include the Italian audio with english subs.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:52 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
Why don't Arrow just give a list of films that they will be releasing but just as pre-release info so that if you sign up then you will be told when they are releasing it and it's available to order.
It's a very good point and work is underway to build systems that will provide far easier info for the future.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:36 AM
Cultist

Amazon have withdrawn pre-orders for the Deep Red Blu-ray now too, just got an email through.

Looking forward to having a pre-release info system up and running in the future.

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 28th September 2010, 01:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Artwork ready yet?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th September 2010, 03:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I guess not!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th September 2010, 07:19 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm (once again) wading in very late but I have to say that Profondo Rosso is such a great film that I don't think that little cut matters. For years I only had a cut version and it still became my favourite Argento (well, joint with Tenebrae) and one of my favourite films of all time. I later got hold of an uncut version (German, I think) and I barely even noticed the addition of the impaled lizard.

That said, I think I would be in favour of digitally altering the scene in some way, rather than cutting it entirely or putting in a still image.
Old 29th September 2010, 02:20 AM
Cultist

As much as I am for teh film being uncut, the last version I saw theatrically was the completely butchered US edit. It made NO sense at all, I'll be happy even if they have to make this tiny cut.

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Old 29th September 2010, 07:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Any more info on the extras?
Old 29th September 2010, 02:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
I sent them a detailed e-mail and here was their response:

Quote:
Thank you for your email.

I'm afraid your request is somewhat presumptuous, as no decision regarding our classification of DEEP RED, including whether to cut the scene in question, has been made. We are very aware of UK law regarding animal cruelty, and I gather the arguments on our position have been rehearsed ad infinitum online following the recent decision on INFERNO.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time and trouble to express your views to us.
'Arguments have been rehearsed ad infinitum online'? I take it they don't like people discussing their business online then! Bit of a discourteous and unprofessional reply in my opinion and I would make a complaint about it if I was sent a reply like that!

Aside from anything else, there's no law that says we can't dicsuss BBFC cuts and debate how to best deal with issues of censorship. I'm sure their replies to folks are also heavily rehearsed ad infinitum!
Old 29th September 2010, 03:28 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
'Arguments have been rehearsed ad infinitum online'? I take it they don't like people discussing their business online then! Bit of a discourteous and unprofessional reply in my opinion and I would make a complaint about it if I was sent a reply like that!

Aside from anything else, there's no law that says we can't dicsuss BBFC cuts and debate how to best deal with issues of censorship. I'm sure their replies to folks are also heavily rehearsed ad infinitum!
'ad infinitum' really just means 'at length' so they were just letting me know that they are aware of what's going on. I'm just happy they responded since I seem to be the only one NOT to have gotten a response the first around with INFERNO even though I wrote nearly the same e-mail with a few minor tweaks.

Like this? Share it using the links below!