Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2010, 04:57 PM
Cultist

I saw the longer version first, (with Italian lang. inserts) then I saw the shorter version and I have to say I prefer the longer version. The shorter version seemed to fly by at breakneck speed, which, granted was the whole point of the shorter version by removing most of Daria Nicolodi's scenes and others. Perhaps I like my films to build up gradually! Congratulations on getting it through uncut by the way
Old 15th October 2010, 05:05 PM
Cultist

I am in the minority in prefering the English version, but hopefully both will be on the Blu ray. Cant wait for this release!
Old 15th October 2010, 05:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't believe the US/shorter version has any material unique to it, so why can't there be both available on the release where you pick which you want? I think the kids call it branching technology?
Old 15th October 2010, 05:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Another one of Ricks lesser stunningly savage (pun intended) drawings - but still a very pleasing one. I prefer his breathtaking imagery on movies like Silent Night, Two Evil Eyes and Inferno, but I also like his less catchy artwork, such as this one. It's an interesting picture that reveals it's true identity ony after you've looked at it for some time.

BUT I'd also like to know why the zombie was removed. Well, it has nothing to do with the filmm but that didn't stop people in the past. I think the zombified version has a little more pep to it.

INCREDIBLY AWESOME NEWS ON THE CUTS! You guys are great!
Old 15th October 2010, 06:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Both cuts would be the icing on the cake but I could be wrong but branching might be expensive so Arrow left it out.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th October 2010, 06:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'd like to see some more pics of the other artwork used please.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:33 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
BUT I'd also like to know why the zombie was removed. Well, it has nothing to do with the filmm but that didn't stop people in the past. I think the zombified version has a little more pep to it.
If you're talking about the corpse being removed from Rick's Deep Red painting then you're not paying attention to the film. He's the dead husband from the bookend flashbacks that was walled up for years then revealed when Marcus breaks through after seeing the kid's drawings.
Old 15th October 2010, 09:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Lot's of bbfc censored films have been shown uncut on TV. Hell, the Horror Channel even shown the Uncut version of Bloodsucking Freaks, and that has never been submitted to the BBFC.

According to Ofcom the only BBFC certified films that are banned from being shown are R18 even to subsciption channels.
Interestingly this seems to apply to advertising web sites - in 2008 red hot tv advertised 2 web sites (the ads themselves where within guidelines but the sites showed R18 material after a warning screen) they were fined £25,000 and £27,500 respectively.

As far as the non sex movies are concerned :

No film refused classification by BBFC can be broadcast unless it has subsequently been passed by BBFC or BBFC confirms it would not be rejected according to current standards.

No film cut as a condition of classification by BBFC can be transmitted in a version that include cut material unless :

the BBFC confirm that it was cut to obtain a lower category or that the film would not be subject to compulsory cuts under current standards.

So either those films can now be resubmitted uncut and pass - or the broadcasters got lucky they never got complaints
Old 15th October 2010, 10:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Both cuts would be the icing on the cake but I could be wrong but branching might be expensive so Arrow left it out.
Branching is about the same price as authoring a normal dvd but it takes a little more time.

The process is done by the person who authors the dvd.
Any guy who´s into authoring like myself can confirm this.

I already authored some branching movies for some big companies and as they pay by title is just the same amount.
Old 15th October 2010, 10:24 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
According to Ofcom the only BBFC certified films that are banned from being shown are R18 even to subsciption channels.
Interestingly this seems to apply to advertising web sites - in 2008 red hot tv advertised 2 web sites (the ads themselves where within guidelines but the sites showed R18 material after a warning screen) they were fined £25,000 and £27,500 respectively.

As far as the non sex movies are concerned :

No film refused classification by BBFC can be broadcast unless it has subsequently been passed by BBFC or BBFC confirms it would not be rejected according to current standards.

No film cut as a condition of classification by BBFC can be transmitted in a version that include cut material unless :

the BBFC confirm that it was cut to obtain a lower category or that the film would not be subject to compulsory cuts under current standards.

So either those films can now be resubmitted uncut and pass - or the broadcasters got lucky they never got complaints
Compulsory cuts for horsefalls seems to be a BBFC favourite these days but tv screenings of old movies where this was a standard practice are usually uncut.

With Deep Red getting through uncut I wonder whether some comments from James Cameron might enable a UK premier for an uncut release of The Abyss

Like this? Share it using the links below!