All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2011, 09:53 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
I can't believe what I've just read.

The Beyond was never, ever intended to have a black and white pre credits sequence.

There are enough sources out there to support this. Its a technical error. One I have every confidence Arrow will correct before its released.
If the discs have already been pressed they would have to delay again! I hope not, I would be happy with the B&W
Old 21st February 2011, 09:59 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
If the discs have already been pressed they would have to delay again! I hope not, I would be happy with the B&W
You'd rather have a compromised version of a bona fide classic rather than wait a little while for a corrected version?
Old 21st February 2011, 09:59 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Well I've bought every one of the Arrow Blu Rays so far Jonny, and been impressed with everything (although I had a couple of niggles with Deep Red, but nothing serious).

I'm certain Arrow wouldn't release an inferior product to the public deliberately, especially one with such fan appeal as The Beyond. Doing so could be commercial suicide as word spreads:

1 - People would not buy this release, preferring instead to hold out for a release from another territory
2 - People would be hesitant to buy future releases, wary of any other potential problems like this

This has to be corrected before release. If not the adverse affect on Arrow would be catastrophic.

Which is why I have every confidence it will be.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:03 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm certain Arrow wouldn't release an inferior product to the public deliberately, especially one with such fan appeal as The Beyond.
I'm sure there's some serious discussions going on at Arrow HQ this morning about this.

Like you Andy I know Arrow listen to the fans and only want to release the best possible versions of these films. There's no reason at all to assume they'd put this out with this mistake intact.
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I would be happy with the B&W
I think you would be in a very small minority. To many Fulci fans this will be a big deal, I know if its kept in B&W I aint buying it.
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
I can't believe any genuine fan of this film would want a Blu Ray that had a faulty version of the film on it.

It defies logic, it truly does.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:05 AM
Active Cultist

I have to admit I have not had the pleasure of seeing this film.
Old 21st February 2011, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I can't believe any genuine fan of this film would want a Blu Ray that had a faulty version of the film on it.

It defies logic, it truly does.
That is the most sensible thing that I have read today. What's the point of releasing something that is ment to be cutting edge when it contains sub-standard materials?
Old 21st February 2011, 10:17 AM
Active Cultist

Sorry guys I am not familial with this title sorry for the error on my part, after a bit of searching on the net I see why people are moaning. Hope they fix it before release!
Old 21st February 2011, 10:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Sorry guys I am not familial with this title sorry for the error on my part, after a bit of searching on the net I see why people are moaning. Hope they fix it before release!
Don't worry about it bud. Nobody is having a go at you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!