Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2012, 03:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I highly doubt it, imagine if the same thing happened with Trading Places, the film would end 20 minutes early!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th December 2012, 03:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Better not be. They have no right.
I understand what you are saying, but i think it does not detract from the film in anyway and maybe some families of the bereaved might not see it as a good call to leave it in?
Old 28th December 2012, 03:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I highly doubt it, imagine if the same thing happened with Trading Places, the film would end 20 minutes early!
Again though it may have been down to the subject matter and not wanting to offend?
Old 28th December 2012, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Can't be that - you see the Twin Towers in loads of other shots during the opening sequence . . .
Old 28th December 2012, 03:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Can't be that - you see the Twin Towers in loads of other shots during the opening sequence . . .
Not seen it in a while and if that's the case its got me beat as to why they cut it?
Old 28th December 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's got to be a screw-up. It happens right at the end of the titles, which uses branching. Somebody's made a mistake.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 28th December 2012, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It's got to be a screw-up. It happens right at the end of the titles, which uses branching. Somebody's made a mistake.
I have not had time to watch it yet, but as you say the positioning of the cut after the titles indicates some sort of authoring fault. Sorry i am late to the Party, but do you know who provided BU's print and who supplied the Arrow version (by the way from just skimming through the Arrow print is fantastic).
Old 28th December 2012, 04:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

When I first saw the blu ray, I noticed the missing frames at once. (Is it really 6 secs missing ??)
Apart from this, the release is awesome, but if this release was Star Wars with a few seconds missing (which happened on a Empire Strikes Back laserdisc) there would be hell to pay and something done about it.
Old 28th December 2012, 04:47 PM
Cult Addict

Considering the significant differences in quality between the arrow and BU release its probably unfair to say BU's is better because you see more of a boat floating by for six seconds, but arrow really do themselves no favours do they!

Surely saying "whoops sorry" and offering a little freebie (sticking new discs out might be dear and they spent an awful lot of cash on this) to people might at least sweeten things, sometimes they are their own worst enemy. I lodged a complaint regarding the orders shipped with incorrect addresses and as of yet no response, they REALLY need new PR.
Old 28th December 2012, 04:50 PM
Cult Rookie

I don't have the BD yet but just out of curiosity, does the time counter on the player also skip the 6 seconds, or does it proceed as normal after the opening credits? Shouldn't the counter skip if the missing footage is a result of an issue with branching?

Like this? Share it using the links below!