Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2012, 11:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
keirarts had the same problem with basket trilogy as well booked months in advance and weeks later they had still not dispatched just ended up canceling and getting from amazon and paying the difference, only use them if not in a rush to get something or its a lot cheaper than any other retailer
Zaavi has lost a lot of cash from me in recent months not being able to deliver. Even the cannibal holocaust blu-ray which is readily available most places seemed difficult for them to source. As I said, I suspect they may be in trouble.
Old 28th November 2012, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Nice to see all the positive feedback on this thread I hope you all enjoy ZFE when your copies arrive.

I'm pretty sure Cannibal Ferox would still be heavily cut and, as such, I doubt you'll see it from Arrow.

From what I can gather Argent Films (Shameless) have Suspiria now as per the amazon listing:

Suspiria (Blu-ray): Amazon.co.uk: Jessica Harper, Barbara Magnolfi, Udo Kier, Stefania Casini, Dario Argento: Film & TV

I don't doubt Arrow would have loved to add this to the collection - and Naomi, Nick and myself would have been thrilled to work on it. It's still my all time favourite Italian horror film.
At that price it might be time to unload my suspiria blu in anticipation of an arrow release!
Old 28th November 2012, 11:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
At that price it might be time to unload my suspiria blu in anticipation of an arrow release!
There is no Arrow release. Arrow and Shameless are not the same company or even remotely linked to one another.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
It's hardly surprising when the Hut group chooses to ship from the US to beat the closure of the VAT loophole.
Hmmm. So they pay to ship all stock to the US, then ship it back to the UK. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to pay the ****ing VAT?
Old 29th November 2012, 12:31 AM
Active Cultist

It always suprises me when people say they want Suspiria on Arrow or Shameless, theres a good Nouveaux disk available from 2010 that fills that need. Why not restore something worthwhile such as High Crime ?
Old 29th November 2012, 01:24 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
It always suprises me when people say they want Suspiria on Arrow or Shameless, theres a good Nouveaux disk available from 2010 that fills that need. Why not restore something worthwhile such as High Crime ?
Thing is, that Blu from Nouveaux left a lot of people decidedly unimpressed. There's undoubtedly much room for improvement, which is why I think people want to see it tackled again.
Old 29th November 2012, 03:13 AM
Active Cultist

I didnt notice anything wrong with it, it strikes me more that people want to see it repackaged in a yellow or white case. I respect Arrow in that they cater for a wide range of tastes id like to see them release some Eurocrime in the future.
Old 29th November 2012, 05:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
I didnt notice anything wrong with it, it strikes me more that people want to see it repackaged in a yellow or white case. I respect Arrow in that they cater for a wide range of tastes id like to see them release some Eurocrime in the future.
A lot of people had issue with the colouring and contrast. I personally didn't but there are a lot of people who would like to see a new version as they were disappointed with the current UK release as it doesn't seem to be out of coloured box fetishism
Old 29th November 2012, 06:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
A lot of people had issue with the colouring and contrast. I personally didn't but there are a lot of people who would like to see a new version as they were disappointed with the current UK release as it doesn't seem to be out of coloured box fetishism
The contrast didn't bug me, it was the fact that in some scenes, it looked like people had flies crawling all over their face the grain was so bad.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th November 2012, 08:39 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
The contrast didn't bug me, it was the fact that in some scenes, it looked like people had flies crawling all over their face the grain was so bad.
Tbh, if they were to smother it in dnr to remove the grain, i'd just keep my money.
Daemonia, LoBo, PaulD and 2 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!