Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2551Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2015, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

He's talked about two sequels to Cabal a couple of times over the years, but I'm not holding my breath
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th January 2015, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
He's talked about two sequels to Cabal a couple of times over the years, but I'm not holding my breath
Also a third book of the art but also not holding my breath. Look how long it took to write the scarlet gospels. Most authors get a couple of books out a year, with barker we are lucky to get one a decade now!
Old 10th January 2015, 06:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Also a third book of the art but also not holding my breath. Look how long it took to write the scarlet gospels. Most authors get a couple of books out a year, with barker we are lucky to get one a decade now!

Yeah, he seems to focus on his art more these days
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th January 2015, 11:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, he seems to focus on his art more these days
Despite the fact i have hard backs of every one of Barkers full length novels, only half his output i see as must reads.

They are must reads for a reason though.
Old 12th January 2015, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Attachment 153880

Just finished cabal, which was the first first barker book that I read. Not as good as I remember and quite tame compared to a lot of his work, but still a fun read. I just wish barker would get around to writing a sequel there was so much potential for a epic group of sequels, but with barkers output of late I might see it in 15 years. To me it seemed to be setting up for somethng bigger, the novel was almost like a prologue

Next up for reading is Ramsey Campbell the doll that ate it's mother which I have not read before

Attachment 153881
If you like this, I strongly recommend his The Face That Would Not Die as well...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th January 2015, 12:14 PM
Cult Master

image.jpg

Just cleaning out my little bookshelf I have at work to make room for some new additions and found this.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
If you like this, I strongly recommend his The Face That Would Not Die as well...
Thanks will propally pick it up as I'm enjoying the doll that ate his mother, think it's the face that must die.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:11 PM
Cult Addict

Just finished this

Really enjoyed this my second James Herbert book. Not as good as The Dark but still he is well on his way to becoming one of my favourite authors. Anyone read The Jonah? That's next up.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:18 PM
Cult Addict

I'm presently reading a book with the wonderfully New Age title of Spiritual Cleaning. It is a collection of folk magic from around the world. Randomly opening the book, I came across this titbit on how to end a bad relationship: roll an egg on your genitals then break the egg! If the need ever arises, I will report back.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:21 PM
Cult Addict

Do you break the egg on your genitals MTDS? Do you do this in the presence of whoever you are trying to end said bad relationship with??
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!