Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Current and Upcoming Shameless Titles
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2024, 12:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Don't they release anything new?
Old 29th August 2024, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't they release anything new?
No! Do any of these companies anymore? There?s too much re-releasing or restored in 4K going on for my liking.
Old 29th August 2024, 03:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
No! Do any of these companies anymore? There?s too much re-releasing or restored in 4K going on for my liking.
To be fair there are several upcoming new Blu's from 88 Films that i want and some i've already bought that are 'new'.

I'm thinking The Beast in the Cellar, The Body Stealers, Island of Terror, Pumpkinhead II, The Blood Beast Terror, Orgazmo..., same with Radiance and films like Planet of the Vampires, I'Vampiri and A Quiet Place in the Country.

Oh and Indicator's forthcoming Mexican Vampires and Columbia Horror box sets.

Basically it's just Arrow and Shameless with the endless re-releases for me. Both are a complete waste of time.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 29th August 2024, 03:34 PM
Cultist

the only thing thats on the disc is Alternative Italian opening credits + English opening credits ?Love Goddess of the Cannibals? & Alternative Trailers and a legacy shameless trailer and that's all.
Old 29th August 2024, 03:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
the only thing thats on the disc is Alternative Italian opening credits + English opening credits ?Love Goddess of the Cannibals? & Alternative Trailers and a legacy shameless trailer and that's all.
It's a crap film anyway. Got rid of the dvd straight after watching it. Wouldn't give it house space.
Old 29th August 2024, 05:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
they are releasing Papaya, Love Goddess of the Cannibals uncut on september 30th.
Old 30th August 2024, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

I?ve no problem with their Blu Ray upgrades to their Giallo movies - I?ve bought a few of them already. It would be nice to see BDs of FORMULA FOR A MURDER and THE WASHING MACHINE.
Old 5th September 2024, 07:51 AM
Cult Don

Quote:
they are releasing Papaya, Love Goddess of the Cannibals uncut on september 30th.
Full details:

'Papaya: Love Goddess Of The Cannibals' (1978) - Coming to Blu-ray in the UK from shameless screen entertainment

Release date: September 30

"Joe D'Amato's Papaya: Love Goddess of the Cannibals is a quintessential example of the maverick Director's exploitative filmmaking, combining his signature blend of nudity, eroticism, and here, violent cannibalistic horror.

Starring the captivating Sirpa Lane, the muse of Walerian Borowczyk and lead of his erotic art-house sensation "The Beast", sex-siren Lane portrays a journalist seeking a story on a remote Caribbean Island where Western business is destroying sacred land to build a nuclear reactor. While investigating, her allure entangles her with Papaya, a deadly temptress (played by a wild Melissa) who leads the resistance against the destructive interlopers.

Papaya avenges her people by seducing and killing the plant engineers while gratifying her own perverse ecstasy. The mutual sapphic attraction between Sirpa Lane's journalist and the Goddess of the Cannibals ignites a vortex of lust and blood.

D'Amato's audacious vision delivers a Caribbean sex-and-gore fest underpinned with ecological and social commentary. Known for his hands-on approach, D'Amato here also serves as cinematographer capturing the lush island landscape and its, literally, to-die-for goddesses. His shameless vision is accompanied by funky tunes from Award-winning maestro Stelvio Cipriani, and it is finally presented for the first time as intended: in its longest uncut version, now presented on Blu-ray sourced from new 2K-restored original source materials, revealing every detail of sun-kissed glistening sensuality
"

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW 2K RESTORATION OF THE UNCUT VERSION OF THE FILM
  • 'Love Goddess of the Cannibals' and alternative trailers
  • Legacy Shameless trailer
  • Numbered limited edition with o-card, with new exclusive commissioned artworks and original art
  • REGION-FREE

That middle picture is a bit of an oddity isn't it !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Papaya 1.jpg (83.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Papaya 2.jpg (95.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Papaya 3.jpg (95.5 KB, 28 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th September 2024, 02:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's not exactly filled to the gills with extra features, is it?

Was no one available and/or willing to provide a commentary, or is it a case of Shameless not having the money to pay people to contribute supplementary material?

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 5th September 2024 at 08:13 PM.
Old 5th September 2024, 03:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It?s not exactly filled to the gills with extra features, is it?

Was no one available and/or willing to provide a commentary, or is it a case of Shameless not having the money to pay people to contribute supplementary material?
I would love a David McGillivray commentary on it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!