Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2015, 07:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

No, I can not stop playing Star Wars Battlefield The Battle of Jakku map at the moment, addictive.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:16 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I hope it makes a tonne of money just to rub it in to konami, it was disgusting how he was treated.

Anyone played battelfield hardline?

Yeah i played Hardline and enjoyed it which not many people seemed too.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Yeah i played Hardline and enjoyed it which not many people seemed too.
going to download it as its part of ea access and i like the look of it being cops and robbers which is something different from most FPS. also thinking of getting star wars battlefront again but not on ps4 as i don't have plus anymore, thinking of going for the deluxe version as will have early access to hans blaster which is supposed to be the best gun in the game, dont think there is any point in getting the season pass until more stuff is out on it
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:35 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
going to download it as its part of ea access and i like the look of it being cops and robbers which is something different from most FPS. also thinking of getting star wars battlefront again but not on ps4 as i don't have plus anymore, thinking of going for the deluxe version as will have early access to hans blaster which is supposed to be the best gun in the game, dont think there is any point in getting the season pass until more stuff is out on it
I really enjoyed playing as a cop the first few levels are not great but after it gets going its a really good game.
Old 19th December 2015, 12:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Project CARS (PS4)

I hope Nord doesn't mind just thought this was best place for a review.Project CARS_20151219122139.jpg

Project CARS (PS4)
This is the first bona fide racing game Ive bought for the playstation 4 ,the only other racing game that i have played on the PS4 is the downloadable tracks for the excellent game Batman Arkham Knight,those tracks were based on Tim Burtons Batman Returns movie,and they are pretty slick looking race tracks and recreate the scenery and feel of that film.Im know motor sport expert,so apart from telling you the names of the race tracks and what country there in , I can't really say how realistic or how they compare to the real tracks or how they handle .But i can tell you there is a massive variety of different cars on offer here from ,road cars, US muscle, and super-cars, to GT, Le Mans Prototypes pretty much all shapes and sizes are there to try out.Now there is also apparently 60 odd different race tracks as well,now i have only started playing this game so i can't confirm this as im assuming the more you progress in the game the more tracks you are likely to unlock. But even at the start of the games you have access to more than enough tracks to stop you getting bored.And of course there is an online option so you can race against the world and his aunty. As For the handling of the cars at the start it is abit tricky especially if you are out of practise with these type of games like i was.But after a few laps and abit of the old braking before the bend and not when your on the bend (a technique i still need to practice) ,its possible to get the feel of the game very quickly from the start.If i can do it then anyone can,even though i was only beginner level its still pretty challenging .Overall a highly recommended game for boy racers and petrol heads alike,my local Tesco's had this for £26 so I thought it was worth a punt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219121214.jpg (75.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219121723.jpg (89.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122101.jpg (95.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122127.jpg (87.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122206.jpg (94.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122210.jpg (100.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122222.jpg (94.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122304.jpg (90.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122343.jpg (84.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122458.jpg (93.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122540.jpg (84.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122722.jpg (94.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Project CARS_20151219122622.jpg (78.1 KB, 2 views)
MacBlayne and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 19th December 2015, 12:28 PM
Cult Master

[QUOTE=Inspector Abberline;471521]I hope Nord doesn't mind just thought this was best place for a review.Attachment 173239

Not at all any contribution to this thread is great especially reviews like this. I might pick this up at in the sale after xmas its still €50+ here.
Old 19th December 2015, 08:05 PM
Cult Master

I was going to wait until Xmas eve for MGS but i went back tonight and i have to say there is some great music in this game.
Old 27th December 2015, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
Not my usual type of game,I tend to go for more the action adventure of say Uncharted or just the mindless violence of a Wolfenstein game.But good old Tesco had this for £26 so I thought id give it a go.Well to start off you do get some nice animated intro sequence ,I forget what it was about but there was witcher mentioned and it all looked suburb.Then you get the usual sort of intro to the main characters witch then leads to the tutorial which takes through all the fighting techniques and how to parry ,attack and dodge,then you learn how to cast certain spells when in battle.Im not into any of this Lord of the rings type stuff and usually i zone out when anything remotely Hobbitish is even mentioned or comes along.I have just started the game so its still early days,but impressed with graphics and general feel of the game so far.There quite an expansive open world environment to wander around,certainly beat wandering around the expansive open world of Grand Theft Auto,where I normally get bored steal a car and just commit hundreds of drive by killings.Although I suppose this is still possible with a horse and sword. Like most RPG you have to encounter certain people to get information,depending on what you choose to ask them from the menu. So far its all pretty straight forward RPG stuff,Since ive only just started my quest to Mordor or whether the f**k im going too,I can't comment on the gameplay as such as still early doors but the environment and landscapes are mighty impressive and with the game makers boasting that there is about 100 hours of gameplay plus any downloads on offer ,so this should keep all you nerds dry humping an Orc for quite awhile. As for me im gonna ride around endlessly giving the peasants and local wizards a good ride by stabbing with me trusty chopper.

screenshots aren't mine.

out of 5 for graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg everest.jpg (22.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-2.jpg (103.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg thewitcher3ps41jpg-7c5504.jpg (61.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2457637-the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_geralt_vs_fiend.jpg (95.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Gameplay-Trailer-1280x720.jpg (102.3 KB, 1 views)

Old 28th December 2015, 10:16 AM
Cult Master

Great review The Witcher feels like it will never end there is so much to do. I got it at launch and I still have not finished it I had to set it aside for awhile to get some other games in but I plan on getting back in the saddle in the new year.
Old 28th December 2015, 10:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Great review The Witcher feels like it will never end there is so much to do. I got it at launch and I still have not finished it I had to set it aside for awhile to get some other games in but I plan on getting back in the saddle in the new year.
I downloading a mighty big patch the other day for Witcher,apparently it had a few frame rate problems? I hadn't played it properly before the patch so am none the wiser.

Like this? Share it using the links below!