All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2010, 02:03 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
It's very expensive that GT5 Top Set, would have to see all the contents of it with my own eyes, if I was interested in it. I'd ask the guy's at Game to show me it all. The cars in this game look fantastic, very realistic, going by what I've seen of it anyway. I like the sound of that Wii Marketplace, must be some classics on there worth playing. New Zelda game due out on Wii shortly, theres barely been a bad instalment in that series. Yeah, those movie and game figures by Todd Macfarlane are cool, the attention to detail on them fascinate me. Alway's love a good look around Forbidden Planet. Game are pretty reliable really, aren't they? Haven't been let down by them yet. I don't bother to sell my games anymore, cos you don't get anything for them. May trade one day though. Not sure if I'll bother with the headset, It'a not worth £35. Next game that I will probably go for next, is Fallout: New Vegas. Loved Fallout 3, and this one looks like more of the same. With that Halo model, I had to attach the weapons myself. had to very careful doing it, cos they were pretty delicate things. Nice little prop though, Like I said earlier, I 'm a big kid really mate....
I very rarely play the Wii, its more for the family, but I like House of the Dead.
I find GameStop to be best for my gaming needs as the staff are all gamers and are quite knowledgeable . If a games crap they'll tell you.
I only usually trade games I upgrade yearly like SVR or Madden etc as once you get the latest version the old one will never be touched again , or games i'll never revisit when finished . True you dont get much store credit for them but iI wouldn't ever be playing them again so its more to get rid of them than the credit to be honest.

That figure sounds awesome. I saw it in store and it looked very desirable .
Old 9th October 2010, 11:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I very rarely play the Wii, its more for the family, but I like House of the Dead.
I find GameStop to be best for my gaming needs as the staff are all gamers and are quite knowledgeable . If a games crap they'll tell you.
I only usually trade games I upgrade yearly like SVR or Madden etc as once you get the latest version the old one will never be touched again , or games i'll never revisit when finished . True you dont get much store credit for them but iI wouldn't ever be playing them again so its more to get rid of them than the credit to be honest.

That figure sounds awesome. I saw it in store and it looked very desirable .
Hi, I've got two Madden games for the original Xbox console at home, but I don't know how to play them. I'm a total Madden novice, I can just about get my head around the Fifa games to be honest. Have you played "The Thing" Vipco? Based on the John Carpenter film. There's a copy of this at home somewhere, but never actually played this either. I bought it from Cash Convertors for £1 ages ago now. Any good? I remember a "Thing" fan telling me that it wasn't great, but, you may think differently on it. Yeah, the guys working at the video game stores are pretty honest about the games, on the whole. Which is nice. It's only fair, as we spend a lot of money in them. I have two copies of Oblivion, and two copies of Street Fighter 4. But I may as well just keep them, cos I was told I would be lucky to get £4 for the both. Yes it's true, If I were to buy Fifa 11, then I wouldn't play Fifa 10 again. I know what your saying there. Mausoleum was naff, wasn't it? I was a young kid when I last saw it. Seeing it with fresh eyes today, tells me that it's not as good as I remember it being. It had some nice "old school" physical effects work in the film though. WRC sounds good, will try it out one of these days.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

not into racing games, for me it's more the FPS games and games like GTA.
Recently completed The Saboteur on 360, very good game and am currently slogging my way through Red Dead Redemption which is epic in it's story mode, i can't have far to go on that now so hoping i can finish it tomorrow. When Thats done i might play through Tomb Raider Underworld again or try my hand at Brutal Legend...
Old 10th October 2010, 11:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Theres some cracking FPS and 3rd person style games due out this year games Pedro , and next year see's Saints Row 3, True Crime Hong Kong and an unnamed 3rd person shooter / driving game from Sony (The Getaway.?) plus a host of AAA FPS as well.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

looking forward to saints Row 3, enjoyed the first and second Immensely. True Crime Hong Kong, dunno about this one, LA and New York were a bit of a let down, looking forward to the new Medal of Honor and may give Black Ops a try.

Hoping a new Tomb Raider game comes out, i know there is that new one on XBOX live, but that's not proper Tomb Raider.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:22 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I never played The Thing Mahoney but I heard from a gaming point its quite good.

Madden, I love that game. I usually upgrade each year but Madden 11 is too 'new user' friendly imo as the cpu picks your plays for you and at times is'nt the smartest. I'll probably get it at Christmas from some family member though.

Trade in games is a big money racket mate, even ARGOS do it now , but the big money goes to the shops as the makers get nothing, we get a naff price for our games and then they're sold on at up to 3 times the price.
The big games companies are trying to fight back by making DLC for first time owners free , any second owners dont get it unless they pay, Mafia 2 was an example of this , plus they're thinking of charging 2nd or 3rd time game owners online fees.
A certain publisher of a AAA war FPS game with massive online features was ready to do this but then 'chickened out' after internet flack.
It just take's one company to start charging though to kick it off.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I never played The Thing Mahoney but I heard from a gaming point its quite good.

Madden, I love that game. I usually upgrade each year but Madden 11 is too 'new user' friendly imo as the cpu picks your plays for you and at times is'nt the smartest. I'll probably get it at Christmas from some family member though.

Trade in games is a big money racket mate, even ARGOS do it now , but the big money goes to the shops as the makers get nothing, we get a naff price for our games and then they're sold on at up to 3 times the price.
The big games companies are trying to fight back by making DLC for first time owners free , any second owners dont get it unless they pay, Mafia 2 was an example of this , plus they're thinking of charging 2nd or 3rd time game owners online fees.
A certain publisher of a AAA war FPS game with massive online features was ready to do this but then 'chickened out' after internet flack.
It just take's one company to start charging though to kick it off.
Don't like the sound of all that Vipco, then again, I haven't bought a pre-owned game for a long time now. In fact, I've only bought two pre-owned games for the 360 so far. Those were Rockstar Table Tennis, and Clive Barkers Jericho. It will be £100 a game before long, it's becoming a joke to be honest. I'm getting tired of being ripped off from all sides...
I think I own Madden 04 & 06 on the Xbox. I wish I could play them. Might give them another try soon. Gears Of War 3 is due out after Christmas. Really looking forward to that. I wonder where the Locust Queen has been hiding then? And we should get to meet Marcus Fenix's Father this time too. The first two games were extremely entertaining, two of my favourite games on the 360 to date. Fallout: New Vegas is on the way shortly as well...
I'm hooked on the song "Compass: Red Dead on Arrival" from the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack at the moment. The toughest part of the game for me, was unlocking the Reyes Rebels outfit, by beating all Mexican opponents at a game of five finger fillet. Truly frustrating, did it in the end though. Must of lost two stone in sweat trying to win that. So, where do you reckon the next GTA will be set then? There's a good chance that it will be set in Vice City. Just a guess. Will miss Niko Bellic though...

Last edited by Mahoney32; 10th October 2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10th October 2010, 04:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Got Bayonneta to fill a gap before Gt5. Not sure if I like it yet. The story so far is confusing but I will give it a good go this week as my shifts change because of the school holidays, which will give me more time to play
Old 10th October 2010, 05:06 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Pro Evo 2011 - a lot harder than 2010
Old 10th October 2010, 05:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Got Bayonneta to fill a gap before Gt5. Not sure if I like it yet. The story so far is confusing but I will give it a good go this week as my shifts change because of the school holidays, which will give me more time to play
I've heard some good things about Bayonetta, although I haven't played it myself. Castlevania: Lord of Shadows looks similar to this too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!