Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151796Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hi
antmumford been having a few probs with the car over past few days..Was going to go out of town today, with the misses to where i got them films.. bit to far for bus and walk, but had a few probs with the car today .. well misses did i cant drive, struggling to get it going, going have to take it garage mond... well tue then since its bank hol, so couldnt go down and get you them films... i do apologise... she wasnt very happy because its her lively hood now because she just started a her new job 2wk ago as a driving instructor.. so as u can guess my misses is walking around growling like a bear with a sore head, she aint none to pleased....so i do apologise mate.....
Old 4th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Cultist

Just finished watching Mattei's ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD, this was typically old school Mattei, obviously recorded on digital and somewhat giving it that tv look, budget problems aside i must admit to quite enjoying this despite all its flaws (bad acting, dodgy dubbing etc). The story basically centres round a group of people who are shipwrecked on an island, here on things start to happen, we have as well as the undead, vampires who like to drain their victims before eating them, the gore cheesy at times as it is still has a number of effective scenes and the zombies don't look too bad, better than a lot of the undead in recent flicks. The sequel ZOMBIES; THE BEGINNING, basicall takes off from the end of the first, the survivor goes back to the island with a military group to look for survivors, however its not long before the shit hits the fan and we are treated to the usual zombie gore and a few twists and turns along the way, anyone who has watched and enjoyed past Mattei films should check out these as they are enjoyable in a bad but good senario
Old 4th April 2010, 05:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

House of the devil. Loved the movie itself but some of the scenes were made to look extra grainy and it really started getting annoying. Like we get it, it's a homage to retro horror. So PQ doesn't really get the tru BR benefit. Sound was great though.

The Damned United. Fantastic movie, one of the best footie flicks without it being too much footie(the missus enjoyed it). PQ was excellent, a lot of extras too.
Old 4th April 2010, 05:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
The Grindhouse Releasing version of The Beyond arrived, and with apologies to Loops, it is noticeably better quality than the AWE release - sharper, lighter and with better colour saturation. It was also about £4 cheaper!

The AWE is still a superb version, it's just that the Grindhouse is exceptional!

Not sure I want to keep the AWE one now!
The Grindhouse is the one I got, it's a great disc!
Old 4th April 2010, 08:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
The Grindhouse is the one I got, it's a great disc!

ditto

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th April 2010, 10:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Hi
antmumford been having a few probs with the car over past few days..Was going to go out of town today, with the misses to where i got them films.. bit to far for bus and walk, but had a few probs with the car today .. well misses did i cant drive, struggling to get it going, going have to take it garage mond... well tue then since its bank hol, so couldnt go down and get you them films... i do apologise... she wasnt very happy because its her lively hood now because she just started a her new job 2wk ago as a driving instructor.. so as u can guess my misses is walking around growling like a bear with a sore head, she aint none to pleased....so i do apologise mate.....
No worries mate, thanks for remembering though

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th April 2010, 02:23 PM
Active Cultist

Just Bought from HMV.

The House of the Devil (Blu Ray)
Last House on Dead End Street (Tartan)
The Unborn (New Roger Corman Collection)
Santa Sangre 2 disc Spec Ed. (Anchor Bay)

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 6th April 2010, 09:33 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

WHat a bumper haul this morning!!!

A parcel from Gag containing:

Alligator
Swamp Thing
My Little Eye

and one from Kultvideo containing:

Il Profumo Della Signora In Nero (loved it so much I had to have my own copy!)
Reazione A Catena (I know there's not much different in the Italian cut, but this is Bava on Raro! I had to have it! )
La Lupa Mannara
Die Bestie Mit Dem Feurigen Atem (I finally have a copy!!! I just keep staring at its hard boxed loveliness! )

Old 6th April 2010, 11:45 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
WHat a bumper haul this morning!!!

A parcel from Gag containing:

Alligator
Swamp Thing
My Little Eye

and one from Kultvideo containing:

Il Profumo Della Signora In Nero (loved it so much I had to have my own copy!)
Reazione A Catena (I know there's not much different in the Italian cut, but this is Bava on Raro! I had to have it! )
La Lupa Mannara
Die Bestie Mit Dem Feurigen Atem (I finally have a copy!!! I just keep staring at its hard boxed loveliness! )

Great stuff Goji.

I was the same with Reazione A Catena, I had to have it on Raro too! I've actually got three different copies of it, although I'm currently trying to limit my 'multiple-dipping' as much as I can.

Glad you finally managed to get a copy of Iguana. A fun little gialli it is too.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yesterday I grabbed:

Day of the Dead (Blu)
House of the Devil (Blu)

Like this? Share it using the links below!