Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151775Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'd be up for upgrading my Poltergeist if it had some decent extras, unlike the current release. Got the soundtrack vinyl through the other day, lovely stuff.

The new TCM is terrible but fun, I'll defo watch it again for a laugh, probly buy it when it's cheap. It has to be seen to be believed. Some classic camp dialogue and one-liners!
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Invasion of the Body Snatchers has already been confirmed by one of those art cards, added to Deranged and Squirm. Two more to go.
It started at 7. Deranged and Squirm make it 5. Sisters and Body Snatchers make it 3.

3 unannounced titles left. I've got money on Lifeforce, and possibly Swamp Thing, or another MGM title. Good thing about Swamp thing if Arrow got it, is I'm pretty sure they would get access to the international cut.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I believe it also has the R-Rated version, but doesn't include the commentaries.
Seem's not. I was tempted by it, Kock media usualy do a top notch job, but my Criterion edition will do me for now. Might get the mediabook if I see it going cheap.

DVD and BD collection
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
What's different with that Poltergeist Blu from the one already available? I'd be up for upgrading if it had some decent extras, unlike the current release. Got the soundtrack vinyl through the other day, lovely stuff.
Apart from containing a UV copy, I've no idea, I'm hoping it contains more extras than the edition available.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I believe it also has the R-Rated version, but doesn't include the commentaries.
Thank you, Stephen. So no then - packaging and region B friendliness aside?

I bought the Criterion nice and cheap a year and a half ago while on holiday in the US and am quite happy with it, but noticed a lot of people purchasing the mediabook when it came out.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm hoping it's Lifeforce tbh
Invid Ninja likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd March 2013, 12:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm pretty sure it was 10 postcards in total, 7 unannounced and 3 already announced / confirmed. With it being 5-5 now with Invasion Of The Body Snatchers and Sisters having been found.

Edit: Not quite sure how to link a specific Facebook post, but here we go anyway: Clicky.

I assume I'm reading it right and that Squirm and Deranged possibly aren't postcards, as Arrow tweeted "1 down 6 to go!" yesterday when someone posted a scan of the Invasion card. Unless Arrow aren't aware we know about Squirm and Deranged, which I guess is a possibility for Arrow in its current state. But you'd kind of assume we know since they posted a picture with them on, and loads of people have been mentioning them.
Old 22nd March 2013, 01:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
My latest purchase: Serial Mom DVD. £2.99 from local record store.

I love this film - owned it once, but got rid after watching it so many times. I think it was Mr Kermode's constant references to it as the one truly successful serial killer comedy that made me itch to see it again. And it really does have the right balance of scathing black comedy, violence and apple pie Americana.
I hold some really fond memories of 'Serial Mom', Kathleen Turner's performance is amazing , like a deranged Stepford Wife.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Won the competition on Second Sight's facebook page for four of their releases of your choice, so that's the Scanners trilogy coming my way.
Rik, sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Won the competition on Second Sight's facebook page for four of their releases of your choice, so that's the Scanners trilogy coming my way.
I saw that the other day and forgot all about it
Well done!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!