Like Tree3039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2021, 05:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Always love to see you draw in the end of the year, you have some nice movies there. looking forward for that reviews
Thank you very much. That was lovely to read.
Graveyard likes this.
Old 2nd December 2021, 05:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Christmas Chronicles: Part 2. 2020.

While on holiday with Teddy, her mum, her new boyfriend and son, Kate is deciding to leave, along with Jack they are whisked away to the North Pole by a rogue elf who is human and plans to stop Christmas altogether.

Kurt Russell dons the Santa outfit again and finds out ways to stop troublemaker elf Belsnickel hijacking Christmas with Kate played by Darby Camp and Jack played by Jahzir Bruno who do decent roles as the small leads. Goldie Hawn returns as Mrs Claus and has more screen time in this than the previous film. This was enjoyable enough for a sequel but doesn't seem to have the same amount of laughs as the first one did.

6sG0kbEvAi3RRLcGGU5h8l3qAPa.jpg
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Christmas Carol. 1951.

Greatest version of Dickens story with Alistair Sim giving out a great performance as Ebenezer Scrooge and Mervyn Johns as Bob Cratchit. Seeing this version years ago and Marley played by Michael Horden appearing was enough to scare a child but Horden's performance is brilliant.

The cinematography is excellent even in black and white after all these years it can put some modern day films to shame, and being creative with it's visual effects that the studio spent time and money knowing that it would be a masterpiece. From start to finish Sim's made it believable that he was a grouchy old man then to his change to be kind hearted and even trying to do a head stand on a chair in front of is housekeeper has always brought a laugh.

Sadly this was another classic that was re-released into colour and ruined the atmosphere shame on those who done that.

MV5BMTU0MDg4NzY2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA2NDgyMTE@._V1_.jpg
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Elves. 1989.

A woman finds out she is a product of a German experiment involving super breeding and elves, she is trapped in a mall with her friend, a elf who wants her and Santa.

Dan Haggerty stars as the savior of this but even he couldn't save this film, it's completely bonkers, Julie Austin stars as Kirsten who seems to have a pervy, foul mouth little brother and discovers her family's secret. Even though the title says "Elves" there is only one and that looks totally messed up. For a laugh this is it, for a horror, this is one not even to be taken seriously.

Elves-claus-noel-jeffrey-mandel-1989-poster.jpg
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Elves. 1989.

A woman finds out she is a product of a German experiment involving super breeding and elves, she is trapped in a mall with her friend, a elf who wants her and Santa.

Dan Haggerty stars as the savior of this but even he couldn't save this film, it's completely bonkers, Julie Austin stars as Kirsten who seems to have a pervy, foul mouth little brother and discovers her family's secret. Even though the title says "Elves" there is only one and that looks totally messed up. For a laugh this is it, for a horror, this is one not even to be taken seriously.

Attachment 237911
Bloomin' Germans! They are great at sending out jigsaws but clearly seriously lacking in their elf experimentation.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:07 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Way too early for Sim for me. It's one i like to watch when i've at least got the tree up.
It's the actual Christmas Eve version for me, although it is a toss up between that and the George C Scott one.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd December 2021, 10:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The GHOST STORIES for Christmas box is out again!

STALLS OF BARCHESTER
A WARNING TO THE CURIOUS
THE SIGNALMAN

so far.

Classics and endlessly watchable.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd December 2021, 06:52 PM
Cult Addict

Santa's Slay

ain't the best christmas horror I plan to watch this month, but nevertheless a great hoot.
Old 3rd December 2021, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Night Bloody Night. 1972.

A man inherits a run down mansion and starts to look into it's past and uncovers a secret hidden by the towns folk.

This is one of those small independent movies that disappeared then came back again to remind us that it was made. Set between the past which is in black and white flashbacks that gives the atmospheric mood and present. The acting isn't that bad, some nice gore to help it along the way. The plot does go on and off the rails a few times but does make up for it with the ending.

p38804_v_v7_ab.jpg
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dorm That Dripped Blood.1982.

Four college kids spend their Christmas time cleaning up a dormitory that is due to be demolished, only for them to stalked by a maniac.

Here we go with another crazed killer attacking some teens one being Daphne Zuniga in her first feature film and then we get the plot twist to the end Okay they are college kids but seem to be dim witted or are they just in a state of shock? With this being on the video nastie list we can see why, the kills were done decently but the acting wasn't the greatest, a re-watch will happen again.

The_Dorm_That_Dripped_Blood_FilmPoster.jpeg

Like this? Share it using the links below!