All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180649Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2011, 11:03 PM
Ex-member

[QUOTE=sawyer6;203650]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Watch Messrine Part 1 - Killer Instinct last night. Can't wait to watch Part 2 tonight.

Part 2 is even better!
I have the MESRINE 1/2 blu ray, excellent fact based thriller
Cassell is brilliant and worthy of his French best actor award
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 14th December 2011, 11:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Watched House On The Haunted Hill remake,well it was so so and the ending a bit off, but it was better than The Haunting remake imo
Old 15th December 2011, 12:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

[QUOTE=sawyer6;203650]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Watch Messrine Part 1 - Killer Instinct last night. Can't wait to watch Part 2 tonight.

Part 2 is even better!
Is this the one that has been shown recently on a sky channel mesrine public enemy no 1in two parts ?
Old 15th December 2011, 08:00 AM
Cult Addict

Kill list came into work last night, but the rent-codes all wrong so I couldent take it home to watch it

Decided to watch children shouldent play with dead things, it always cheers me up!
Old 15th December 2011, 09:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Great Expectations (C4 yesterday). every time i watch this i spot something else...surely Alec Guiness was a New Romantic forebearer?

recommended highly!

would have watched something else, but since the neighbours have fd off again, spent most of night playing my Umberto lp! ahem.

tonight il buckle down and watch 5 Pattern Dragon Claw...which turns out to anamorphic print! michty!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th December 2011, 11:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
(one thing always bugged me about the whole idea, if it can change into anything why not morph into something that can fly, get to civilization in no time)
It can't change into just anything, it has to absorb what it changes into. So unless there were birds or something on hand to absorb, it would be impossible to do so. Geek time is now over.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Last night:

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2009) - wonderful. Beautifully paced throughout it's hefty length, wonderfully acted (especially Michael Nyquist), excellent story. Very Noir.

Devil (2010) - mediocre rather than bad, but not much of a film. The best thing about it is that it was short...but it was not short enough; it might have made an OK half hour Twilight Zone kind of thing, but was too fluffy and thin for a feature. The lead was not good enough to carry his part either. Not recommended.
I had exactly the same double bill last night, largely because Devil is short.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is excellent and as you say very well paced in fact you never realise it runs for two and a half hours.

The plot is all over the place for the first hour with two stories running side by side but it all comes together when Lisbeth meets Mikael and interlinks perfectly. The film is pretty grim in places especially the rape scenes, yet it also has scenes of poignant tenderness which balances the film perfectly.

The second film The Girl who played with Fire looks equally brilliant from the trailer and promo material on the dvd. Hope this is in the sales soon.

Highly Recommended.

I really quite enjoyed Devil as well. Maybe because it was a fairly straightforward, simply plotted film which helped after watching Dragon Tattoo. It wasn't over complicated and helped the evening / morning wind down.

Unlike Gojirosan, i though it was decently acted from all which is just as well as there were only nine central characters carrying the film and some of them never got past the half way mark. Thank you casting director for not populating the lift with high school muppets.

The plot was interesting enough for me to want to know how the movie ended. I would recommend this film if you want a simple yet effective horror / thriller that you can just sit back and let unfold rather than have your brain working overtime.
nekromantik likes this.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Unlike Gojirosan, i though it was decently acted from all which is just as well as there were only nine central characters carrying the film and some of them never got past the half way mark. Thank you casting director for not populating the lift with high school muppets.
Ah yes - the acting of the folks in the lift was fine and the two security guards were great, my only problem was with the lead cop dude, who I never bought as going through an emotional hayride. Unfortunately I think a lot of the film was rested on his shoulders to ill effect.

Should have been clearer in my other post.
Old 15th December 2011, 09:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Silent Partner (1978)

The Silent Partner (1978)
Great crime caper movie with Elliot Gould and a really slimey Christopher Plummer,as the baddie,bbc showed this alot in the 80s,got the region one disc which has an awful Reservoir Dogs type cover yuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Silent Partner.jpg (23.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg The Silent Partner 2.jpg (93.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg silent_partner3.jpg (87.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 15th December 2011, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I love Dragon Tattoo.
The extended version fleshes out more of the story but I know know exactly how much is still not shown as I not read the books.

I still need to see the sequels extended but the theatrical versions were very good.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!