Like Tree180731Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2012, 01:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
'Blade Runner' is one of those films that I have tried to like, but failed

I saw the 'original' version the first time it was on television, and it bored me senseless. It seems that everyone I knew was telling me that it was a good film, so when the 'directors cut' was released, I decided to give it another go, but this time on the big screen at the cinema. Again, I was bored to tears, but people still told me it was the greatest film ever made, so I put my reaction down to "not being in the proper mood"

When the DVD box set was released, I got a copy of it, and watched all five versions of the film, but nothing happened to change my opinion of the movie

Visually, it is incredibly impressive, but the story and execution leave me cold

Oh - I know that I am alone in my thoughts about this film, because enough people have said it is a masterpiece, and the greatest movie ever made!
Im slightly with you on this i tried 2 3 times to watch this and could not anyway shape form get into it but saying that .that was years ago i suppose i could try again ..
Old 17th February 2012, 08:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Cornish rednecks and Cockney psycho's

Cornish rednecks and Cockney psycho's.
No not a night out in Bristol,but my viewing double bill for tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frenzy (1972).jpg (98.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Frenzy (3).jpg (54.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Frenzy (34).jpg (35.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Straw Dogs - 1971.jpg (96.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Straw Dogs - 1971 (12).jpg (38.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Straw Dogs - 1971 (54).jpg (45.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th February 2012, 08:28 PM
Active Cultist

I've seen over 50 movies so far in 2012 and I've just seen the best - Fish Story. Words fail me, but if you take my advice on one thing, make it this - see Fish Story, as original and intricate a story as you'll ever see with added comedy, horror pastiche, kung fu, killer music, pathos, satire and end of the world tension. Genius plain and simple, thank God for Third Window Films.
Old 17th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Romance and Cigarettes" a musical comedy about infidelity and lung cancer! Fantastic cast: James Gandfolfini, Christopher Walken, Susan Saradon and Kate Winslet all acting and singing their socks off. Perhaps too quirky for it's own good at times and fairly disjointed at others, but over all worth a look if you see it dirt cheap or on the telly.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 17th February 2012, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finally got around to watching the Shameless disc of HOTEOTP last night, I must say they've done a fine job, the cuts are hardly noticeable.
Seeing as my gig tonight got cancelled I decided to give my Day of the dead BD a spin, I don't think the film could look any better, especially the gore scenes and Bub's make up
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th February 2012, 10:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched 2entertain's Horror Express....lawdy this Severin one cant hurry up enough, still a great wee chiller though.

Mega Monster Ultra Battle Galaxy (?) excuse if title slightly wrong, as im in a bit of a hurry today, if you like blokes in rubber suits kicking the crap outa each other, this is recommended.
if on the other hand you prefer measured plot, symbolistic dialogue, unusual camera angles etc....what are you doing on this site?? seriously though, a HOOT, even if younger mate seemed "bored"...but then Drive "bored" him, you cant help some people it seems.....
wongfeihung62 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th February 2012, 12:04 PM
Ex-member

THE BANK JOB, a very entertaining Brit heist thriller
saw GHOST RIDER on tv last night, corny fun
Old 18th February 2012, 02:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
"Romance and Cigarettes" a musical comedy about infidelity and lung cancer! Fantastic cast: James Gandfolfini, Christopher Walken, Susan Saradon and Kate Winslet all acting and singing their socks off. Perhaps too quirky for it's own good at times and fairly disjointed at others, but over all worth a look if you see it dirt cheap or on the telly.
I picked up an original one sheet for this when it was first released, then saw the film on dvd and loved it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg romance-and-cigarettes.jpg (66.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 18th February 2012, 02:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Ah, but which version?
The Final cut Stephen. I really liked it, although if there is a better version to watch I'm all ears

Watched Mr Majestyk.... I am usually a fan of most things Bronson; but I found this a tad boring

Like this? Share it using the links below!