Old 8th May 2013, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The Sleepaway Camp films are awful.
They aren't classic slashes like Black Christmas, Halloween or Friday the 13th but, like Kyle said, they are great fun!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict

They are indeed. Love them all.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 8th May 2013, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Good grief man how do you text like that!
Ah've a friend from Derbyshire who lives down 'ere on t' south coo-ast. 'E sez Ah'm only one 'e knows 'oo c'n text in t' dialect.

ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 8th May 2013, 10:46 PM
Cult Addict

DVD and BD collection
Old 8th May 2013, 10:51 PM
Cult Addict

MANIAC.

Excellent remake. Lacks the scuzzy look of the origional and comes across as somewhat 'cleaner' than lustigs grimy origional this is still a nasty piece of work and definately made by fans of the origional. (Theres at least one big tribute to maniac in switchblade romance) It also has an excellent score thats basically what a sleazy 80's slasher flick would have. Also great to see elija wood breaking away from Frodo baggins far more successfully than with green street. Still had this been made in the 80's i'm sure the italians would have billed it as The hobbit 2

Texas chainsaw 3d.

A poor movie but not as bad as some have made out. Its probably on par with jeff burrs part 3 and the remake and its certainly better than part 4. Still like part 2 and the beginning more though. Lets face it though non of them can touch the origional.
This one tries, incorporating footage from the origional and blending in to new footage to open the movie almost immediately after the first film. The film then jumps ahead a few years. I think its present day but theres no caption to say how long has passed. This is the major problem with the 3D film, its very sloppy and poorly constructed. That said, when it hits home video sit and watch it with incredibly lowered expectations and you might get some stupid fun out of the film.
Old 8th May 2013, 10:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Texas chainsaw 3d.

A poor movie but not as bad as some have made out. Its probably on par with jeff burrs part 3 and the remake and its certainly better than part 4. Still like part 2 and the beginning more though. Lets face it though non of them can touch the origional.
This one tries, incorporating footage from the origional and blending in to new footage to open the movie almost immediately after the first film. The film then jumps ahead a few years. I think its present day but theres no caption to say how long has passed. This is the major problem with the 3D film, its very sloppy and poorly constructed. That said, when it hits home video sit and watch it with incredibly lowered expectations and you might get some stupid fun out of the film.
It kinda has to be since there are iPhones about which presents a massive problem considering the age of the protagonist as she'd have to be in her mid-thirties.I honestly thought it was an abysmal film and really regretted the time spent watching it.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
It kinda has to be since there are iPhones about which presents a massive problem considering the age of the protagonist as she'd have to be in her mid-thirties.I honestly thought it was an abysmal film and really regretted the time spent watching it.
I'm going to assume you've not seen Texas chainsaw 4. If not avoid it like the plague. It makes 3d look like a classic. I Agree that 3D was a poor quality film, but having sat through some real stinkers with the name texas chainsaw on the title this one was far from the worst.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm going to assume you've not seen Texas chainsaw 4. If not avoid it like the plague. It makes 3d look like a classic. I Agree that 3D was a poor quality film, but having sat through some real stinkers with the name texas chainsaw on the title this one was far from the worst.
I much prefer TCM4: The Next Generation. Perhaps it's nostalgia or something but I genuinely do. As far as long-in-the-tooth sequels go it doesn't feel as cynical as TCM 3D did.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I much prefer TCM4: The Next Generation. Perhaps it's nostalgia or something but I genuinely do. As far as long-in-the-tooth sequels go it doesn't feel as cynical as TCM 3D did.
To give it its dues the directors cut of TCM4 was better, but the whole film is still a mess. I found 3d as afilm easier to sit through and more logical. I kind of wish studios would stop flogging the dead horse with this franchise and leave well enough alone.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Planet Terror, The Creature from Black Lake

Planet Terror is one of those films that comes along all too rarely, a true cult movie made for a cult audience. As such it may be a "little too knowing." I loved the deliberate deterioration of the film, the scrapes, the colour washes and the burn-outs that heralded set pieces. Great "over the top" characters, beautiful women in strong roles and a ridiculously mad plot. 10/10 for sheer exuberance and style.

The Creature from Black Lake is a completely different kettle of fish. The one dimensional characters and "hookey" sasquatch were pathetic. Loved it! 5/10 for corn.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!