LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Oh right. I've not seen it, and know very little about it, apart from knowing Cumberbatch plays Khan, and folk are upset about some chick getting her kit off . . .
That scene with Alice Eve is completely gratuitous and out of place in the film. She looks great though!
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Die Hard 5. Great opening bit, rest turgid and reminiscent of Team America imo.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. Michty. More enjoyable (up to a point) than the other box of fireworks (see above) but not something I'l watch again......

The Dead One (1961). nice print, shame about the film, insipid melodrama not my idea of "horror" cough.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Spoilers?
Yeah, I know! A lot of people are infuriated at IMDB for that, but what can they do? Don't read the IMDB before the film then!

I'm no big Trekkie as I say, and had no idea that WAS a big reveal, but apparently it is and people have been doing their best to remain tight lipped about it on the webs.. so I was merely suggesting the use of spoiler tags.
Old 3rd June 2013, 05:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Die Hard 5. Great opening bit, rest turgid and reminiscent of Team America imo.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. Michty. More enjoyable (up to a point) than the other box of fireworks (see above) but not something I'l watch again......

The Dead One (1961). nice print, shame about the film, insipid melodrama not my idea of "horror" cough.
I watched "The Dead One" a couple of weeks ago. I was in tear of laughter at parts. The acting was worse than a primary school nativity when your own child isn't in it!
Demoncrat likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Yeah, I know! A lot of people are infuriated at IMDB for that, but what can they do? Don't read the IMDB before the film then!

I'm no big Trekkie as I say, and had no idea that WAS a big reveal, but apparently it is and people have been doing their best to remain tight lipped about it on the webs.. so I was merely suggesting the use of spoiler tags.
I can understand why people are angry at IMDB for basically listing a plot spoiler, but that's the role in the end credits of the film.

As for spoiler tags, that's why I went back and edited the posts containing the more 'noticeable' spoiler.
troggi likes this.
Old 3rd June 2013, 08:43 PM
Active Cultist

Salute of the Jugger - cracking post-nuke 80's romp about Rutger Hauer and his band of rugby gladiators fighting in violent sports across a bleak landscape and then an underground city. The optimum DVD is a crap 4:3 VHS scan by the look of it, but it doesn't stop the movie being awesome.

Young Guns. Recorded this 80's classic from the TV (five USA) as I hadn't seen it for years and it's always been a fave. However, unless my memory is shot - I'm pretty sure there was a ton of cuts to the blood shedding. A bit odd, cos it was on after 9pm.
Nordicdusk and troggi like this.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Salute of the Jugger - cracking post-nuke 80's romp about Rutger Hauer and his band of rugby gladiators fighting in violent sports across a bleak landscape and then an underground city. The optimum DVD is a crap 4:3 VHS scan by the look of it, but it doesn't stop the movie being awesome.

Young Guns. Recorded this 80's classic from the TV (five USA) as I hadn't seen it for years and it's always been a fave. However, unless my memory is shot - I'm pretty sure there was a ton of cuts to the blood shedding. A bit odd, cos it was on after 9pm.
I haven't seen "Salute of the Jugger" since VHS. I loved it.

Monster Magnet
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I haven't seen "Salute of the Jugger" since VHS. I loved it.

Im in the same boat i loved that film when i was younger.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post

The dvd is rated 18.

Channel 5 are a bit notorious for their cutting.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched Stitches. Surprisingly amusing!

Ross Noble plays a killer clown who returns from the grave to reap revenge on the (now) teenagers who were responsible for his death as young kids. Technically it's a rather generic UK slasher, but with a few things going for it: Ross Noble is watchable, it's quite witty at times, and the kill scenes are pretty inventive and splatty.

A worthwhile watch.

Like this? Share it using the links below!