Like Tree181800Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2013, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I started buying LEGO sets for my two year old. I think I like them more than him. That normal??
Oh yes, unfortunately my boys are 9 and 5, so they don't need much help from me anymore.....and they never let me play either
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th July 2013, 10:17 PM
Cult Addict

My missus has pointed out that 2 is a bit young to really appreciate the more advanced lego sets and that maybe I should wait a few years. But then I look at the fancy sets and yearn to put those sexy little bricks together...
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:20 PM
Cult Addict

I mean c'mon!!!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000...r=1-33&pi=SL75
troggi likes this.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I watched The Lords Of Salem for the second time last night. I quite liked it the first time but thought it was even better after a repeat viewing. The film contains some genuinely disturbing imagery and although the plot is pretty thin, the characterisation makes up for it. I suppose overall it's a slight film, but it's a great way to spend 90 minutes, certainly Rob Zombie's best film.

I also watched The Panic In Needle Park, which is apparently the film that got Pacino both The Godfather and Dog Day Afternoon gigs. It's easy to see why, I've watched this film countless times and it's my favourite performance of his by far. It also helps that Kitty Winn counter-acts his sometimes manic performance. She's quietly assured throughout, actually some of the films best moments are from her. It really is a great film and deserves a wider audience. Some scenes are just heartbreaking, one in particular has stayed with me since I first watched the film, some twenty years ago.
Old 18th July 2013, 10:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Can't decide which one of these to watch

When a stranger calls

Happy birthday to me

What do people recommend

Couldn't make up my mind so went with the classic dawn of the dead.
When A Stranger Calls is a cracking thriller but Happy Birthday…is a barmy slasher so depends on what you're in the mood for I guess. I absolutely love When a Stranger Calls though, one my my favourite thrillers.
troggi likes this.
Old 18th July 2013, 11:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
I watched The Lords Of Salem for the second time last night. I quite liked it the first time but thought it was even better after a repeat viewing. The film contains some genuinely disturbing imagery and although the plot is pretty thin, the characterisation makes up for it. I suppose overall it's a slight film, but it's a great way to spend 90 minutes, certainly Rob Zombie's best film.

I also watched The Panic In Needle Park, which is apparently the film that got Pacino both The Godfather and Dog Day Afternoon gigs. It's easy to see why, I've watched this film countless times and it's my favourite performance of his by far. It also helps that Kitty Winn counter-acts his sometimes manic performance. She's quietly assured throughout, actually some of the films best moments are from her. It really is a great film and deserves a wider audience. Some scenes are just heartbreaking, one in particular has stayed with me since I first watched the film, some twenty years ago.
Lords of Salem is a great film ill be double dipping in September when the Blu Ray comes out.
troggi likes this.
Old 18th July 2013, 11:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Lords of Salem is a great film ill be double dipping in September when the Blu Ray comes out.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same. I can see it becoming something of a cult-classic.
troggi likes this.
Old 18th July 2013, 11:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Yeah, I'll be doing the same. I can see it becoming something of a cult-classic.
Alot of people hate it which i was surprised about.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Good to hear about Lords of Salem, Rob Zombie's films have been a disappointment for me but I'm wiling to give this one a chance.

The Panic In Needle Park is such an interesting and thought provoking film. Certainly high on my list of favorite Pacino films along with the often overlooked Scarecrow.
troggi likes this.
Old 19th July 2013, 12:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Good to hear about Lords of Salem, Rob Zombie's films have been a disappointment for me but I'm wiling to give this one a chance.

The Panic In Needle Park is such an interesting and thought provoking film. Certainly high on my list of favorite Pacino films along with the often overlooked Scarecrow.
A bit of context. I've actually enjoyed all of Zombie's films to a certain extent, although once they're over that's it. Lords Of Salem actually stuck with me, I genuinely think it's a good film, but it's probably a divisive one. Definitely a rental rather than splashing out and buying it.

I've never seen Scarecrow but it sounds good. Gene Hackman and Al Pacino, got to be worth a watch.
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!