Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181810Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2013, 02:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Just got back from the Prince Charles Cinema in London doing a second run of the 35mm print they obtained of Michael Mann's The Keep. Second time I've seen the film and I still absolutely love it, warts and all. I do hope one day a Blu will be on the cards.
'The Keep' is on film 4 again next Thursday (15th) as part of their frightfest season if anyone still hasn't seen it, i know its not on dvd so felt that i should let everyone know. I quite like it myself.
They've also got Re-animator, Scanners, Don't look now, Dog Soldiers, Basket Case & Inferno ,all great films that i would urge everyone to see if they haven't already. (i'm sure most of you have)
Also showing Splice which i quite liked when i saw it, had a distinctly Cronenbergian feel to it i thought. Was well acted and interesting, one of my favourite monster movies of recent years.
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 8th August 2013, 02:13 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
If "Carry on Camping" is not everyone's favourite of the franchise it must be close to the top of the pile!
In order to finish this post it would be prudent to tell everyone which was my favourite "Carry On..." film, well stuff y', I'm not going to!
Mine must be 'Camping' and 'Carry on Screaming'.
troggi and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Just got back from the Prince Charles Cinema in London doing a second run of the 35mm print they obtained of Michael Mann's The Keep. Second time I've seen the film and I still absolutely love it, warts and all. I do hope one day a Blu will be on the cards.
I'm a member of the PCC too. Saw that was on, but couldn't be bothered last night as too tired and needed an early night. Seen it a few times though.
troggi likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Finally got round to watching The Warriors last night (Nordicdusk can get off my back now ), really enjoyed it and will definitely add it to my collection in the near future. It was the director's cut, with the comic book style scene transitions, is this cut better or worse than the standard version?

Followed it with American Psycho, despite being a bit of a let down on the gore front if you've read the book, I still enjoy this film and watch it every couple of years or so. I only discovered last night that Mila Kunis is in the sequel, never bothered with it before due to it's stature as being ultra-crap, but I'm thinking I might give it a watch for the lovely Ms Kunis
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 11:09 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I only discovered last night that Mila Kunis is in the sequel, never bothered with it before due to it's stature as being ultra-crap, but I'm thinking I might give it a watch for the lovely Ms Kunis
I didn't rate the Bale film but every time i see the sequel on offer i almost buy it cos' of Mila.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Followed it with American Psycho, despite being a bit of a let down on the gore front if you've read the book, I still enjoy this film and watch it every couple of years or so. I only discovered last night that Mila Kunis is in the sequel, never bothered with it before due to it's stature as being ultra-crap, but I'm thinking I might give it a watch for the lovely Ms Kunis
I know that people rate "American Psycho" for precisely the reason that I find it impossible to read. To me it is an impenetrable list of status symbols and designer goods. Yes, I understand that this is key to the story but I cannot get past that list and into the meat of the story.

Monster Magnet
Old 8th August 2013, 11:30 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The sequel is an utter disgrace. It's unbelievably poor.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The sequel is an utter disgrace. It's unbelievably poor.
Not surpring considering William SHATner is in it too!
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 11:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

RIIIIIIIiikkk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg khan.jpg (6.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 8th August 2013, 12:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Finally got round to watching The Warriors last night (Nordicdusk can get off my back now ), really enjoyed it and will definitely add it to my collection in the near future. It was the director's cut, with the comic book style scene transitions, is this cut better or worse than the standard version?

There is a lot of debate about the directors cut being worse, to be homest its not REALY that much of a big deal and doesn't ruin the film, but at the same time it doesnt improve it either its mainly the cartoon comic book style thats the only difference, but If had to choose then I would stick with the original, but good to see you've finally got round to seeing classic film, what took you so long it's one of my all time favs, watch it every year at least 3 times and never get bored off it,

Like this? Share it using the links below!