Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree181813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just finished watching The Paper Boy, very uncomfortable viewing indeed. John Cusack was brilliantly psychotic, Nicole Kidman was actually not irritating for once and to be honest all the cast were superb. Some very hard scenes to watch, although not technically graphic some sex scenes and one death scene in particular made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Then I look at the case to find its only a 15 certificate...... What the F?! I honestly don't get the bbfc, I really don't. In my opinion it should easily be an 18
Oh wow a 15?!! Yeah, that's a surprise. That horrible masturbation sequence in the visitor room between Kidman and Cusack was the peak of the uncomfortable viewing I think! Not one to watch with the folks . . .
troggi likes this.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:41 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Sharknado in the background while sorting out my hard drives tonight. Really bored of this post-post-post-post irony stuff. It's no different to the rest of The Asylum's output in terms of concept or execution so I find it odd thats its garnered as much attention as it has. It's not big, clever or so bad that its good. It's just arch, knowing, poorly made and unbearably dull.
Completely and utterly agree with this statement; I can't believe people are begging me to watch this. :P Can't stand The Asylum personally.
troggi likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 10th August 2013, 11:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Just finished watching The Paper Boy, very uncomfortable viewing indeed. John Cusack was brilliantly psychotic, Nicole Kidman was actually not irritating for once and to be honest all the cast were superb. Some very hard scenes to watch, although not technically graphic some sex scenes and one death scene in particular made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Then I look at the case to find its only a 15 certificate...... What the F?! I honestly don't get the bbfc, I really don't. In my opinion it should easily be an 18
I'm guessing its not about a kid riding round on his bike with a baseball cap on backwards, delivering papers?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th August 2013, 09:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It seems the BBFC only give films in 18 certificate if they contain very strong violence and language or sexualised violence.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th August 2013, 09:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Someone mentioned I Am Omega on here earlier. That is one poor film from The Asylum. Really poor.
That would be me, I actually liked it and found it a better film than I am legend.
Metallicbomb and troggi like this.
Old 11th August 2013, 09:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It seems the BBFC only give films in 18 certificate if they contain very strong violence and language or sexualised violence.
I'd say there's all of the above in it tbh lol!
troggi likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 11th August 2013, 10:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not films, but two documentaries.

Swallowed Souls
Aftereffects
troggi likes this.
Old 11th August 2013, 10:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not a film, but I finished Breaking Bad season two last night and I'm well and truly hooked. Onto season three this evening!
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

[QUOTE=trebor8273;358025]That would be me, I actually liked it and found it a better film than I am legend.[/QUOTE

'I am Legend' started well for the first half hour then totally screwed it up with the creatures, too CGI. (and nothing at all like the novel, which is brilliant)
Saw a little of 'I am Omega' but didn't think much of it. But i can't really judge it until i watch the full film.
'The Omega man' is good , but 'The Last man on earth' with Vincent Price is in my opinion the best version of this story on film.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:47 AM
Cult Addict

Watched Cloud Atlas recently. At close to three hours long this film really did struggle to hold my attention. Good performances all around make up and effects and such were all outstanding but with six seperate storylines taking place in six different time lines and literally dozens of characters I found it hard to actually care about any of them. Which for a film of this scale and length I think was essential. Still well worth giving a go and I intend to give it another viewing soon to try and take it all in.

Last night I finally managed to watch my Castle Freak blu. First time I'd seen it and I thought it was a great little film. Don't know how this got past me when it came out. Not a bad disc too, not watched The Evil Clergyman yet.
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!