Like Tree181813Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2013, 12:13 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It's a gay love story between the Yakuza and his boss. He can't admit his feelings so the whole thing is a twisted way of resolving the tension. The 'horror' is the main characters disgust at his own sexual desires.
It's a fantastic film too (Miike's best in my opinion). I was lucky enough to catch this one on the big screen when it was released.
troggi likes this.
Old 13th September 2013, 06:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's a fantastic film too (Miike's best in my opinion). I was lucky enough to catch this one on the big screen when it was released.
That would be excellent. Trouble is I live way out in the sticks and our cinema would never show anything like that. I watched it back in the early days of working at Blockbuster when they would stock anything and everything. All the Tartan asia extreme titles came in and I probably rented them all. Ended up buying them when they went pre-owned or saw them cheap and have a shelf full. The Miike films are amongst the best, I love Gozu, Visitor Q, Dead or Alive 1,2,+3, Shinjuku triad society ect....
troggi likes this.
Old 13th September 2013, 12:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Revolver (1973)

Violent criminals kidnap the wife of prison warden Oliver Reed and demand the release of an inmate (Fabio Testi) in exchange. Reed constructs an elaborate plan to let Testi escape then kidnaps him himself. Testi has no idea whi is trying to free him, nor have the local Mafia Dons who see him as small time.

For seventy minutes Revolver is one of the best Poliziotteschi films of the seventies. Then it all goes wrong. Up until then the story was tight and extremely gripping and was looking like one of the great mismatched buddy films that would take cinema's by storm in the late eighties. However when the action leaves Milan and moves to the French Alps it seems the writer got altitude sickness and just tacked any old convoluted crap onto the last forty five minutes. I felt the main characters played so beautifully up till this point by Reed and Testi lost their focus due to the absurdities of the screen play.

When i came to view this again i couldn't remember a thing about it from my first viewing. I still can't explain what fully happens as i just became bored with it which should never have happened.

At one point i did say to myself "Nice - Thats Bedorca's avatar" .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg revolverposter__span.jpg (65.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 13th September 2013, 01:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Murder by degree

Absolutely amazing fantastic acting from some of the best, great story and has to be one of the best Sherlock Holmes movies I have seen 10/10

Creature ( Titan find)

Chessy alien rip off but I enjoyed it a lot. 80s cheese at its best, mind while I was watching it I was thinking I wonder if Titan find was on netflex it was not until klaus kinkski and one of the female characters took of all her clothes that I remember this is Titan find 9/10
Old 13th September 2013, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

At one point i did say to myself "Nice - Thats Bedorca's avatar" .
Ah, I've often wondered what film he got that from
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2013, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Murder by degree

Absolutely amazing fantastic acting from some of the best, great story and has to be one of the best Sherlock Holmes movies I have seen 10/10
I've only ever seen this once, many years ago on TV, I remember enjoying it so I think I'll have to grab a copy sometime
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2013, 08:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Taste the Blood of Dracula

Taste the Blood of Dracula.
Question when was Chris Lee ever happy playing Dracula,Answer I don't know but im sure someone some has an opinion on it.At least his scowls and snarls are more authentic because he probably was well pissed of by the 70s,little did he know the cape and fangs were yet to be hung up.
Still a cracking little story of well to do toffs who by day are respectable but at night are snogging trollops,and tippin shampers down there neck,and then evoke Dracula,( don't you just hate it when that happens)
This has a great cast including Linda Hayden,Peter Sallis ,Ralph Bates and
Roy Kinnear and you almost forget Pete Cushing is'nt around.Not the best but not bad,but why do I luv Satanic Rites more than I luv life,WHYYYYY.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Taste the Blood of Dracula.
Question when was Chris Lee ever happy playing Dracula,Answer I don't know but im sure someone some has an opinion on it.At least his scowls and snarls are more authentic because he probably was well pissed of by the 70s,little did he know the cape and fangs were yet to be hung up.
Still a cracking little story of well to do toffs who by day are respectable but at night are snogging trollops,and tippin shampers down there neck,and then evoke Dracula,( don't you just hate it when that happens)
This has a great cast including Linda Hayden,Peter Sallis ,Ralph Bates and
Roy Kinnear and you almost forget Pete Cushing is'nt around.Not the best but not bad,but why do I luv Satanic Rites more than I luv life,WHYYYYY.
Nice one, Ron. I've got the above and Satantic Rites in my to watch pile. Me thinks it's going to be double-bill time tomorrow night.
Rik, troggi and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I love all the Hammer Dracula and Frankenstein films, I often watch more than one in one sitting, usually out of chronological order too, just to **** with the system
Old 13th September 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I love all the Hammer Dracula and Frankenstein films, I often watch more than one in one sitting, usually out of chronological order too, just to **** with the system
I know what you mean, Rik. God knows how many times I've watched the double bill of Fankenstein and the Monster from Hell and Vampire Circus. The latter has to be my favourite Hammer out of all of them.
Rik, keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!