Like Tree181797Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2014, 09:47 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Black Belly of the Tarantula

Fantastic giallo, which is low on gore but has tonnes of atmosphere , great acting, direction, great pace and fantastic score. We have the story of a killer who goes around murdering young women, but injects them with a person so they can't move but are conscious while they are being killed.

We have Giancarlo Giannini as the inspector on the case who is very good and unlike a lot of police inspectors in these movies his character is very well written and has depth. The lovely Barbra Bach also stars amongst others. 10/10

Bloody pit of horror
The complete opposite of the last film, had no redeeming qualities what so ever, could only manage about 40 minutes before I had to turn it off. 2/10

BLOODY PIT OF HORROR is fantastic!
Old 12th April 2014, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

f**k Yeah

Old 12th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BLOODY PIT OF HORROR is fantastic!
Will give it another try at some point. First few minutes were good when crimson executioner is killed, then we come to mordern times and have some truly awful acting and unlikable characters. But saying that it was more like 15 minutes and not 40 when I switched off

Last edited by trebor8273; 12th April 2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12th April 2014, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Bloody pit of horror
The complete opposite of the last film, had no redeeming qualities what so ever, could only manage about 40 minutes before I had to turn it off. 2/10
Quote:
Will give it another try at some point. First few minutes were good when crimson executioner his killed, then we come to mordern times and have some truly awful acting and unlikable characters. But saying that it was more like 15 minutes and not 40 when I switched off
I was just about to castigate you for spouting drivel Trebor but everyone else got there first.
Old 12th April 2014, 10:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was just about to castigate you for spouting drivel Trebor but everyone else got there first.
I better give it another go than as everyone seems to think so highly of it.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th April 2014, 11:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
FRIGHT WORLD. A satanic serial killer comes back to life and slaughters kids in an abandoned theme park. Murky is the best way to describe this one, the film looks like it was shot through a used tea bag and the sound is awful but luckily that doesn't really matter as the whole thing is drenched in wall to sub Marilyn Mason style music as people wonder around a lot. However there are some moments of cinematic greatness to be had: the title sequence is a mix of necro thrills and warped looking demon masks; the killer is resurrected from a puddle of blood caused by a ruptured hymen as the only victim to ever escape him decides to have her cherry popped in a room full of stuffed animals and my favourite scene...a drunk woman having a piss on the floor, toppling over in to the piss and then sitting there in her own wee wanking about clowns!
Quote:
THE DEAD DON'T SLEEP. A gang of kids head to the lake for Spring Break in some old dog dick of a town. Here amongst the topless bathing and flesh flashes they are one by one kidnapped and taken to what looks like an industrial laundry to be processed... Yet more low budget high jinks with the normal quota of flesh and blood. People run up and down corridors in bikinis, so much so that at any moment I expected Frankie and Annette to appear. On the plus side this has the finest anti acting I have seen in an age, making me believe I was witnessing some art prank as the lack of acting looks stylized...no one could be that bad. There is a whiff of 2000 Maniacs about this but I would be buggered if I could tell you why. Contains a grossly overweight child eating pretzels throughout and twin goth Dominatrix who have the most pathetic slow motion fight with one of the heroes you are likely to ever see. As with a lot of these no budget gems, it goes on for ages and is in need of being pruned back to make a better film, well for some anyway, I love how these low budget film makers refuse to worry about pacing and the viewers boredom thresholds and just film and release every second of their scripts and visions.
Are you on a Brain Damage marathon?
Old 12th April 2014, 11:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are you on a Brain Damage marathon?
More a Lovefilm or whatever it is called at the moment, films with the most cleavage on the cover marathon...there does seem to be a pattern emerging...
Old 12th April 2014, 11:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
More a Lovefilm or whatever it is called at the moment, films with the most cleavage on the cover marathon...there does seem to be a pattern emerging...
Does shit blow up, by any chance?
Old 13th April 2014, 06:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

'True Detective'. Outstanding 8 part HBO series, which only took me a week or so to watch. McConaughey and Harrelson are excellent, but it's the quality performances of the actors playing the lesser roles that really stand out.
Absolutely dripping with a weird/menacing atmosphere, in a setting that is perfect for this kind of show.
Police procedural meets weird cults/human sacrifice - how could it miss?!

Highly recommended, but I should point out - if you require all questions to be answered, and all threads tied up, this probably isn't for you.

Like 'American Horror Story', each series will be a self contained story, with new characters. Unlike AHS, this show is actually good.
Old 13th April 2014, 08:17 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Does shit blow up, by any chance?
Oddly enough, I have had no need to watch shit blow up since my erectile dysfunction has been cured.
mr 420 and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!