Any idea when?
December 9th to be precise
tele1962 likes this.
Old 23rd August 2014, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
What did you make of Cthulhu? I really rate it as one of the more interesting takes on Lovecraft.
Found it a little slow but soon got into it and as you say found it a interesting take on lovecraft. On the whole a good little film with disturbing and chilling atmosphere. Was a nice change to see a gay character that wasn't the usual camp stereotype of a lot of films.
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Two visits to the cinema in the past few days. On Thursday I saw Expendables 3. I missed the silliness of part 2, but it was nice to see Harrison Ford back to some sort of form. The action set pieces are as good as ever, if perhaps fewer in number, but the film has a melancholic streak that doesn't quite fit the otherwise cartoonish feeling of the Expendables.

Luc Besson always manages to make something interesting while at the same time almost always disappointing and Lucy is no different. I really enjoyed the film, but also found is cod philosophy frustrating. Anybody think the ending was a nod to 2001?

In any event I think both films are worth the price of admission.

I also watch the U.S. blu-ray of In Fear, a low budget British/Irish horror film that I saw earlier in the year at the Fantasy Film Nights weekend. I found this better second time round (either I was less tired or the intimacy of a home viewing suits the film better) and recommend it you (its already out on DVD in the U.K. and i believe there is also now a German blu-ray for those without multi-region).
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Blood Orgy of the She-Devils (1972)

Blood Orgy of the She-Devils! What a title, what possibilities?, what cornucorpia of sinful desires and blood shed will assault your senses?

Well unfortunately the answer is none. The title, like the film is a load of bollocks. The nearest we get to bloodshed is a woman having her nails clipped. As for an orgy? The film makes Carry on Camping seem like a hardcore f**kfest.

As for storyline? Half the film was taken up with a guy talking about witchcraft, droning on over light weight images of witch torture.

At one point a character says "That was the shortest chess game i've ever seen" which is ironic because Blood Orgy felt like the longest, dullest film i'd ever seen.
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Well, that's two of us who've suffered the fate of the She-Devils in the last few days now.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Well, that's two of us who've suffered the fate of the She-Devils in the last few days now.
I thought you were quite kind to it actually.
Old 23rd August 2014, 02:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought you were quite kind to it actually.
In retrospect, and after reading your review, I probably was!
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Legend of Hercules (2014) What a steaming pile of . Makes me look forward to the Rock's version!
Gravity (2013) Enjoyed this and quite good use of 3D
Dracula The Dark Prince (2013) Another steaming pile of for gawds sake who greenlights these crapfests! The moment I saw Dracula chestbump one of his mates I knew what I was going to be in for!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) I like the recent Marvel movies and I think this is the best one yet far better than Thor 2!
Dark Skies (2013) Hmm! Liked it but I think Signs was better.
The Monuments Men (2014) This disappointed me really did expect more.

From 1958 part 2
Tarzan's fight for Life - Tarzan suddenly aquires a new Jane and Boy who seems to change name from Boy to Tartu every time he's mentioned. Still its another generic outing for Scott
Vertigo - I have say I've never seen this before, prefering Hitchcocks more 'horror' related The Birds and Psycho. So I came into this not knowing what was going on and enjoyed it all the more.
Tarzan and the Trappers - An aborted attempt by Sol Lesser to bring Tarzan to the small screen. Having failed the three half hour episodes were cobbled together to create this feature. A little better than usual but not by much.
Carry on Sergeant - The first in the carry on franchise and great comedy! "Your rank?" "Well thats a matter of opinion!"
The Vikings - Da daaaa da, da daaaa da! Love this movie and also its theme tune by Mario Nascimbene which is very reminiscent of his later themes for One Million Years B.C and When Dinosaurs Ruled the earth.
Ivan the Terrible -Part 2 - Eisenstein's second part to his bio of the Russian Tsar. Made in 1945 it was banned by the Soviet governement and a planned Part 3 was never made. Eisenstein never saw part 2 released as he died in 1948.
King Creole - An Elvis movie which if I'm honest bored me, liked the music but thats all.
Knighty Knight Bugs - The only Bugs Bunny cartoon to win an Oscar.
Tot Watchers - Tom & Jerrys last theatrical outing in what is described as the Golden Age of Hollywood animation.
Touch of Evil - Chuck Heston is one of my favourite actors but I just didn't like this. I can see what Orson Welles had in mind when he made this but it just didn't work for me.
The Buccaneer - Yul Brynner and Heston team up again for a slice of American history. A bit cliqued but the scene with the British army marching towards the Yanks with their pipes and drums playing is one of the highlights of the movie.
Old 23rd August 2014, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hand of The Ripper (1971)

A less well known Hammer effort but now my fav. Some really strong performances and an interesting and well paced take on the ripper story kept me engaged and involved throughout. Good cinematography aswell.

9/10.
Old 23rd August 2014, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beyond the wall of sleep

Well could only manage about 15 minutes of this, little to do with lovecrafts story, disjointed with some terrible acting and but that wig has to be the worst thing in this movie, anyone who has had this misfortune to see this will no what I mean, it has to be seen to be believed !
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!