Like Tree180684Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2015, 11:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watched Countess Perverse (1973, JF)
More Sadean high jinks from the Manera. A couple find a woman washed up on the beach. She tells a mad tale of "the house on the island".....Sadly for her, these two are in cahoots with the owners of said house.....
Grim wee film, only spoiled by the obviousness of the "scenery" during the hunt sequence ahem.

Also watched Sella Turcica (2010, Fred Vogel)
Camille Keaton!! Fred Vogel!!
I had to see it. Quite a grim tale of a returning soldier and the family tensions this creates...until the end when it goes aw Combat Shock. Ostensibly FV's take on Deathdream updated for todays conflicts. The comm should be a hoot!!
Hmm. Mr V certainly seems assured of his artistic worth anyhow......

Watched [B]Jurassic World. I could, but I won't. Cool scrap at the end though....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th October 2015, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Actually, it had an opening weekend this time last month in 1540 screens in the USA – I'm not sure where else it's been shown.
That was where i was going Nos, if its had an official release somewhere then there might be a legit way of watching it.
Graeme73 likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's probably the best found footage film i've ever seen in terms of camera work.
I think it helps that the guy filming is actually supposed to be a professional cameraman so it makes sense within the context of the film that it would be quite well filmed.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Just got back from the cinema after seeing Jodorowsky's Dune. I really enjoyed it, I can tell as much because upon getting home all I want to do is find out more about it!

After a quick intro to Jodo, as he likes to be called we find out, it launches headlong into the historical pre-production of Dune. How he came up with his dream-team crew and how he wrote the screenplay and fully storyboarded all 90 scenes!

His enthusiasm is contagious and everyone involved seems to be just as enthusiastic. Interviews with Giger, Giraud and his producer Seydoux are all in depth and interesting.

It's a shame it never got made, but it's a good excuse to go back to his canon of work and re-watch El Topo, Holy Mountain and Santa Sangre.

Has anyone seen Dance of Reality?
Glad you liked it, it's easily one of my favourite film docs. Haven't seen TDOR.....yet. Looking forward to it...
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th October 2015, 01:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Poorly worded question.
I simply meant has Green Inferno actually had a proper release somewhere in the world?
If i seen a film online thats not released yet i dont even post a review until after someone else has, so doesnt give away fact ive done something i shouldnt do. Also if i know someone might be interested then i just pm then direct so no one knows.
Old 26th October 2015, 02:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Just got back from the cinema after seeing Jodorowsky's Dune. I really enjoyed it, I can tell as much because upon getting home all I want to do is find out more about it!

After a quick intro to Jodo, as he likes to be called we find out, it launches headlong into the historical pre-production of Dune. How he came up with his dream-team crew and how he wrote the screenplay and fully storyboarded all 90 scenes!

His enthusiasm is contagious and everyone involved seems to be just as enthusiastic. Interviews with Giger, Giraud and his producer Seydoux are all in depth and interesting.

It's a shame it never got made, but it's a good excuse to go back to his canon of work and re-watch El Topo, Holy Mountain and Santa Sangre.

Has anyone seen Dance of Reality?
I adored The Dance Of Reality, probably my favourite film of the year. On the face of it it's typical Jodorowsky, plenty of symbolism and oddness, the main female character sings her way through the film for example, but there's also a lot of heart, it's actually quite moving and it looks wonderful.

Jodorowsky is 86 years of age and still making films as vibrant as The Dance Of Reality. Jodorowsky is currently filming the follow up, Endless Poetry, which again is autobiographical.
Old 26th October 2015, 06:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download.jpg

Six strangers wake up inside various coloured rooms each wall including the floor and ceiling has a hatch leading to another room identical in size only differing in colour. When all six people meet up in the same place they discover that certain rooms are safe and others contain traps that kill instantly. The group must put their minds together to figure out who put them there and why while also figuring a way out of this nightmare.

I love the idea behind Cube the feeling of being trapped in a small space has always been a fear of mine so i could put myself in the position of the people trapped in the Cube. The gore and kill effects are mostly practical just a few incidents we get CGI but its not distracting.

At the start the acting and dialogue was fine but as the film progresses it gets worse and worse and the characters themselves follow the same path of becoming less and less likeable to the point it seemed that they were just talking to to fill up time in the film. Like i said earlier i love the idea but its not used to its full potential. Within this massive cube there are thousands of rooms i would i like to have seen them explore the idea for more traps im sure they were restricted by budget but it would of been a nice touch.

Overall Cube is a decent film despite its flaws it kept me interested until the end even it if was to see if the people i disliked the most would meet a terrible end. Not one i would want to watch again not because its bad just once you have seen it you have seen it.

5/10
Old 26th October 2015, 07:00 PM
Cult Master

download (1).jpg

The Templars are terrorising the people of a small Portuguese villiage kidnapping their daughters to sacrifice to Satan. When the villagers capture the Templars they burn out their eyes before burning them alive so they would not be able to find their way back from the dead and the village would finally be at peace for all the future generations. On the 500th anniversary the village is holing a festival to celebrate the bravery of their forefathers for removing the evil Templars from their land. But the merriment is short lived when the Blind Templars return from the dead to exact their revenge.

This is only my second Blind Dead film and i really loved both this and Tombs of the Blind Dead. The Blind Dead galloping across the countryside on their dead cloaked horses looks great very creepy. The characters in the film are made up of the hero the women every man in the village wants despite here scary eyebrows the slime ball cowardly mayor and his henchmen. Our hero wants to escape with his ex lover after re igniting their relationship but the mayor and his head goon who also loves the same woman will stop at nothing to keep her from leaving and make her their own.

So far the Blind Dead films are alot of fun and filled with great atmosphere so hopes are high for the other two entries to the series.

7/10
Old 26th October 2015, 07:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
So far the Blind Dead films are alot of fun and filled with great atmosphere so hopes are high for the other two entries to the series.
The Ghost Galleon isn't well thought of but i think it gets better with each viewing.
keirarts and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 26th October 2015, 07:17 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Ghost Galleon isn't well thought of but i think it gets better with each viewing.
Hopefully get to watch that tomorrow night will post my thoughts.

Like this? Share it using the links below!