Like Tree181803Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2021, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes. 1989.

A Group of priests enter the Long Island house on 112 Ocean Avenue to exorcise it, a young priest sees a lamp that harbours a demonic entity. The lamp is later sold at a yard sale bound for California where a woman and her children go to live. Soon after arriving the demon manifests itself as the deceased woman's husband, the young priest travels to California to put a stop to the evil.

This installment was made for television and was decent, it may not be a haunted house film but more haunted household appliance haunting. Writer of the original film Sandor Stern returns as writer and director and was able to pull out a few good moments at the start with a collection of priests ready to do battle. The acting is good even from Patty Duke as the grandma that believes the children are up to no good, it does have some tense moments but nothing that would make you jump out of your skin, worth a watch.

Attachment 230688

Are you going to watch all 23 of them ??
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th January 2021, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
What what ! For a moment there I thought you was joking due to amount there is, well you’re not far wrong, here a complete list of them even tho some aren’t really sequels etc and just amityville by name or cashing in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work...ville_haunting

The Amityville Horror July 27, 1979
Amityville II: The Possession
Amityville 3-D November 18, 1983
Amityville III: The Demon,
Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes May 12, 1989 TV film aka Amityville Horror: The Evil Escapes or Amityville: The Evil Escapes
The Amityville Curse May 7, 1990 Direct-to-video
Amityville: It's About Time July 16, 1992 aka Amityville 1992: It's About Time
Amityville: A New Generation September 29, 1993
Amityville Dollhouse October 2, 1996
The Amityville Horror April 14, 2005 Theatrical
The Amityville Haunting December 13, 2011 Direct-to-video
The Amityville Asylum June 3, 2013
The Conjuring July 19, 2013 Theatrical James Wan Chad Hayes and Carey W. Hayes Part of The Conjuring Universe, only mentioned before the film's ending.
Amityville Death House February 24, 2015 Direct-to-video
The Amityville Playhouse April 13, 2015 Limited theatrical release aka The Amityville Theater
Amityville: Vanishing Point April 1, 2016 Direct-to-video
The Conjuring 2 June 7, 2016 Theatrical Part of The Conjuring Universe. The Amityville haunting is depicted in the prologue, while the rest of the film deals with the Enfield case.
The Amityville Legacy June 7, 2016 Direct-to-video Re-released as Amityville Toybox in 2020.
The Amityville Terror August 2, 2016
Amityville: No Escape August 5, 2016
Amityville: Evil Never Dies June 2017 Sequel to The Amityville Legacy, re-released as Amityville Clownhouse in 2020.
Amityville Exorcism January 3, 2017
Against the Night September 15, 2017 Limited theatrical release aka Amityville Prison
Amityville: The Awakening October 28, 2017 Theatrical
Amityville: Mt. Misery Road May 31, 2018 Limited theatrical release
The Amityville Murders October 9, 2018
Amityville Island March 17, 2020 Direct-to-video
Amityville Vibrator June 6th, 2020
Witches of Amityville Academy October 2, 2020 Limited theatrical release aka Amityville Witches
The Amityville Harvest October 8, 2020
Old 18th January 2021, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Think maybe watch upto Dollhouse but Awakening does seem interesting if it's on prime, The remake and the others spin off titles think i will give them a miss unless I get told they are brilliant...except Haunting that was crap
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th January 2021, 10:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Think maybe watch upto Dollhouse but Awakening does seem interesting if it's on prime, The remake and the others spin off titles think i will give them a miss unless I get told they are brilliant...except Haunting that was crap
If I’m not sure about anything I IMDb see ratings then read a few reviews then decide for yourself if the reviews have swung in you’re favour to watch .
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 18th January 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
What what ! For a moment there I thought you was joking due to amount there is, well you’re not far wrong, here a complete list of them even tho some aren’t really sequels etc and just amityville by name or cashing in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work...ville_haunting

The Amityville Horror July 27, 1979
Amityville II: The Possession
Amityville 3-D November 18, 1983
Amityville III: The Demon,
Amityville 4: The Evil Escapes May 12, 1989 TV film aka Amityville Horror: The Evil Escapes or Amityville: The Evil Escapes
The Amityville Curse May 7, 1990 Direct-to-video
Amityville: It's About Time July 16, 1992 aka Amityville 1992: It's About Time
Amityville: A New Generation September 29, 1993
Amityville Dollhouse October 2, 1996
The Amityville Horror April 14, 2005 Theatrical
The Amityville Haunting December 13, 2011 Direct-to-video
The Amityville Asylum June 3, 2013
The Conjuring July 19, 2013 Theatrical James Wan Chad Hayes and Carey W. Hayes Part of The Conjuring Universe, only mentioned before the film's ending.
Amityville Death House February 24, 2015 Direct-to-video
The Amityville Playhouse April 13, 2015 Limited theatrical release aka The Amityville Theater
Amityville: Vanishing Point April 1, 2016 Direct-to-video
The Conjuring 2 June 7, 2016 Theatrical Part of The Conjuring Universe. The Amityville haunting is depicted in the prologue, while the rest of the film deals with the Enfield case.
The Amityville Legacy June 7, 2016 Direct-to-video Re-released as Amityville Toybox in 2020.
The Amityville Terror August 2, 2016
Amityville: No Escape August 5, 2016
Amityville: Evil Never Dies June 2017 Sequel to The Amityville Legacy, re-released as Amityville Clownhouse in 2020.
Amityville Exorcism January 3, 2017
Against the Night September 15, 2017 Limited theatrical release aka Amityville Prison
Amityville: The Awakening October 28, 2017 Theatrical
Amityville: Mt. Misery Road May 31, 2018 Limited theatrical release
The Amityville Murders October 9, 2018
Amityville Island March 17, 2020 Direct-to-video
Amityville Vibrator June 6th, 2020
Witches of Amityville Academy October 2, 2020 Limited theatrical release aka Amityville Witches
The Amityville Harvest October 8, 2020
This is gonna make me out to be a perv but this one might be interesting for a laugh, just look at the tag line.

MV5BYzhlNTgzMDgtMTQ0Mi00MzFjLTg3ZjgtNjg2ZmE3MTQ0NDY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkwNTA0ODQ@._V1_.jpg
Old 18th January 2021, 10:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
If I’m not sure about anything I IMDb see ratings then read a few reviews then decide for yourself if the reviews have swung in you’re favour to watch .
I stopped going by IMDB ratings, prefer people's opinion on here, more trustworthy
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th January 2021, 11:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I stopped going by IMDB ratings, prefer people's opinion on here, more trustworthy
Fcuk IMDB btw
iank and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th January 2021, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Amityville Curse. 1990.

Marvin and his wife Debbie decide to buy a house in Amityville unaware of it's past, with their friends Abigail, Frank and Bill they try to renovate it, from the start unexplained things start to happen and is the house connected to a priest who was killed years earlier?

This has very little do do with the Original house or story, it's a new colonial mansion in the middle of the town Amityville that seems to have a few houses and a pub, so drive through it blink and miss it. It does have a refrence to the first and second film, someone hearing voices and being possessed and go on a killing spree. The acting is really not the best even though there are a few good names in this, there is very little jump scares or even tense moments in this, not the best installments to the franchise even though it is based on a book by Hans Holzer.

61I8bU+iQaL._RI_.jpg
Old 19th January 2021, 01:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Amityville: It's About Time. 1992.

Jacob returns from New York with a mysterious clock, unaware where it has came from, soon after things in his household start to happen. Rusty believes it has something to do with the clock but nobody believes him except his neighbour.

This is the second time I have watched this and it's far better than the previous film, based on the short story that featured Amityville 4, cursed objects seem to appear from the Long Island house. This does have a small nod to mentioning the house that was demolished at the end of the third film. This one does have a lot more suspense built up and executed a good deal, the acting is better from everyone and decently performed visual effects for a 90s film.

Onto the next installment now.

amityville-1992-its-about-time.jpg
Old 19th January 2021, 06:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yes know what you mean but might come across a film you’ve never heard of and not seen any reviews on here, or go on letterbox and see people reviews on there.

Like this? Share it using the links below!