Like Tree180852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2010, 05:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched paranormal activity 2..
I thought it wernt to bad havent seen 1st 1.
Id enjoyed it more if some ppl at the back didnt keep shouting random nonsense or the 4 5 girls in front kept screaming at nothing and talking loudly. im Sure 1 of them kept screaming just to get attention because she would scream even if 2 ppl where just randomly talking in the film..

In the end just as it ended she said to her mate i cant believe that scared me, to which i shouted no neither can i so in future stick to watching bambi. 1of her frineds didnt half give me a dirty look....ppl like that at pics realy irritate me,
I hate people who are loud in the cinema, many a time I've had to shout at people mid film. I'm bound to get in a fight one day cos it's one of my worst pet hates.
I'm off to see Paranormal Activity 2 tonight. First one scared the bajeezus out of me (I used to live with a poltergeist) so I expect this one to do the same, let's hope I don't become one of those screamers cos I'll really embarrass myself.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 27th October 2010, 05:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Eden Lake
Really enjoyed this. No bullshit, great acting, some brutal violence and it also looks amazing
Old 27th October 2010, 05:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I watched Frozen last night. This is what I said about it on Facebook:

Quote:
"Frozen" 2010 USA/UK D: Adam Green.

A disappointment without being a total failure. Two obnoxious oiks and obnoxious oik 1's annoying girlfriend get stuck on a ski lift and horror ensues. This is a very slight idea that does not survive being pulled out to feature length. It does so by re-enacting "The Descent" with a freezing ski-lift instead of a cave system and wolves instead of Crawlers.

The script is decent enough if you suspend disbelief (could this happen on a modern ski resort and would wolves really act that way? I doubt it), but it is harder to over look the weak performances which are unable to sustain the required fear and tension. The actors are simply not up to the job really.

Visually there is little of interest (how many snowy angles of a swaying ski chair can you stand?) and instead of keeping you on the edge of your seat the film draaaaags and drags. For the most part it's hard to care about these people and their predicament.

Also, if these things are important to you, the make-up and gore effects are quite ineffective and cheap looking, not necessarily a fatal thing to a film, but here there's not much else to distract from this.

"Frozen" is a very disappointing exercise, but it is an interesting scenario...it would all have worked so much better with a much shorter running time and a more convincing cast.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Martin Kemp's remake of Expose which was just as bad as the original. Also the star, Jane March, is a dreadful actress.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Martin Kemp's remake of Expose
Er...

...WHAT?!
Old 27th October 2010, 05:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Er...

...WHAT?!
Yep, no joke. Martin Kemp, of Spandau Ballet fame, actually remade Expose and even got Linda Hayden to appear in it. Saw it at it's 'World Premier' in Glasgow on Sunday.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:38 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Martin Kemp's remake of Expose which was just as bad as the original. Also the star, Jane March, is a dreadful actress.
Funnily enough, I didn't mind Jane's acting in Color Of Night.
Old 27th October 2010, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Yes it wasn't very good My favourite part was the part when the cat goes for a swim
Old 27th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Yes it wasn't very good My favourite part was the part when the cat goes for a swim
Yeah, that was funny.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:45 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just this minute finished watching, "The Wicker Witchfinder General, Deer Hunter Now!" or BLACK DEATH as it's known. It's actually pretty impressive though (SPOILER ALERT) it would have been a much braver and radical film had the ending allowed Christianity to win with no hint of bitterness or atheist thought to undermine the beliefs displayed through out. Of course, then it would be classed as Christian propaganda by most people rather than an action/horror film set in the Christian Middle Ages.

Like this? Share it using the links below!