Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180706Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2024, 07:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
these we meant to be shocking disgusting and disturbing yet seem to be very mild
As I have said before, you need to look at these films from a historic perspective

Back in 1985 (before CGI made liquid-metal possible or allowed genetically cloned dinosaurs to roam the land) the special effects used for these films were exemplary - they were sickeningly believable disturbing

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th June 2024, 09:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
No, that was the second one - 'Flower Of Flesh And Blood'
Ah right, thanks, I've only seen 2 and can't remember which ones it was in the 80s early 90s when I saw them, not my thing.
Old 16th June 2024, 01:19 PM
Cult Master

I'm watching the original 'Rollerball'

Goddess... it's boring, BUT I cannot help thinking JK Rowling must have seen it when she was coming up with the rules of Quidditch !!

Old 16th June 2024, 01:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Goddess... it's boring, BUT I cannot help thinking JK Rowling must have seen it when she was coming up with the rules of Quidditch !!
Boring really, its anything but boring, but hey hum each to there own, I think its a great film.
Old 16th June 2024, 01:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Boring really, its anything but boring, but hey hum each to there own, I think its a great film.
I thought it was boring. I saw it as a political drama rather than anything else. Violence for the sake of violence is good, but this was too much 'corporation-views' for my liking

I'm not saying it's a *bad* movie - it's just not *my* kind of movie

Old 16th June 2024, 02:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Society. 1989.

Here we are, rainy Sunday afternoon, usually some people be watching football, or a nice afternoon flick, nope not me here I am watching Brian Yuzna's Society.

Yuzna known for his collaboration with Stuart Gordon who gave us some good 80s films one being Re-Animator, here we got Billy Warlock a young Beverly Hills teen questioning his life with parents and sister and feels he doesn't belong with them. Every rich family member probably feels like that but in this case young Billy is right though.

There is never a dull moment with this film, ok the acting and dialogue is a bit of a laugh with the deliverance at times, but the shock value is there towards to the end and anyone who has seen this probably know what i'm going on about, talking about fisting someone to the extreme, first rule of fist club, never discuss it, second rule, keep your nails short.

d76a64c48615c25edf1149a15466c9b4_300x442.jpg
Old 16th June 2024, 03:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

As in making it up as she went along.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 17th June 2024, 09:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Hello y'all. Long time, no see, but a cat has nine lives, unfortunately/surprisingly/luckily.

I vaguely remember a film, either a Giallo or a Horror film, with one or two plot twists, that takes place in an area slightly similar to the one in this picture.

Dunquin_Dingle_Ireland.jpg

Some scenes are in a pub, I seem to recall.

I also remember, and that might help most, that one of the characters buys fresh fish from a guy at the beach, which - if I remember correctly - helps with convicting the perpetrator.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 17th June 2024, 09:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Inside Out 2

The main characters are back and this time they are joined by newer emotions because Riley is getting older. When Anxiety takes over and banishes Joy and the rest of the originals, Riley's demeanor starts to change and it's up to Joy to save Riley. This was entertaining with a good script and storyline.

Slaughter High

If A.I. was around in 1986 and somebody used it to create a script for a Slasher Movie about a bullied boy who is the victim of a Practical Joke and severely burned at School by the Bullies, who lures them back for a reunion on a anniversary, so he can kill them off in gory ways and for there be a twist at the end. This would be it with the requisite bad acting and some dodgy F/X in some cases.

Obviously in 2024, it's flaws are there to be seen but it has it's charm and if I had seen this back in the day, I probably would have enjoyed it even more. Definitely not one for repeat viewing but once in a long while assuming I've forgotten what's happened.

Furiosa

Prequel to Fury Road, which sees a young Furiosa kidnapped but is then caught in a power struggle between two warring gangs, one of which is led by Chris Hemsworth. This was a decent watch with great visuals and Action scenes but it's nothing you haven't seen before if you've seen the other Films in the Franchise. I'm a fan of Chris Hemsworth and was interested to see how he would portray a villain, he was quite good, definitely hamming it up but I think he can play a more serious baddie in another Film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg io2.jpg (8.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg sh.jpg (14.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg f.jpg (14.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 17th June 2024, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Hello y'all. Long time, no see, but a cat has nine lives, unfortunately/surprisingly/luckily.

I vaguely remember a film, either a Giallo or a Horror film, with one or two plot twists, that takes place in an area slightly similar to the one in this picture.

Attachment 251516

Some scenes are in a pub, I seem to recall.

I also remember, and that might help most, that one of the characters buys fresh fish from a guy at the beach, which - if I remember correctly - helps with convicting the perpetrator.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Is it Death Walks on High Heels?
nicholasrope and Rob4 like this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 17th June 2024 at 10:41 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!