Like Tree180867Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Just watched Catfish

it was a good doc and I was quite shocked at how calm he was with the whole situation ha ha Angela needs help!
you are aware that Catfish is fake right Nek?
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
you are aware that Catfish is fake right Nek?

ha ha
I thought it was based on tru events.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 24th January 2011, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want to see it at some point next week but my choices are limited as there aren't that many showings every day at the Cineworld nearest me. I've tried to stay away from reviews and as many trailers as possible so I can be as open minded as possible and see it 'blind'.

This evening I watched A Single Man and Cannibal Ferox with the commentary.
I saw it at my local Cineworld and you’re right, there’s like three or four screenings a day, which is a lot less than many other “big” releases. Though it is what would usually be considered art house, the films heading towards a haul of $100m in the US, so you’d think there’d be a bigger splash in the UK – the screening I attended yesterday was at 3:15 and was sold out! Completely out of the ordinary, even on a Sunday, at my local.

I guess it boils down to the time of year – there are stacks of films out: all the awards-consideration types of films and big budgeters like Green Hornet too. Just not enough screens. I still can’t believe, with all the hype it’s had, that BLUE VALENTINE’s not paying in my local cinema – Optimum only saw fit to put it on 36 screens nationwide! None of my local cinemas are showing the new Carpenter flick, THE WARD, either.
Old 24th January 2011, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Recently watched:

The Killer (John Woo)
Pancho Villa (spaghetti western with Telly Savalas)
Day of the Dead (original)
Old 24th January 2011, 10:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I saw it at my local Cineworld and you’re right, there’s like three or four screenings a day, which is a lot less than many other “big” releases. Though it is what would usually be considered art house, the films heading towards a haul of $100m in the US, so you’d think there’d be a bigger splash in the UK – the screening I attended yesterday was at 3:15 and was sold out! Completely out of the ordinary, even on a Sunday, at my local.

I guess it boils down to the time of year – there are stacks of films out: all the awards-consideration types of films and big budgeters like Green Hornet too. Just not enough screens. I still can’t believe, with all the hype it’s had, that BLUE VALENTINE’s not paying in my local cinema – Optimum only saw fit to put it on 36 screens nationwide! None of my local cinemas are showing the new Carpenter flick, THE WARD, either.
I suppose it all goes down to a multiplex's raison d'être which is to make money. Why would they put on four shown as a day of Blue Valentine or The Ward which would attract a small audience when they could put on The Green Hornet (in 3D, not 2D) which will have a much bigger audience and therefore more cash?

Give it a couple of months and these films will be in your local arthouse cinema so all is not lost!
Old 24th January 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Yeah out of the 6 cinemas here only 2 are showing Ward but they both ain't close

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 24th January 2011, 11:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The Plague of the Zombies [1966]
Piranha [2010]
8mm [1999]
Ronin [1998]
Leon [1994]
Old 24th January 2011, 01:05 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Lat night I watched:

The Making of Battle Royale: The Experience of 42 High School Students

I really enjoyed this, its amazing how energertic Kinji Fukasaku was for a 70 year old man. Cant wait to watch the rest of the special features

Dead Beat At Dawn

This is the third time I've seen this film and I still like it a lot. It's ultra low budgetness (is that a word) gives it a really gritty feel, and the stange colured lighting make it seem like a living nightmare. I especially like the 'I hate people speach'. Whenever I hear the phrase ultra-violence I think of Deadbeat at Dawn.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:32 AM
Active Cultist

Logan's Run.

Some outstanding images and locations. The rubbish phazers add to the charm. Great soundtrack. Jenny Agutter circa '76. I don't need to say anymore.

Oh, someones remaking it. Good luck with that.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:46 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

The Undergroung Banker - A wifes loan shark debts get out of hand, so they rape, drug and film her in action, they end up burning down their flat with the wife and child still in it, the wife dies and the little boy suffers terrible injuries and the soft husband decides enough is enough and goes on the rampage with his unbalanced friend.

Like this? Share it using the links below!