it's great ant, loved it.
Old 12th March 2011, 12:21 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched WITHOUT WARNING tonight.
Jesus,a bit of a star cast there eh?

Jack Palance,Martin Landau,Neville Brand and Cameron Mitchell.
Oh and a young David Caruso.

It was a Kevin Hall who played the alien,the same guy who played the PREDATOR.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th March 2011, 06:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
I watched WITHOUT WARNING tonight.
Jesus,a bit of a star cast there eh?

Jack Palance,Martin Landau,Neville Brand and Cameron Mitchell.
Oh and a young David Caruso.

It was a Kevin Hall who played the alien,the same guy who played the PREDATOR.
That the same film that was released here on VHS as simply The Warning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th March 2011, 02:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus. Wanted to like this so much as it was Heath Ledger's last film. But I found it hard to watch at times due to the scatty nature of the story, which at times left me scratching my head. A second viewing maybe would help, but it isn't entertaining enough for me to rewatch
Old 12th March 2011, 03:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

For the first time ever I've finally got around to watching A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. I bought the BD Boxset when it was going real cheap on play.com.
I absolutely love them too, I prefered For A Few Dollars More but both are great films overall. The directing, acting, cinematography and music are just flawless, so enjoyable. Next I'm going to be watching The Good, The Bad & The Ugly to round off the Trilogy so hopefully I'm in for a treat there too!

Considering it's on BD the picture quality of A Fistful Of Dollars leaves a lot to be desired, only comparable to an upscaled DVD I guess. I had been warned so it didn't come as a shock. Whereas For A Few Dollars More looked gorgeous. Really lovely clarity and had a nice depth of field. Very impressed.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Last edited by antmumford; 12th March 2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12th March 2011, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
For the first time ever I've finally got around to watching A Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More. I bought the BD Boxset when it was going real cheap on play.com.
I absolutely love them too, I prefered For A Few Dollars More but both are great films overall. The directing, acting, cinematography and music are just flawless, so enjoyable. Next I'm going to be watching The Good, The Bad & The Ugly to round off the Trilogy so hopefully I'm in for a treat there too!

Considering it's on BD the picture quality of A Fistful Of Dollars leaves a lot to be desired, only comparable to an upscaled DVD I guess. I had been warned so it didn't come as a shock. Whereas A Few Dollars More looked gorgeous. Really lovely clarity and had a nice depth of field. Very impressed.
You are in for a treat. The Good , The Bad and the Ugly is one of the greatest films ever made(IMO) It is quite long but it is totaly worth it
Old 12th March 2011, 07:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
You are in for a treat. The Good , The Bad and the Ugly is one of the greatest films ever made(IMO) It is quite long but it is totaly worth it
After watching those three, you will desperately want to watch Once upon a Time in the West (which is probably Sergio Leone's best film) -- I know I do!
Old 12th March 2011, 08:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
After watching those three, you will desperately want to watch Once upon a Time in the West (which is probably Sergio Leone's best film) -- I know I do!
I bought Once Upon a Time in the West years and years ago and still haven't watched it. After getting a taste of Sergio's work I'll definitely be digging this one out to watch sooner rather than later.

Just finished watching Ponyo on BD and loved it. Such an adorable film, it's definitely aimed more for the younger audience compared to other Ghibli films but it still holds the magical spark that they never seem to lose. Might start watching some other Studio Ghibli films over the weekend as I've got the whole set and have only seen 3 or 4 so far.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 12th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched flavia the heretic 6/10

the taint 8/10 so much fun

Old 12th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Can't go wrong with Ghibli! So many great films.... Agree with your assessment of Ponyo. My personal fave is Nausicaa (also out on BD now ) but Princess Mononoke, My Neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away are right up there with the likes of Akira as some of the greatest anime of all time I reckon.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!