Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd June 2009, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think I am going to put mine in groups Soaps, Dramas,shameless Anchor Bay,Ec And so on.
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:24 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Before my son was born his bedroom was my storage room which housed all my books and dvds.Having little storage space left in the house this caused me a major problem leading up to his birth.My girlfriend wouldn't go with my idea of building a cot out of books and dvds so I had to get rid of some of my collection.1000+ books went to charity.That left me with what to do with the dvds.The only space was in my wardrobe,so I duly threw away most of my clothes and housed a large chunk of my dvds there.
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
The only space was in my wardrobe,so I duly threw away most of my clothes and housed a large chunk of my dvds there.
So if we see someone in the street wearing a DVD case we'll know it's you.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:02 PM
Cult Addict

I do like to air my nasties!
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Don't Look In The Basement then.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:42 PM
Cult Addict

I was thinking more of "The Beast In Heat".
Old 4th June 2009, 04:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I was thinking more of "The Beast In Heat".
Lovin the avatar dude.Start em young,eh.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict

I am big believer in starting them young,I think it was the Jesuits who said:give me the boy and I'll show you the man.His first film when new born was "Maniac"and his sister's,when new born was the "Dawn of the Dead" remake.By the way,nobody here is a social worker are they!
Old 4th June 2009, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The only thing about displaying DVD's downstairs is that non collecting friends can see them and ask to borrow some.
I'm not tight, but I know that to a non collector a DVD is only a £13 shiny disc , or a shiny disc that the guy with the sports bag sells at 3 for a tenner in the pub.
Well to me its alot more than that , a hell of a lot more.
I also know that if its an infamous film , or particular violent , it'll be brought into their work and lent to other people, and the chances of me getting it back in the same condition as I lent it out are nil.
Plus, in the case of films I dont have more than one version of, it leaves a hole in whatever section of DVD's it was barrowed from , and that annoys the hell outta me. I've re-bought a film on a few odd occasions as it's irratted me that much , and that was only after 2 days, as I could see that one film not being in its slot was thowing all the rest of whatever section out of sync.

What way do the rest of you feel on lending. ?

BTW, I keep mine upstairs now, and have stopped lending films out.
Old 5th June 2009, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I Never lend these days. I let mum borrow a few to watch as she treats everything with respect, but anyone else is told nicely no way. Because many are rare and I spent years trying to get them I don't want them damaged or lost and boy have I had many of both due to ignorance, Because as you say to a non serious collector it is nothing more than a Disc.

My Ex Hayley borrowed some back in 2003, I went round to hers and 3 of the discs were thrown content side down on top of her unit next to a glass of coke.

I have Ocd & Tourettes syndrome so Although I am very placid soft and laid back one thing that will make me fire up is having my Dvds mistreated and i do admittedly wrap them in cotton wool so to speak so much as a speck of dust and i get arsey LOL. It takes 4 seconds to put something back in the case.And how hard is it to hold a disc round the edge instead of putting sticky fingerprints all over the damn thing.

I don't know maybe I am OTT and protective of My collection but it means so much to me but these days I would not lend, expierience has taught me enough!!.

Like this? Share it using the links below!