Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1337Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2012, 05:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Angel Heart (1987)

Angel Heart (1987)

Louis Cyphre: You know, some religions think that the egg is the symbol of the soul, did you know that?

Louis Cyphre: Winesap? Oh he's dead. Nasty accident. Don't worry. No-one will mourn one less lawyer in the world - there's death everywhere these days Johnny. But what gives human life its worth... anyway? Because someone loves it, hates it? The flesh is weak, Johnny. Only the soul is immortal. And yours belongs to ME.

Louis Cyphre: I have old-fashioned ideas about honour. An eye for an eye... stuff like that.

Louis Cyphre: They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate each other, but not enough to make them love.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angel Heart (1987) .jpg (94.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Angel Heart (3) .jpg (90.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Angel Heart (2) .jpg (91.2 KB, 1 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2012, 06:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Se7en (1995)

seven.

John Doe: What sick ridiculous puppets we are / and what gross little stage we dance on / What fun we have dancing and ****ing / Not a care in the world / Not knowing that we are nothing / We are not what was intended.

William Somerset: [Reading from one of John Doe's journals] On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing.

John Doe: Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up; a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him; a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal. After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one. This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seven (2).jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg seven.jpg (93.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg seven (3).jpg (89.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 06:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Fight Club (1999)

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tyler Durden: Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fight Club (1999) .jpg (98.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Fight Club (2) .jpg (100.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Fight Club (3) .jpg (99.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 06:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Killing (1956)

The Killing (1956)

Johnny Clay: You'd be killing a horse - that's not first degree murder, in fact it's not murder at all, in fact I don't know what it is.

Johnny Clay: You like money. You've got a great big dollar sign there where most women have a heart.

Maurice: You have my sympathies, then. You have not yet learned that in this life you have to be like everyone else - the perfect mediocrity; no better, no worse. Individuality's a monster and it must be strangled in it's cradle to make our friends feel confident. You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshipped, but there is always present underlying wish to see them destroyed at the peak of their glory.

Narrator: At exactly 3:45 on that Saturday afternoon in the last week of September, Marvin Unger was, perhaps, the only one among the hundred thousand people at the track who felt no thrill at the running of the fifth race. He was totally disinterested in horse racing and held a lifelong contempt for gambling. Nevertheless, he had a $5 win bet on every horse in the fifth race. He knew, of course, that this rather unique system of betting would more than likely result in a loss, but he didn't care. For after all, he thought, what would the loss of twenty or thirty dollars mean in comparison to the vast sum of money ultimately at stake.
Old 29th March 2012, 07:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)

Cheyenne: You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man.

Cheyenne: Yeah, go on. Play, Harmonica. Play, so you can't bullshit.

Cheyenne: You don't understand, Jill. People like that have something inside... something to do with death.

Cheyenne: [to Jill] You know what? If I was you, I'd go down there and give those boys a drink. Can't imagine how happy it makes a man to see a woman like you. Just to look at her. And if one of them should pat your behind, just make believe it's nothing. They earned it.

Frank: My weapons might look simple to you, Mr. Morton, but they can still shoot holes big enough for our little problems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Once Upon a Time in the West (2).jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Once Upon a Time in the West.jpg (91.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Once Upon a Time in the West (4).jpg (86.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Once Upon a Time in the West (3).jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 07:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default For a Few Dollars More (1965)

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

Title card: Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared.

Col. Douglas Mortimer: [discussing strategy to defeat Indio] When two hunters go after the same prey, they usually end up shooting each other in the back. And we don't want to shoot each other in the back.

Col. Douglas Mortimer: That contraption almost sent you to your grave.

Wild, The Hunchback: Well well, if it isn't the smoker. Well... Remember me, amigo?
Col. Douglas Mortimer: M-Mm.
Wild, The Hunchback: 'Course you do. El Paso.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: It's a small world.
Wild, The Hunchback: Yes, and very, very bad. Now come on, you light another match.
Col. Douglas Mortimer: I generally smoke just after I eat. Why don't you come back in about ten minutes?
Wild, The Hunchback: Ten minutes you'll be smoking in hell. *Get up!*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg For a Few Dollars More (4).jpg (98.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg For a Few Dollars More (3).jpg (98.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg For a Few Dollars More (2).jpg (97.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg For a Few Dollars More.jpg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 29th March 2012, 07:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default reservoir dogs

Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Brown: Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks.

Ha i just realised you did all the names in there colours
Old 29th March 2012, 07:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Reservoir Dogs

Mr. Brown: Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks.

Ha i just realised you did all the names in there colours
Tell me about it, half way through i was wishing i had just gone with -

Joe: Let's go to work.

as my Reservoir Dogs quote.
VicDakin and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 29th March 2012, 07:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Clerks

Randal Graves: Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"?

Dante Hicks: "Empire".

Randal Graves: Blasphemy.

Dante Hicks: "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
Old 29th March 2012, 07:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I could fill this thread with quotes from Kevin Smith films.

Like this? Share it using the links below!