Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26825Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2018, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Didn't watch happy hell night or leatherface last night, so decided to watch happy hell night but lasted about 20 minutes before I turned off, so going to watch the first episode of the haunting of hill house.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 12th October 2018, 06:22 PM
Cult Addict

Watching The Mutilator tonight, was going to watch it last night, but by the time I got home and got myself a shower, I didn't have enough time.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2018, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well watched first episode of hill house, fantastic well acted ,written and directed also very creepy. There is a lot of character building and flashes back and forward between the night of the haunting and the present day, can see to more modern audiences it could be seen as slow but it for me just adds to.the tension and story. Now watching next episode. At moment 9/10
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 12th October 2018, 07:40 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well watched first episode of hill house, fantastic well acted ,written and directed also very creepy. There is a lot of character building and flashes back and forward between the night of the haunting and the present day, can see to more modern audiences it could be seen as slow but it for me just adds to.the tension and story. Now watching next episode. At moment 9/10
If you get bored with the show, try playing the game

Mike Flanagan Teases That Every Episode of “The Haunting of Hill House” Has Ghosts Hidden in Plain Sight | Bloody Disgusting

"The Haunting of Hill House is a modern take on the horror classic, reimagined as a 10 episode Netflix series. While you’re binge watching the show, director Mike Flanagan encourages viewers to look for the hidden ghosts he took the time to hide in the shadows of the set.

“The interior was designed so that it could hide ghosts,” Flanagan told Bloody-Disgusting. “That was one of the big things. If you go back and watch the series again, in every episode there’s probably somewhere between eight and 10 ghosts that are just hidden in plain sight that we called no attention to but they’re there. I’m giddy about when the show launches and people start to spot them. I think that’s going to be really fun. We had a blast just hiding them all over the set whenever we were shooting. It’s pretty cool.”"
trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th October 2018, 07:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Symptoms(1974).

From Vampyres director Jose Larraz comes a story about a mentally disturbed young girl who comes back to live in her country mansion after spending some time in Switzerland, and invites a friend to stay with her to keep her company.

Angela Pleasence stars in the lead role as Helen Ramsey the unhinged girl with a lot of secrets and Lorna Heilbron plays the role of Anne West, the friend who may regret choosing to stay.

A slow burner of a film which relies more on mood and atmosphere, with lots of wandering around in woods and in the old mansion, and a mysterious lake that holds a dark secret.
Angela Pleasence is absolutely superb as the deranged and vulnerable young girl who is capable of extreme violence, and Lorna Heilbron is very good too. And another notable co-star is Peter Vaughan as the sleazy gamekeeper.

Recommended 7.5/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg symptoms-blu-ray-dvd.jpg (72.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 12th October 2018, 08:04 PM
Cult Addict

The Mutilator
A son tries to clean his father's guns and accidentally shoots his mother. His sad is pissed of. Years later the boy and his college friends go to his dad's condo to shut for the winter. Only there is a killer.
I have to say I enjoyed this, if only for a couple of fun kills and a few enjoyable moments. I absolutely hate that bloody song from the arrow main menu.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 12th October 2018, 11:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Howl 2015.

A group of passengers become stranded on a train, as they attempt to walk back to the station they are chased by an animal, as they make a stand they are told stories about werewolves that prowled the area for years.

This was a so so british flick, it's not like The Howling or An American Werewolf In London, we don't see humans change to animal, it does show how normal people would survive a night of terror with a barricade and weapons that I don't think are actually on a train, don't expect to be watching a big budget movie but worth a look. 6 out 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (1).jpg (8.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th October 2018, 01:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Suspiria 1977.

An American travels to Germany to study Ballet, she is convinced the school is a coven for witches.

One of Argento's greatest movies, the build up with suspense and tension with a great score from the band Goblin is brilliantly mixed in and used on set to Creep everyone out.

From the first 10 mins to seeing eyes staring back through the window was a bit eerie and wtf is that, which leads to a double murder and other pending deaths.

There is a brilliant star cast from Jessica Harper, Alida Valli, Joan Bennett and small appearance from Udo Kier(there was a bit of bad dubbing in his one scene but never be put off). Is it possible to remake this movie the same way Dario created it 41 years ago?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-SuspiriaItaly.jpg (18.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th October 2018, 10:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Default Troll

Troll (1986)

I bought the new Eureka BD set, total blind buy, I'd not even seen the trailer so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. I did think it'd be more along the lines of a traditional horror film with monsters, like Puppet Master and Dolls but it's actually a very funny horror comedy with some good effects and a fun musical number that reminded more of Labyrnth than something like Supspecies

Loved it, even though it was a bit rubbish. Going to watch the hour long doc before giving Troll 2 a spin, which I'm nervous and excited about in equal measure

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th October 2018, 04:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dracula Prince of Darkness.

Two british couples are on holiday in the carpathian mountains and get warned by a priest not to go near Carlsbat but they take no notice and end up at Castle Dracula after getting abandomed by their coachman.

I have to say that i like this sequel a lot despite the fact that it doesnt star the great Peter Cushing. it has all the great gothic atmospheres and nice creepy castle, with the equally creepy Klove, Dracula's servant who brings his master back in a particulary nasty way by doing a blood sacrifice.

the cast are excellent too, especially Barbara Shelley, who looks amazing when she becomes a vampire.and actress Susan Farmer is pretty nice on the eye as well.

The only other thing that i was disappointed with a bit, apart from no Peter cushing, is that Christopher Lee gets no lines at all in the film, only the occassional snarl. But it is still top notch Hammer directed by Terence fisher. and has a interesting death for Dracula as well at the end, which made a change from the usual stake.

so this Hammer classic gets 87 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dracula-Prince-of-Darkness-1.jpg (60.6 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!