All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26825Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2022, 07:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Last night was the first night i had all 14 t-light holders lit. No pumpkins of course or anything with batteries, too early.
Looks amazing Dem very homely too.
Old 15th October 2022, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Looks amazing Dem very homely too.
It would be for you pumpkinhead.

Ooh! Reminds me i haven't watched Vengeance: The Demon this October yet.
MacBlayne and nicholasrope like this.
Old 15th October 2022, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's a slasher movie with a alien instead of a psycho killer you could also say it's also a pre predator , predator movie as the alien is hunting.

We have Jack Palance, Martin Landau,
Cameron Michelle and a young David Caruso in a brief and early role.

A stone cold classic that's still as good today as when it first released. Nicholson gives a fantastic wide eyed and deranged performance . It's expertly directed by Kubrick with some truly chilling scenes. Duvalls snot infested whinging performance still boils my piss, was it Kubricks decision to make her as unlikable as possible?

Now watching Doctor Sleep DC.

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th October 2022 at 07:47 PM.
Old 15th October 2022, 07:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
So the question that needs answering is...

The pumpkin, the skull or the witch?

Anyway, choosing one, definitely the pumpkin for me.
Pumpkin for me too.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 15th October 2022, 07:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

It's a slasher movie with a alien instead of a psycho killer you could also say it's also a pre predator , predator movie as the alien is hunting.

We have Jack Palance, Martin Landau,
Cameron Michelle and a young David Caruso in a brief and early role.

A stone cold classic that's still as good today as when it first released. Nicholson gives a fantastic wide eyed and deranged performance . It's expertly directed by Kubrick with some truly chilling scenes. Duvalls snot invested whinging performance still boils my piss, was it Kubricks decision to make her as unlikable as possible?

Now watching Doctor Sleep DC.
Without Warning is great fun.
trebor8273 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 15th October 2022, 08:02 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 15

35145988_sa.jpg

Two females friends head into the woods camping with their husbands following behind . On the freeway the husbands truck starts running low on water and they have to pull in for repairs. The mechanic tells them they need a new radiator which takes a few hours to fit making them late for their trip. Foolishly with night fall not far off the women head in to the forest alone to set up camp. One of the women is killed by a hermit living in a cave in the forest and unknow to the men they end up spending the night in the cave with the hermit to shelter from a storm.

The film stars off well I loved the look and the acting was pretty decent with a couple of good kills right away I felt this was promising but things took a turn I didn't predict or enjoy. The ghosts of the hermits kids show up to help the the group survive their fathers lust for human flesh and the kids are annoying as hell of just their faces was enough to annoy me they tried something different with this slasher but it just didn't work for me. The kills even with a lot of camera cut away still feel brutal kill the killer really going for it but in the flash back where he is killing his wife's lover I did laugh first it's a knife then a saw them a sprong then there are some western bar fight breaking of chairs and finally a giant circle saw

The best thing about The Forest is the forest itself the scenery is absolutely beautiful but apart from that there is nothing great about this one and not one I'll return to. Awesome poster tho.
Old 15th October 2022, 08:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 14th

Creepshow 2 (1987)

Again based on three short stories by Stephen King, Creepshow 2 might not be as good as it's 1982 predecessor but it certainly has it's moments.

The first story Old Chief Wood'nhead is about the owners of a backwater general store (George Kennedy and Dorothy Lamour in her final film role) whose outer decor includes a cigar store Indian named "Old Chief Wood'nhead". When the couple are terrorised and murdered by three local youths the wooden figure exacts revenge in it's own way.

It's not a bad story at all and it's lovely seeing Kennedy and especially Lamour - who was a genuine old time Hollywood star in the 1940's starring alongside Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in their hugely successful 'Road to...' movies - in what is essentially a comic book genre movie.

Second story The Raft is comfortably my favourite. It concerns four young people who become stranded on a raft in the middle of a lake when some sort of creature resembling an oil slick decides on eating them for lunch.

There's some lovely gooey special effects work from Tom Savini in this and despite the creature at times resembling a bin liner in the water it remains a reasonably gripping tale of terror.

The final story The Hitch-hiker stars former Bond girl Lois Chiles as an adulterous businesswoman who accidentally kills a hitch-hiker late one night in a hit and run. However the hiker isn't quite dead (Or is he?) and soon appears in front of her car again.

Despite this having the most memorable line in pretty much any horror anthology film "Thanks for the ride, lady!" The Hitch-Hiker is far too long at 35 mins for it's slender story. Chiles in what is basically a one woman performance manages to maintain interest but the actual premise is so slender it could have done with several minutes shaving off.

Meanwhile the wrap around story done in animation about a boy named Billy reading the Creepshow comic whilst arsing about on his bike is just crap and a waste of time.

Creepshow 2 isn't brilliant but definitely one i always want in my collection.

Arrow's Blu-ray looks very nice and has some decent interviews with screenwriter George A. Romero and actor / FX artist Tom Savini among others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creepshow2poster.jpg (24.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 15th October 2022, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Feast. 2005.

A group of people in a bar become surrounded by creatures.

This was the first time seeing this and it was awesome, right at the start we are introduced to the characters and their chances of survival, a bit of a Grindhouse moment there. But after the introductions we are basically thrown into the bloodbath and a continuous night of survival with some quirky one liners, decent acting, good cinematography and decent creature effects.

Feast_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

Up next From A whisper To A Scream
Old 15th October 2022, 08:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Feast. 2005.

A group of people in a bar become surrounded by creatures.

This was the first time seeing this and it was awesome, right at the start we are introduced to the characters and their chances of survival, a bit of a Grindhouse moment there. But after the introductions we are basically thrown into the bloodbath and a continuous night of survival with some quirky one liners, decent acting, good cinematography and decent creature effects.

Attachment 242682

Up next From A whisper To A Scream
In my opinion Feast 2 is even better. Totally bonkers but the third film has a poor ending.
Old 15th October 2022, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
In my opinion Feast 2 is even better. Totally bonkers but the third film has a poor ending.
Feast 2 and Sinister 2 is lined up for tomorrow

Like this? Share it using the links below!