Like Tree259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2013, 12:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, I do like Alien 3 and considering how weird the original ideas for the film were, the film that was made was the best result I think. I didn't like Alien Resurrection but the door is always open...

Well, my bête noire is Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things which I think is a masterpiece. People generally hate that movie don't they ? God, I love it...
I also love Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (despite how much of a cock Alan Ormsby is in it!).

Plus, nice to see you back, Wes. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'm pretty sure if these films were watched by a regular audience they'd all be seen as complete rubbish, I love 'em all though (as do most people on here, I would think):

Zombie Holocaust
Night of the Demon
Burial Ground
Zombie Creeping Flesh
The Incredible Melting Man
Pieces
Cat in the Brain
Basket Case
Island of Death
Anthropophagus
I love most of those, Vampix (especially Burial Ground, Pieces, and Basket Case).

I think the only ones that I couldn't watch over and over would by Zombie Holocaust, The Incredible Melting Man, and Cat in the Brain... but even they aren't without their own peculiar charms
Wes likes this.
Old 30th July 2013, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'm pretty sure if these films were watched by a regular audience they'd all be seen as complete rubbish, I love 'em all though (as do most people on here, I would think):

Zombie Holocaust
Night of the Demon
Burial Ground
Zombie Creeping Flesh
The Incredible Melting Man
Pieces
Cat in the Brain
Basket Case
Island of Death
Anthropophagus

Totally agree tried showing some of these to friends and they did think they where rubbish, mind these people also watch X factor etc and soap operas so their taste don't really mean much!

Is this the zombie dead, burial ground just with a different title?
Wes likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 30th July 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 30th July 2013, 02:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yes, I do believe Vipco's stupidly titled 'The Zombie Dead' is another name for Burial Ground (aka The Nights of Terror). I wouldn't show my non-horror fan friends any of those films I listed, they'd think I was nuts for owning them. Although they'd probably get a good laugh out of them.
Old 30th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Totally agree tried showing some of these to friends and they did think they where rubbish, mind these people also watch X factor etc and soap operas so their taste don't really mean much!
Someone left a comment on my blog the other day regarding The Keep and how embarrassing it was when he showed the film, which he loved, to his friends - with unexpected disastrous results and I know exactly what he means. I almost never show my wife and of my films anymore, because she's just not into the likes of Suspiria and so on, but worse still, when we watched one of my films I ended up watching the film through her eyes, thinking "God, she'll find this section of the film pretty boring!" and so on. Some things are just not for sharing !
Old 30th July 2013, 06:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default alin erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Not at all, Resurrection is one of the most underrated films I know. Join me in my love for Resurrection :-D
Your right,and for sheer bloody mindedness im gonna watch it again tonight,this time with Jean-Pierre Jeunet intro,where he throws his toys out of his pram and has a little sulk.
Old 31st July 2013, 12:28 AM
Cult Addict

I stuck ZOMBIE 3 (AKA ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS 2 the hand is back) on for a mate and he really enjoyed it)

But there's a lot of films people think i'm mental for liking.
Old 31st July 2013, 07:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Naked Lunch.... One of Cronenberg's most polarizing films, but I watched the Criterion Blu a few weeks ago having gone some years since the last time I saw the film and I consider it one of Cronenberg's finest works. I remember when this came out the Horror press crucified the film - John Martin's fanzine Giallo Pages was particularly vitriolic in its hatred for the film. Aside from one disastrous special effect late in the show, I think the film is a brilliant mood piece...

Old 10th August 2013, 05:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Event Horizon

Spell binding mind altering trip into the deep dark dimensions of space,combining the best parts of 2001 with sheer tension of Alien,a masterpiece of Sci-fi cinema....HaHaHa what a load of old twaddle,the films a useless piece of turgid crap but I really like,maybe its because Im hoping Paul W.S. Anderson will one day get sucked into a black hole,as apposed to being stuck up his own arse.
Still I do luv Sam Neil being abit mental.

Old 2nd October 2014, 06:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Spell binding mind altering trip into the deep dark dimensions of space,combining the best parts of 2001 with sheer tension of Alien,a masterpiece of Sci-fi cinema....HaHaHa what a load of old twaddle,the films a useless piece of turgid crap but I really like,maybe its because Im hoping Paul W.S. Anderson will one day get sucked into a black hole,as apposed to being stuck up his own arse.
Still I do luv Sam Neil being abit mental.

I also really like this.
trebor8273 and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 2nd October 2014, 06:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I also really like this.
Is it regarded as terrible?

I also really like this, in fact everyone know who collects cult dvd's has the limited packaging release of this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!