All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2008, 04:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I've got the SADDEST SONG EVER stuck in my head. Not good! But so goddamn beautiful and sad! It's 'Fields Of Gold'

Click here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=paS9MzO_pBo , listen to the song AND read the comments. I challange anyone to do that and NOT feel sad!

I've a habit of putting these type of songs on when im in from the pub.blues rockers Great whites live version of maybe someday(on the stage cd) is a corker. mark kendalls guitar sure does sound like its gently weeping.Funny,its music to chill out to,after a hectic night,but it sure takes you back.Or maybe thats just me.
Old 4th November 2008, 07:04 PM
Cultist

And there I thought I was kidding when I said on another thread that I could shoehorn Andy Milligan references into a music thread. I've just added the Body Beneath, Bloodthirsty Butchers and Ghastly Ones to my last.fm 'library'. Great names for bands, I must say.

The last musical artefact I purchased was the soundtrack for the film THE LAST GREAT WILDERNESS, recorded by the Pastels with some help from Jarvis Cocker. Mr. Pastel himself sold me the cd and we had a little chat about yourself, TALLDUDE .
Old 4th November 2008, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiaswragg View Post
And there I thought I was kidding when I said on another thread that I could shoehorn Andy Milligan references into a music thread. I've just added the Body Beneath, Bloodthirsty Butchers and Ghastly Ones to my last.fm 'library'. Great names for bands, I must say.

The last musical artefact I purchased was the soundtrack for the film THE LAST GREAT WILDERNESS, recorded by the Pastels with some help from Jarvis Cocker. Mr. Pastel himself sold me the cd and we had a little chat about yourself, TALLDUDE .
Oh aye tobias,tell me more!
Old 4th November 2008, 07:22 PM
Cultist

You felt that the Pastels were an 'acquired taste' as I recall, and, because I discuss the various forums that I frequent when I'm in the store that Stephen Pastel works in, I mentioned this to Stephen, just for something to chat about while he was serving me. He was rather amused. Haven't seen the film yet BTW.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiaswragg View Post
You felt that the Pastels were an 'acquired taste' as I recall, and, because I discuss the various forums that I frequent when I'm in the store that Stephen Pastel works in, I mentioned this to Stephen, just for something to chat about while he was serving me. He was rather amused. Haven't seen the film yet BTW.

The film is also an "acquired taste." Seeing ford kiernan running around in a dress is a bit of an eyeopener. If i still had the dvd i would have sent it on to yah,but it went the way of the blockbuster trade ins a long time ago im afraid!
Old 4th November 2008, 09:00 PM
Cultist

Thanks, that's nice of you. I'll be honest, it was on ITV4 quite recently and I didn't bother recording/watching it, some of the stuff I've heard/read about it hasn't really floated my boat. I'm glad I (finally as I rather feebly apologised to Stephen for my delay in picking it up) heard the soundtrack first.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Whenever it get's to autumn metal always seems to take a backseat for me and I dig out all my post hardcore and more 'emotional' CD's. Don't know what it is, just something about the season. Last few weeks I've only been listening to bands like Hopesfall, Funeral for a Friend, Senses Fail and the like. I always like to chill out music wise in autumn and I find this type of music really reflective which is nice every now and again.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

A mate of mine has really started getting me hooked on metal and rock. Anyone here a fan of [B]Judas Priest[B]? My fav song has to be Take These Chainsand Painkiller. Also been introduced to Disturbed with the song Inside The Fire. Pretty hardcore! :P Anyone a fan?
Old 10th November 2008, 08:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
A mate of mine has really started getting me hooked on metal and rock. Anyone here a fan of [B]Judas Priest[B]? My fav song has to be Take These Chainsand Painkiller. Also been introduced to Disturbed with the song Inside The Fire. Pretty hardcore! :P Anyone a fan?
I have Disturbed's album 'The Sickness' from back in the days of nu metal. It's a decent album, some great songs on there, i'd recommend checking out 'Voices', 'Down with the Sickness' and 'Stupify' if your interested in hearing more of their stuff, their all great songs. I never kept up with them after that album really but I loved that song 'Stricken' by them that was on Guitar Hero 3
Old 10th November 2008, 11:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Our iluv's has certainly changed this past few month's.

Like this? Share it using the links below!