Like Tree27249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 08:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I remember when I was a kid everyone had a copy of Reign In Blood because it fited perfectly onto one side of a C-60, and sometimes a C-60 was the only thing you had handy...
I still have my cassette copy of that with an equally short album on the other side which slips my mind right now
Wes likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 08:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There weren't too many... but with Reign in Blood the length was just right - that album is a landmark in extreme music (but I do prefer South of Heaven)
Old 24th October 2012, 08:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, I prefer South of Heaven too, it got slated for being too slow compared to its predecessor, but I prefer the more melodic stuff personally
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 08:44 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't have any cassettes now, nor a machine on which to play them.

I'm currently listening to Music for the Jilted Generation, probably The Prodigy's most accomplished album, with a great variety of music.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Prodigy are some kind of Goth Nu-Metal thing nowadays aren't they ? I saw one of the tunes on that free Metal channel on Sky and it was pretty terrible. This is The Prodigy I remember...

Old 24th October 2012, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I saw them at V97 festival in Leeds and they were amazing, one of the best bands I've seen live and I spent the majority of the 2 hour set on my mates shoulders, something he regretted in the morning!
Old 24th October 2012, 08:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, I saw 'em in '95-ish supporting Oasis and they blew them off the stage. A great live act...
Old 24th October 2012, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, I saw 'em in '95-ish supporting Oasis and they blew them off the stage. A great live act...
I think one of my mates saw them on that tour, which is why he watched whatever band were on the second stage instead of the Prodigy that night, missed a treat though. People were getting crushed at the front so they stopped the show and made everyone move back and when they turned the big searchlights on, I had an amazing view from my elevated position at a massive sea of people all going nuts!
Wes likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 09:02 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ben Folds Five + great song + Fraggle Rock + the beautiful Anna Kendrick =

Old 24th October 2012, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've seen them three times – all in the Newcastle Arena – and they were brilliant on each occasion.

I like each and every album they've made, from Experience to Invaders Must Die, but this one is still my favourite.

Actually, after listening to so many tracks, Liam Howlett is a pretty good drummer!
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!