Like Tree3094Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
So if this is being shown at cinemas, and it's being advertised at starting at 8:00pm, do you think it'll actually start closer to 9:30pm?
And the rest, a mate of mine had tickets to watch them play at Manchester and had to leave to catch the last train back to Halifax otherwise it meant spending a fortune to either stay over, or get a taxi. Needless to say, they saw 2 songs by GNR due to the delay, £50 each or whatever it was, plus the travel expenses etc for 2 ****ing songs, piss take!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I won't be buying that dvd.

Two many jam sessions for a start, thats before we mention any real issues.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not a fan of bands jamming stuff out Dem? I love the live Zep footage of them extending songs, or do you mean extended guitar and drum solos, that is self indulgent rubbish, unless you're John Bonham!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not a fan of bands jamming stuff out Dem? I love the live Zep footage of them extending songs, or do you mean extended guitar and drum solos, that is self indulgent rubbish, unless you're John Bonham!
Check out the setlist. Every other song is "jam" especially the encore. Encores are supposed to be fast, furious, hit laden / crowd pleasing affairs.

I saw GN'R back in the early nineties when they played Milton Keynes Bowl on the mammoth Use Your Illusion tour. At one point they brought out sofas and sat around jamming for a good half an hour.

I was too "in with it all" to care back then but on a dvd i'd be fast forwarding.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Another reply to the same quote here Rik.

I saw The Black Crowes at Blackburn around the same time and their whole two and a half hour set was a jam session and it was fantastic. I love the Crowes though.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I haven't looked at the set list yet, but I can see your point. I have both Use Your Illusion live DVDs, Slash does his extended solo which is only good when he riffs off the Godfather theme tune, the rest I always skip.
BTW, the audio on the DVDs is shocking if you don't already own them, sounds like its been mixed with shit loads of reverb added
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just checked the set list again. There are three separate solo slots and four jam sessions including two in the encore.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's probably due to them having 3 guitarists if I'm not mistaken. I like a guitar solo if it has soul and feeling, if its just fretwanking then I'm not interested, which is the cause of many an argument between me and my fellow guitarist band mate who worships the ground EVH walks on
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:07 PM
Cult Don

To my mind, GNR are living on the name

I thought 'Appetite for Destruction' was a cracking album - I have a copy with the original banned cover - but after that, musically they became another Rolling Stones tribute act

The sad thing is, to many people, Axl Rose (which is an anagram of 'oral sex') is a GOD, and no matter how much he f**ks with them, they are going to worship everything he does

Hey, hey Rock and Roll, eh?

Oh, to be 16 again (and not know anything about real music)!!!
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
To my mind, GNR are living on the name

I thought 'Appetite for Destruction' was a cracking album - I have a copy with the original banned cover - but after that, musically they became another Rolling Stones tribute act

The sad thing is, to many people, Axl Rose (which is an anagram of 'oral sex') is a GOD, and no matter how much he f**ks with them, they are going to worship everything he does

Hey, hey Rock and Roll, eh?

Oh, to be 16 again (and not know anything about real music)!!!
Totally agree. Guns 'n' Roses were great, but "living on the name" is spot-on in 2012.

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!