Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1441Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th June 2024, 06:12 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Food Of The Gods' (1976) and 'Empire Of The Ants' (1977) - Both coming to Blu-ray from Kino Lorber

Release date: August 20

More info TBA

THE FOOD OF THE GODS: Special Features
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critics/Authors Lee Gambin and John Harrison, Author of WILDCAT!: The Films of Marjoe Gortner
  • Audio Commentary by Writer/Producer/Director Bert I. Gordon
  • Interview with Actress Belinda Balaski
  • 3 Radio Spots and 2 TV Spots
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Limited Edition Reversible Art and O-Card Slipcase
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Optional English Subtitles

EMPIRE OF THE ANTS: Special Features:
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian David Del Valle and Filmmaker/Historian Michael Varrati
  • Audio Commentary by Producer/Director Bert I. Gordon
  • Radio Spot
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
Rob4 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th June 2024, 04:09 PM
Cult Don

'Squirm' (1976) - Blu-Ray coming from Kino Cult

"The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out?and to their ravenous intent, they leave no doubt!

A truly frightening account of an infestation of biting worms, Squirm is guaranteed to make you do just that! When a powerful storm knocks Fly Creek, Georgia?s power lines down onto wet soil, the resulting surge of electricity drives large, bloodthirsty worms to the surface ? and then out of their soil-tilling minds! Soon, the townspeople discover that their sleepy fishing village is overrun with worms that burrow right into their skin! Inundated by hundreds of thousands of carnivorous creatures, the terrorized locals race to find the cause of the rampage ? before becoming tilled under themselves!

Try to sit still for Squirm, the cult eco-horror classic from director Jeff Lieberman (Blue Sunshine, Just Before Dawn) and makeup F/X legend Rick Baker (An American Werewolf in London)!"

Special Features and Specs:
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critics / Authors Lee Gambin and John Harrison
  • Audio Commentary by Writer / Director Jeff Lieberman
  • Digging In - The Making of Squirm: Documentary with Jeff Lieberman, Actor Don Scardino and Special Effects Artist Bill Milling (33:11)
  • Eureka: A Tour of Locations with Jeff Lieberman
  • TV and Radio Spots
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Color
  • 92 Minutes
  • 1.85:1
  • Rated PG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Squirm - Kino 1.jpg (101.1 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Squirm - Kino 2.jpg (97.6 KB, 82 views)
Mojo and MrBarlow like this.

Old 14th June 2024, 05:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

SQUIRM is brilliant, but I am happy enough with Arrow?s Blu Ray.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 17th June 2024, 05:59 PM
Cult Don

'Kingdom Of The Spiders' (1977) - Blu-Ray coming from Kino Cult

"A living, crawling HELL ON EARTH!

This classic 1977 creepshow stars the legendary William Shatner (Star Trek, The Devil?s Rain) as veterinarian ?Rack? Hansen, faced with the puzzling death of a number of local farm animals. As even greater numbers of the helpless animals meet their deaths it is discovered that hundreds of tarantulas occupy the farm land. This is strange indeed! Tarantulas don?t live in colonies?or do they?

An attractive entomologist (brilliantly portrayed by Tiffany Bolling, The Candy Snatchers) is called to the dusty little Arizona town to explain the sudden arrival of the spiders and their usual behavior. But is it too late? Time seems to be running out as the new species of eight-legged freaks now number in the thousands! Is it even possible to halt this arachnid explosion? The spiders are everywhere ? and man is their prey!

Directed by John ?Bud? Cardos (The Dark, Mutant) and featuring Woody Strode (The Violent Breed), Lieux Dressler (Truck Stop Women) and Altovise Davis (Can?t Stop the Music)."

Special Features and Specs:
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin
  • Audio Commentary by Director John "Bud" Cardos, Producer Igo Kantor, Spider Wrangler Jim Brockett, Cinematographer John Morrill, Moderated by Lee Christian and Scott Spiegel
  • Audio Commentary by Producer Igo Kantor, Actress Tiffany Bolling, Moderated by Marc Edward Heuck
  • Interview with actress Tiffany Bolling
  • Interview with Writer Steve Lodge
  • Radio Spot
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Color
  • 97 Minutes
  • Rated PG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kingdom Of The Spiders.jpg (97.8 KB, 68 views)
Dave Boy and MrBarlow like this.

Old 18th June 2024, 01:50 PM
Cultist

I can never watch this, ever. I can't even look at the cover extreme arachnophobia. which just kills me, because I'm a Shatner fan and would love to be able to watch it...
Old 18th June 2024, 04:16 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
I can never watch this, ever. I can't even look at the cover extreme arachnophobia. which just kills me, because I'm a Shatner fan and would love to be able to watch it...
You and me together !

The only way to get over it is to watch the film

I saw both 'The Giant Spider Invasion' and 'Arachnophobia' at the cinema when they originally came out

Didn't cure me, but at least I can tick them off the list of films to be seen
Nuno_Miranda likes this.

Old 18th June 2024, 07:04 PM
Cult Don

'Navajo Joe' (1967) - Coming to Blu-Ray and DVD from Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Release date: August 13

"Relentless In His Vengeance! Deadly In His Violence!

Screen legend Burt Reynolds (White Lightning, The Longest Yard) stars in this classic western about a fearless Native American with a relentless vendetta

A band of outlaws, headed by a sullen leader Duncan (Aldo Sambrell, For a Few Dollars More), sweeps across the country like the plague, destroying everything in its path including a Navajo village. The outlaws arrive in the town of Esperanza, where they are hired by a crooked doctor to hijack a bank train and share in the wealth. But the sole survivor from the Indian village, a renegade Navajo named Joe (Reynolds), foils the plan by relocating the money. An irate Duncan holds Joe?s beautiful sweetheart (Nicoletta Machiavelli, The Hills Run Red) hostage until Joe surrenders? Joe once again must take on Duncan and his ruthless comrades with unforgettable vengeance

Featuring the great Fernando Rey (The French Connection) with top-notch direction by spaghetti western legend Sergio Corbucci (Django, The Hellbenders, The Great Silence) with a rousing and now classic score by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)."

Special features and specs:
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox, Author of 10,000 Ways to Die: A Director's Take on the Italian Western
  • Scene Specific Audio Commentary by Ennio Morricone Expert Gary Palmucci
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
  • Color
  • 93 Minutes
  • 2.35:1
  • Not Rated

NOTE: This is the same transfer as our 2015 release, but encoded at a higher bit rate and on a dual-layered BD50 disc, giving the feature 30mbps or more. So, it should look better than the previous release that was on a BD25 single layered disc. We added a brand-new Alex Cox audio commentary, English subtitles and a slipcase.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Navajo Joe.jpg (100.7 KB, 58 views)
g053584398 likes this.

Old 18th June 2024, 07:07 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
You and me together !

The only way to get over it is to watch the film

I saw both 'The Giant Spider Invasion' and 'Arachnophobia' at the cinema when they originally came out

Didn't cure me, but at least I can tick them off the list of films to be seen
hahahaha you are braver than me!
I watched 'Arachnophobia' on a dare from my friends and it was sheer torture. As you say, ticked off never to be watched again!

I'm a huge fan of 3D and there is also the 2013 'Spiders' that I'll never watch, which, to a completist at least a bit little coff coff on the spectrum, is not easy.
Old 20th June 2024, 06:59 PM
Cult Don

'SUDDEN DEATH' (1995) - Coming as a 4K UHD / Blu-Ray combo from Kino Lorber Studio Classics

Release date: August 27

"Action superstar Jean-Claude Van Damme (Hard Target) teams with Powers Boothe (The Emerald Forest) in a tension-packed suspense thriller from Peter Hyams, the director of Running Scared, Narrow Margin and Timecop

Inside the Civic Arena, 17,000 rabid hockey fans gather for the Stanley Cup final game - including the Vice President of the United States. What they don?t know is that someone is planning to have the building, and its inhabitants, blown to bits!

Van Damme portrays Darren McCord, a father who brings his two children to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins versus the Chicago Blackhawks. But when his daughter is suddenly taken hostage by terrorists, their special night out turns into a deadly race against time. Her sinister captor (Boothe) is demanding delivery of a billion dollars from the U.S. Treasury by game?s end. With thousands of lives at stake, the legendary 'Muscles from Brussels' frantically sets a plan in motion to rescue his daughter and abort the impending explosion... before the final buzzer!"

DISC 1 (4KUHD):
  • Brand New HDR Dolby Vision Master ? From 16bit 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Action Film Historians Mike Leeder and UK Cult Movie Director Ross Boyask
  • 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
  • Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):
  • Brand New HD Master ? From 16bit 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Action Film Historians Mike Leeder and UK Cult Movie Director Ross Boyask
  • EPK
  • Vintage Interview Clips with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Peter Hyams, Powers Boothe and Ross Malinger (8:01)
  • Behind-The-Scenes Footage (6:59)
  • TV Spot and Theatrical Trailer
  • 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
  • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
  • Color
  • 101 Minutes
  • 2.35:1
  • Rated R

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sudden Death.jpg (87.7 KB, 44 views)

Old 27th June 2024, 04:01 PM
Cult Don

'The White Dawn' (1974)! - Coming to Blu-ray in a Brand New HD Master, from a 4K Scan of the 35mm original camera negative from Kino Lorber:

Release date: August 27

"Starring Warren Oates (Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia), Timothy Bottoms (The Last Picture Show) and Louis Gossett Jr. (An Officer and a Gentleman), The White Dawn tells the true tale of three sailors in 1896 who are separated from their ship during a hunt for polar bear and walrus.

Eskimos who live on Baffin Island, just south of the North Pole, save their lives, but one angry sailor brings fear and violence to all. This astonishing Arctic adventure was helmed by Philip Kaufman, the acclaimed director of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Wanderers and The Right Stuff, with magnificent location footage by cinematographer Michael Chapman (Raging Bull) and a lush score by composer Henry Mancini (The Pink Panther)."

• Audio Commentary by Director Philip Kaufman
  • Introduction by Philip Kaufman (0:53)
  • Welcoming the Dawn: Featurette (16:47)
  • A Way of Life - The World of the Inuit: Featurette (10:01)
  • Color
  • 110 Minutes
  • Rated PG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The White Dawn 1.jpg (95.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg The White Dawn 2.jpg (96.6 KB, 31 views)
g053584398 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!