Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3696Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2018, 09:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

All the information you're after is printed on the sleeve (indeed, I think Indicator is highly unusual if not unique in providing both running times and production years of all extras in this fashion - Arrow and Criterion certainly don't) - and of course running times are instantly available via your player's OSD as soon as you start playing it, so you have that option too.

Over the past dozen years or so, I've worked for a large number of labels with different approaches, and I have to say that my strong personal preference is for the Indicator/Eureka/BFI/Second Run model of keeping things simple and facilitating getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible without too much onscreen text clutter or distracting pop-ups.
Old 21st December 2018, 09:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
All the information you're after is printed on the sleeve (indeed, I think Indicator is highly unusual if not unique in providing both running times and production years of all extras in this fashion - Arrow and Criterion certainly don't) - and of course running times are instantly available via your player's OSD as soon as you start playing it, so you have that option too.

Over the past dozen years or so, I've worked for a large number of labels with different approaches, and I have to say that my strong personal preference is for the Indicator/Eureka/BFI/Second Run model of keeping things simple and facilitating getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible without too much onscreen text clutter or distracting pop-ups.
so they are, i must have been thinking of a different label. anyway keep up the good work Michael and Merry Christmas, i'm really looking forward to the next Hammer box in 2019. any hint to an approximate time of arrival?
Old 21st December 2018, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Michael, you are SO defensive!
Rik likes this.
Old 21st December 2018, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
so they are, i must have been thinking of a different label. anyway keep up the good work Michael and Merry Christmas, i'm really looking forward to the next Hammer box in 2019. any hint to an approximate time of arrival?
Hammer vol 4 will hopefully be out some time next year, but for various reasons it doesn't have a firm release date yet - what's holding it up is an issue outside Powerhouse's control. Which is a shame, because I can't wait to get stuck into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
Michael, you are SO defensive!
I prefer "engaged".
Old 21st December 2018, 11:19 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Hammer vol 4 will hopefully be out some time next year, but for various reasons it doesn't have a firm release date yet - what's holding it up is an issue outside Powerhouse's control. Which is a shame, because I can't wait to get stuck into it.

If it’s an issue with the rights to the Hammer On The Buses films, hope they get it sorted!
Old 21st December 2018, 11:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
If it’s an issue with the rights to the Hammer On The Buses films, hope they get it sorted!

(They're with StudioCanal.)
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st December 2018, 01:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
i hope it's not something to do with getting decent elements for Revenge of Frankenstein fed up with sub-standard releases for that one...
Old 21st December 2018, 06:15 PM
Active Cultist

Over the past dozen years or so, I've worked for a large number of labels with different approaches, and I have to say that my strong personal preference is for the Indicator/Eureka/BFI/Second Run model of keeping things simple and facilitating getting from point A to point B as quickly as possible without too much onscreen text clutter or distracting pop-ups.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the things I really like about Indicator and Eureka discs, the no F'ing about approach. I hate skipping through trailers and loads of logos before I can make a selection. Once it's loaded, brief logo then into the film or extra.
Old 21st December 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bought the second Castle set today-another cracker!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th January 2019, 10:58 AM
Cult Addict

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet.Screenshot_20190110-115800_Instagram.jpg
bleakshaun likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!