LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2014, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Fantastic news! Long live Scorpion!
Bill probably subtly suggested Kino/Lorber are bootleggers at some stage, or other wild accusations, therefore he couldn't do a deal for CR's distribution.

This is a joke by the way.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 15th May 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 15th May 2014, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great news.Give us more Scorpion BD goodies!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2014, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What else do Scorpion release except niche genre titles?

It seems like it's the end for them.
Walt will go a different route,releasing more non-genre titles I think.
He's always been more into those it seems.
Old 8th June 2014, 10:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
It's generally a lot more expensive to release stuff on Blu-ray. Sales are never going to be what they were thanks to streaming, so releases tend to be niche. Sony seem to have given up on the format and are either dumping their back catalogue on mill creek or through Twilight time with little or no regard for foreign territories. Add to this Blu-ray was unfinished when released and given the number of people who dropped the format when I was working at Blockbusters thanks to the continual need for firmware updates, I don't think Blu-ray was ever handled that well from the get go.

Personally I kind of wish HDDVD had taken off instead....
As you say the costs involved are much greater than those associated with DVD and the Blu-Ray market is smaller than the former. The fact that we are talking about niche titles also further limits the potential sales figures.

I too had hoped that HDDVD would win the format war.
Old 29th July 2014, 09:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
The first batch of the limited Blus are GIRLY, MORTUARY, ISLAND CLAWS and DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE. MORTUARY will be limited to 1200, the others will be 1,000 each. The KNT segments are dropped on MORTUARY and PHONE; however, for GIRLY there will be a brand new KNT segment which will be the last KNT episode (we have two more that haven’t aired yet: CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL and HUMAN EXPERIMENTS), but this is the last. Watch why the KNT gets axed in the last episode of KNT.

Will be discussing with Code Red about having a date to have them up on his store. MSRP on each is 22.95, we are shooting for late August on these
Artwork:

Old 30th July 2014, 10:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thankfully Walter confirmed they'll be going up on Diabolik too, so international customers, and those who don't wish to jump through hoops, will get a chance to pick them up too. Which I'm hugely thankful for, I love Mortuary.
bdc and bizarre_eye@Cult Labs like this.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:35 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Announcement from Walter at Scorpion Releasing:

Quote:
For a limited time starting on Monday, Sept. 22nd at 10am, and ending on Sept 30th at 10am, Diabolik DVD will be taking pre orders for the limited edition blu-ray releases of MORTUARY, GIRLY, ISLAND CLAWS, and DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. They will be offering them for a limited time and will begin shipping them out on Oct 7th. These will be pressed in the following quantities:

MORTUARY – 1200
GIRLY – 1000
ISLAND CLAWS – 1200
DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE – 1000

These are all first time on blu-ray and they will also be sold on Scorpion's own sale page at a later date, which is still being worked on. But since they are ready, I figured instead of having many fans wait until I have my store site up and running, it would be better to have Diabolik have them for sale in the meantime. My store site should be up and running on Oct 1st and then I will be able to take all future orders for the remaining quantities from then on.

If this method works out, I will be having Diabolik handle the initial pre-books of my other upcoming limited edition titles as well.

Please see Diaboliks site for more info on the product, and other info, thanks!
Old 20th September 2014, 10:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Mortuary, Girly and Don't Answer the Phone will be mine!
Old 20th September 2014, 10:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

That's interesting that he's working on his own page. They were originally supposed to go up via Code Red's page, weren't they?

I'm in for Mortuary and Don't Answer The Phone. I haven't seen the other two. The artwork for Island Claws makes it look amazing though. I'm not sure if I can stretch to buying them as soon as they go up though. Don't want to miss out on Mortuary though.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:17 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
That's interesting that he's working on his own page. They were originally supposed to go up via Code Red's page, weren't they?
I think with Bill's ongoing haphazard approach to his site, Walter has (sensibly) decided to look into other means of selling his titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I'm in for Mortuary and Don't Answer The Phone. I haven't seen the other two. The artwork for Island Claws makes it look amazing though. I'm not sure if I can stretch to buying them as soon as they go up though. Don't want to miss out on Mortuary though.
I've never seen Island Claws either. I'd highly recommend Hammer stalwart Freddie Francis' Girly (Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny and Girly) though, which is by far the best of the bunch for me.
BAKA and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!